Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Who is Emperor

2»

Comments

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I think Mael just wants to break pvp for everyone.

    He is after all playing tsw which has broken pvp due to the all chums together pve.

    Instead if trying to break rvr with a bunch of wishy washy half way house, make pvp meaningless suggestions, these "faction locks are destroying my life" people would be better employed festering zenimax to make a separate server with a carebear ruleset.

    WTF guys. Seriously, I hate the term fanboy but you guys are taking the piss and seem to see no wrong and get offended when people point out problems that they see.

    You don't think it is a problem great, just buy the game and don't question things. get back in the box, cover your ears. Leave the discussion to people who want to discuss the problems we see. Go create your own "We love being forced to play how th developers want us to not how we want to" or "not being able to group with friends in other factions is my kind of social experiance" threads. I promise I will stay out of them.

     

    Listen, there are problems, people wouldn't dicuss them if there were not.

    And this point has nothing, nada, ZERO to do with PvP.

    This is 2 brothers, discussing the megaserver and faction locked races talking about how they cannot play the game together without one of them making a character they don't want to play.

    From that discussion I wondered how the game would deal with who becomes Emperor, how campaigns will work, how players will deal with being outside campaigns and having to deal with talking about owning a tower in one campaign and not in another. About how you might be on a campaign where you 'win' the war but because of some leaderboard type system due to megaserver you don't actually get the reward of 'winning'.

     

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    I can answer this actually.  Matt/Paul/everyone told us back in October that the Emperor position will be controlled by the controlling guild and faction in Cyrodiil, and yes it can change constantly.  More details on how it all works we'll just have to wait for.

    Do we have any info yet about how they determine who is the controlling guild or faction or is it just a wait and see? I haven't seen anything yet, not even on dedicated TES forums where these things are being discussed to death but if you can get them to release 'some' infor about it 'wink' then that would be cool. :)

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

    Who on earth wants to play a game doing something they don't enjoy?

    no one.. Meaning companies don't have to focus on those who do not enjoy their product(s). It seems to be set in stone as it stands, i guess those who hate the idea of faction locks won't be playing. If in turn that hurts Zenimax, we can talk about that when the time comes.

    Well it is already being discussed a lot on the TES forums, whether Zenimax are paying any attention...it doesn't seem they are and that is the sad part for a lot of TES fans it seems.

  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,905Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

    WTF guys. Seriously, I hate the term fanboy but you guys are taking the piss and seem to see no wrong and get offended when people point out problems that they see.

    You don't think it is a problem great, just buy the game and don't question things. get back in the box, cover your ears. Leave the discussion to people who want to discuss the problems we see. Go create your own "We love being forced to play how th developers want us to not how we want to" or "not being able to group with friends in other factions is my kind of social experiance" threads. I promise I will stay out of them.

     

    Listen, there are problems, people wouldn't dicuss them if there were not.

    And this point has nothing, nada, ZERO to do with PvP.

    This is 2 brothers, discussing the megaserver and faction locked races talking about how they cannot play the game together without one of them making a character they don't want to play.

    From that discussion I wondered how the game would deal with who becomes Emperor, how campaigns will work, how players will deal with being outside campaigns and having to deal with talking about owning a tower in one campaign and not in another. About how you might be on a campaign where you 'win' the war but because of some leaderboard type system due to megaserver you don't actually get the reward of 'winning'.

     

    What is there to discuss about it at this point? The subject has been brought up in just about every TES thread. We all know how each other feels about it.

    There's no fanboism in having an opinion, some feel it's okay as it stands, you don't agree, great, we all shared our feelings, now what? The subject has degraded from discussion to bickering, at that point i feel it's best to just agree to disagree.

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

    It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    It's a problem for some people, its a good idea that makes the pvp more meaningful and less likely to be gamed for others.

    Simple soloution
    2 servers, 1 with true rvr we can trust. 1 with compromised rvr that let's this elf guy play with his orc brother.

    If pvp integrity is more important to you, and you can handle not being able to go everywhere you play on server 1.

    If picking flowers with your orc buddy is more important to you, and your prepared to handle broken pvp, play on server 2

    Simples
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP LA, CAPosts: 102Member
    We need more RvR/PvP INFOS!!!!!

    Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing Editor Berea, OHPosts: 2,360MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    I can answer this actually.  Matt/Paul/everyone told us back in October that the Emperor position will be controlled by the controlling guild and faction in Cyrodiil, and yes it can change constantly.  More details on how it all works we'll just have to wait for.

    Do we have any info yet about how they determine who is the controlling guild or faction or is it just a wait and see? I haven't seen anything yet, not even on dedicated TES forums where these things are being discussed to death but if you can get them to release 'some' infor about it 'wink' then that would be cool. :)

    There's not really any real concrete info, no.  Though I vaguely remember them saying they were toying with the idea of the guild with the most actual control and contribution to dominance in Cyrodiil.  So if your guild is the one that captured and kept all the keeps all week (this is just speculation), your guild would be the one to name Emperor.

  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,905Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PvP4Life
    We need more RvR/PvP INFOS!!!!!

    Yeah as it stands all we have are outlines to go on, even the 9 min dev video full of gameplay footage really only gives an outline of the base systems.

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

    It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    I can answer this actually.  Matt/Paul/everyone told us back in October that the Emperor position will be controlled by the controlling guild and faction in Cyrodiil, and yes it can change constantly.  More details on how it all works we'll just have to wait for.

    Do we have any info yet about how they determine who is the controlling guild or faction or is it just a wait and see? I haven't seen anything yet, not even on dedicated TES forums where these things are being discussed to death but if you can get them to release 'some' infor about it 'wink' then that would be cool. :)

    There's not really any real concrete info, no.  Though I vaguely remember them saying they were toying with the idea of the guild with the most actual control and contribution to dominance in Cyrodiil.  So if your guild is the one that captured and kept all the keeps all week (this is just speculation), your guild would be the one to name Emperor.

    Cheers for the info...and I just watched your Neverwinter stream (couldn't watch live) and that has peeked my interest now that TESO is declining. Keep up the good work.

  • deakondeakon birminghamPosts: 583Member


    Originally posted by Maelwydd

    Originally posted by deakon You make it sound like rolling alts is just awful, which for someone who claims to love playing alts is...well...odd They are going to get two completely different stories instead of one while getting to play the race they want and experience a second race too. Faction identity isn't dumb at all, YOU just don't like it so are trying your hardest to paint it that way. Please just stop trying to push this agenda of yours, its getting tiresome now. It's not "the biggest topic on all the TES forums" at all, its only a big issue on this site because you keep posting thread after thread about it. Get over it, its not changing, its for too late for them to even consider changing it, move on.
    Who on earth wants to play a game doing something they don't enjoy? Don't you get it, they both want to play the characters they want to play and see a major problem with races being faction locked becase it forces one of them to do something they don't want to do. It isn't about doing another story as an alt, it is about one of them having to compromise just to play the game. As for biggest topic on the forums....feel free to browse the forums and see for yourself. And the point isn't about changing or not, it is about loyal TES fans deliberating if they will play the game. Just think about that for a moment, TES fans deliberating over wether to play or not...I sure see that as an issue the developers better hope they did their research on.

    I understand perfectly well what your trying to say, its the same thing you have said in thread after thread after thread, regardless of thread topic. Even when you start a thread about the emperor it's really turns out to be about the faction split, so yes I know exactly what your saying. The who's "Tommy" knows what your saying by now.

     

    And yes I'm on the official tes forums, 6 pages deep into the "Elder Scrolls Series Discussion", found 2 topics on the beta sign ups one on the jungle cyrodiil topic.....nope not one on faction locks, looked at the teso redit on the front page of hot the only mention of faction is a poll for which one you will chose, checked new no faction locked subjects on the front page there either. Went 3 pages deep into both new and hot no faction lock, surely if it was "the biggest issue" I would have seen something by now?


    No it isn't about the hardship of "loyal tes fans" at all, its about the issue you have with the game and you have found a video that kinda supports your issue (tho if its the video i suspect it is, it doesn't exactly damn the faction lock like you do either)  

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member

    The forums have discussed the topic to death, start another one and see what response you get lol

    The general concensus for TES fans is a mixture of, wait for the next SPG or don't like it but what can you do. Anyway, I tried to get this topic back on track but who cares huh. Lets just wait, stay quiet and I am sure Santa will be kind.

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It's a problem for some people, its a good idea that makes the pvp more meaningful and less likely to be gamed for others.

