Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please do not believe the negativos on this forum right away, test it yourself!

I write this massage because i am really a fan and i cannot stand seeing some of the overcritical messages from DF1 vets I see around

You really got to test this game yourself before jumping to conclusions.

I did the same before, after i read some negative posts, but I can tell you this game is a winner!

Maybe it is not DF 1, I have never played the game but it surely attracted me, that's why i am attracted now to Darkfall UW as well.

I feel this second darkfall game is really making true what it promises.

It has none of the typical unrealistic features of most mmo's.

It has the immersiveness of games like Skyrim, but then in multiplayermode

monsters do act like monsters, they are not just waiting there with a red name above their head untill you come and grab there exp and loot and there are no questhomies everywhere you look. it has not of a themeparc feeling to it but is rather a more realistic, living, breating world

Wait, i really like traditional mmo's, preferably Vanguard. But this kind of  game i find even

better because it is more realistic and you play more against real people then against the AI, just like you do in EVE online

This is going to be a finished game soon, without many bugs, certainly compared to DF 1

Maybe a tiny bit less hardcore, but on the right area's, which is a good thing because it opens the game up for a lot more people

It is not less HC in the sense that it is has less challenge. it is less HC in the sense that the gamaplay seems smoother then in DF 1. it is less niche in that sense. but it is very original, not at all a tehemeparc for the big masses, it doe not give up it's principles to apply to the great masses if you get what i mean

It is still true to it's principles, but more accesible due to it better UI

So enough said, you got to play the game before taking conclusions, that's all I want to say

Greetings

a big European Darkfalls UW fan

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

This game is playable now?

If not then I don't want to hear about it.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

this must be employer of av..

Current status of this game far from being released....

Not sure where this op gets his info from..

but hey.. buy it and you see it  i guess lol

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by WHYSOMAD
    I look forward to giving this title a try once it is stable and ready to Beta.

+1.........exactly what the above said.

I'm sure they could have not foreseen such a long time before DF:UW would be playable, wish they would have left up the DF1 servers.

• loveForMmosloveForMmos Member Posts: 11

It is very well playable in beta. it is available on their website

I just think everyone should try it out before judging

and no i have nothing to do with the company, my location is belgium and i am fairly new to this game

I am just very positive about it and just hope other people will pick up on this one too

if this game becomes a succes it will be very fun to play, so i want to stimulate people to try it out. this is a game that needs a large population to work

and then it works fantastic, because it really is playerbased as it is a pvp world

thanks for your attention!

a Darkfall UW's fan

All I see on their website is  "pre-order now".

Like I said I might check it out once it is available to be played by the general public.

Until then I don't really want to hear about it. Positive or negative.

Oh an if,

No free trial?

Not even gonna bother to try it.

If they want new customers , they better be willing to work for it.

I'm not just throwing money at any of these games anymore.

Yeah thats right, I said it. They have something to prove to ME if they want my money.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by paulytheb

This game is playable now?

If not then I don't want to hear about it.

Yea from a December release to god knows when release its fairly obvious this is vapor ware.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    I'd recommand potential players the complete opposite and instead wait for a "Launch" of the game.
  • naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94

I have played for 2 weeks without a single crash, without a single DC, with 130 fps and 60 ping all along. I have had more fun the recent 3 weeks than i've had the last 2 years of DF 1 and in any other game, even if it's hard to play the game the same way in a beta.

Those who are hesitant shouldnt play the beta, because, well it is a beta to test things and adress things. If you think this beta is a free trial then i'm sorry to say you are a victim of the disgusting trend the last years of companies launching free catchy trials disguised as beta.. AV and DFuw beta is not 1 of them.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Yea I was anxious to try it and dropped the $15. I should have waited, not worth the time in it's current state.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Company's rep was ruined a long time ago. An old saying...Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. All I can say about this.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

all bollocks!

if you pre-order you get acces to the beta

and the beta is very well playable

but every person has a different taste off course, that is just why that, if you feel the features of the game really attract you, it could proof you well to try it out instead of trusting on third-persons opinions and missing the chance of knowing a new satisfiyng game

If you like traditional grindingmmo's or you are a very attached DF1 vet then that's another story

but if you like immersive open-world sandbox pvp and you are open for something else then DF1, then i would give it a go

the commentaries can just put you on the wrong track, as they did with me before

Now I am very glad I did not listen so now I can prepare myself in all serinity for launch, which definitly is going to happen and with succes I believe, that is if the, imo, exagorated, scepticism does not kill it beforehand

so if you want to believe me: if this kind of game is for you, you will like it!

LfM

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    While DF;UW does have several things going for it, from the video's i've seen the game world itself looks incredible, but, there has been enough negative posting from those who have tried it so far, that i'd prefer to wait until the game does actually release, paying to Beta a game that has so many questionmarks over it, just isnt smart. image
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by loveForMmos

but if you like immersive open-world sandbox pvp

But if I don't, may I be excused from testing it?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    ill give it a try when it is OFFICALLY released.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

If they release the game as it is now.. missing tons of featrues and it plays bad compared to the origional then it will be a massive flop..