    Simple soloution
    2 servers, 1 with true rvr we can trust. 1 with compromised rvr that let's this elf guy play with his orc brother.

    If pvp integrity is more important to you, and you can handle not being able to go everywhere you play on server 1.

    If picking flowers with your orc buddy is more important to you, and your prepared to handle broken pvp, play on server 2

    Simples

    Very balanced portrayal of the options.... Integrity, being able to handle it....must be a pro PvP'er without problems to do with faction locks...picking flowers, broken PvP...must be a weak willed PvE'er.

    I agree having different server sets could help. I do think there are inherent problems with the mega server. Anyway...

  • WraithoneWraithone Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 3,592Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    This megaserver paints them into a corner.

    It stops them making alternative rule set servers, like ones where you can go anywhere and group with anyone for those that don't care for rvr.

    It puts pressure on the server they do have to break systems for those that do want to keep their rvr pure.

    It makes pve and pvp 2 separate games with no interdependence between the systems.

    If you want to be able to keep "balance" for PvP, without having to constantly nerf PvE into the ground, keeping them separate is a Good Thing(tm).

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    This megaserver paints them into a corner.

    It stops them making alternative rule set servers, like ones where you can go anywhere and group with anyone for those that don't care for rvr.

    It puts pressure on the server they do have to break systems for those that do want to keep their rvr pure.

    It makes pve and pvp 2 separate games with no interdependence between the systems.

    If you want to be able to keep "balance" for PvP, without having to constantly nerf PvE into the ground, keeping them separate is a Good Thing(tm).

    I dont want to be able to keep this "mythical pvp balance"  thats a lie sold to suckas by the likes of arenanet and blizzard.  MMOS CAN NEVER BE BALANCED.   I would rather pvp have meaning than chase the white elephant of mmo balance.

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

    I dont want to be able to keep this "mythical pvp balance"  thats a lie sold to suckas by the likes of arenanet and blizzard.  MMOS CAN NEVER BE BALANCED.   I would rather pvp have meaning than chase the white elephant of mmo balance.

    So anyone who believes the lie is a sucka. You mean balance like giving each faction 3 races rather then let people join the faction of their choice?

     

    Then I agree with you.

     

    Anyway, back to the Emperor....

  • MykellMykell MackayPosts: 618Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

    So eventually an Emperor will be crowned in Cyrodil. But who is actually Emperor?

    Some guild will work out how to "game" the system in beta and/or find some advantage the developers never thought of and end up being crowned Emperor. There will be much crying and tear shedding and finger pointing on these and the official forums as the developers scramble to pacify players who threaten to ragequit over how "unfair" the system is.

  • WraithoneWraithone Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 3,592Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    This megaserver paints them into a corner.

    It stops them making alternative rule set servers, like ones where you can go anywhere and group with anyone for those that don't care for rvr.

    It puts pressure on the server they do have to break systems for those that do want to keep their rvr pure.

    It makes pve and pvp 2 separate games with no interdependence between the systems.

    If you want to be able to keep "balance" for PvP, without having to constantly nerf PvE into the ground, keeping them separate is a Good Thing(tm).

    I dont want to be able to keep this "mythical pvp balance"  thats a lie sold to suckas by the likes of arenanet and blizzard.  MMOS CAN NEVER BE BALANCED.   I would rather pvp have meaning than chase the white elephant of mmo balance.

    "PvP have meaning"??... In what sense?  Making it skill based only?

  • faxnadufaxnadu HelsinkiPosts: 940Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

    Who is Emperor?

    My guess would be some ADHD Basement Dwelling kid who plays 16hrs a day, has alternating CaPiTaL letters in his characters name and is known to frequently use they word GHEY.

    All Hail the crown Emperor of Cyrodiil!!

    +1

  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 LondonPosts: 636Member
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

    Who is Emperor?

    My guess would be some ADHD Basement Dwelling kid who plays 16hrs a day, has alternating CaPiTaL letters in his characters name and is known to frequently use they word GHEY.

    All Hail the crown Emperor of Cyrodiil!!

    THIS.

    Seriously - the game should do a name scan and if your name is IC crapola - 'Pownage' or some such similar, it should block you from becoming Emperor. Hell - make it in-character, and have a Moth Priest come over and tell you the Elder Scroll of Good Taste won't allow it...

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.