Most DF vets hate what have been done to this.. AV have tried to please everyone and done a bad job at it.. also in doing so removed what little sand the box had..

all bollocks!

if you pre-order you get acces to the beta

and the beta is very well playable

but every person has a different taste off course, that is just why that, if you feel the features of the game really attract you, it could proof you well to try it out instead of trusting on third-persons opinions and missing the chance of knowing a new satisfiyng game

If you like traditional grindingmmo's or you are a very attached DF1 vet then that's another story

but if you like immersive open-world sandbox pvp and you are open for something else then DF1, then i would give it a go

the commentaries can just put you on the wrong track, as they did with me before

Now I am very glad I did not listen so now I can prepare myself in all serinity for launch, which definitly is going to happen and with succes I believe, that is if the, imo, exagorated, scepticism does not kill it beforehand

so if you want to believe me: if this kind of game is for you, you will like it!

LfM

I vehemently refuse to pay for ANY games Beta test. Sorry.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    dont listen to the OP. this game is unpolish with zero content. Aventurine is a bad ethics company that uses fake promises to scam ppl to pay for the alpha game.

don't listen to the above player or myself, try it out and listen to yourself

yes i understand you do not want to pay for a beta

i am glad I did pay even if it was only to support this promising game

but it might be better to wait untill launch if you are really scepetical, but please remain sceptical also towards negative posts from  gamebashers

imo this game is a GOOD game. and the content is made by the players themselves, just like in the real world, therefore it is pvp and not a wow-like levelgrinder

and just that is what i like verymuch in this game, it's like in EVE online

Respect

Peace

lFm

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

don't listen to the above player or myself, try it out and listen to yourself?

You just told me, not to listen to you...so I won't follow the "try it out" instruction.  Ok.

But I'm ok with listening to me...unless I'm telling myself not to try it? So confused.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

If they really want players to beta test it, they should offer it to them for free to do so.

Once they collect money, they're really giving early access to the game and people's expectation will be higher.

Keeping the NDA up, not providing a release date isn't the way to reduce the negative reporting, if the game is good, they should feel free to let people see it and decide for themselves.

Otherwise the campaign of mis-information will continue for the near term.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Yeah, could be true, that might have been better

but maybe they did that because they first tought they where going to launch and already had sold copies of the game. it then becomes some how difficult to refund all those people. and it would be unfair that, after the delay in december, they would new people play the beta for free.

they wanted to at least give something to lesser the diapointment so they opened up the beta for people whp had already payd for the real game

if they new before they could have done it like you say yeah

greets

lfmmp

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

pls people.

I am following and playing this game for almost 8 years.. and i can say you this..

a: game is not vapoware

b: the company is still the same.

I got addicted to darkfall because of its competitive gameplay.. 

tbh.. try this game out in 4/5 months and maybe they got a fully working game then..

cant say anything else because of nda

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I write this massage because i am really a fan and i cannot stand seeing some of the overcritical messages from DF1 vets I see around

You really got to test this game yourself before jumping to conclusions.

I did the same before, after i read some negative posts, but I can tell you this game is a winner!

Maybe it is not DF 1, I have never played the game but it surely attracted me, that's why i am attracted now to Darkfall UW as well.

I feel this second darkfall game is really making true what it promises.

It has none of the typical unrealistic features of most mmo's.

It has the immersiveness of games like Skyrim, but then in multiplayermode

monsters do act like monsters, they are not just waiting there with a red name above their head untill you come and grab there exp and loot and there are no questhomies everywhere you look. it has not of a themeparc feeling to it but is rather a more realistic, living, breating world

Wait, i really like traditional mmo's, preferably Vanguard. But this kind of  game i find even

better because it is more realistic and you play more against real people then against the AI, just like you do in EVE online

This is going to be a finished game soon, without many bugs, certainly compared to DF 1

Maybe a tiny bit less hardcore, but on the right area's, which is a good thing because it opens the game up for a lot more people

It is not less HC in the sense that it is has less challenge. it is less HC in the sense that the gamaplay seems smoother then in DF 1. it is less niche in that sense. but it is very original, not at all a tehemeparc for the big masses, it doe not give up it's principles to apply to the great masses if you get what i mean

It is still true to it's principles, but more accesible due to it better UI

So enough said, you got to play the game before taking conclusions, that's all I want to say

Greetings

a big European Darkfalls UW fan

Green: blind fanism.....

Red: I don't want "multiplayer" mode.

my point was: TRY IT OUT, you are the only judge
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Yeah, could be true, that might have been better

but maybe they did that because they first tought they where going to launch 

Do you really believe the game was ready for launch? That Aventurine believed themself it was?