Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General first impression

MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
You know, the gameplay isn't bad. The animations are cute, but the community is the absolute worse I've ever seen in any online game, ever. The general chat is nothing but racism, profanity, WoW talk, and sexual inappropriate comments. Other players will attempt to grief you ever time you try to use a charge up skill. Seriously, these are some really awful people.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Combat seems alright, I was worried it would be to fast paced/circle strafy, but the slow movement rate feels perfect to me. Maybe this has more to do with just playing a Berserker, but regardless it works for me.

I'll definently give the game a week or two and see how I feel. I only got to play it for 10 minutes or so, but I got good vibes.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Welcome to the F2P comunity, full of idiots who clog the game up with stupid chat. Hopefully it gets better as the 'intelectually declined' leave off to harrass another game.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Welcome to the F2P comunity, full of idiots who clog the game up with stupid chat. Hopefully it gets better as the 'intelectually declined' leave off to harrass another game.

Tera had that type of chat from the start, long before f2p.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by MortisRex
    You know, the gameplay isn't bad. The animations are cute, but the community is the absolute worse I've ever seen in any online game, ever. The general chat is nothing but racism, profanity, WoW talk, and sexual inappropriate comments. Other players will attempt to grief you ever time you try to use a charge up skill. Seriously, these are some really awful people.

There are Three ways to fix the chat.

1)  Click on the name of each abuser and select block,  before you know it your global chat will be abuse free.

2)  Click on the chat tab, select tab options and uncheck global.

3)  Click on the name of the chat abuser and report.

My advice to you would be choice 1.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

How can anyone still judge a game by it's chat ? where have you all been the last 10 years of mmos ?

Every general chat in a rated M game is the same.

Tera players ...the ones actually questing and doing dungeons are just like every other player in other games because....they are those people.

The general population of mmos are all the same type of people. They're there to have fun and kill shit. It's only the social deviants that stand out in chat so....why are you still reading what they say ?

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I'm not sure how much you have leveled, nor am I flaming you in the least. I think after you get out of the starter zone the more "dedicated people" stick around. Most of this is because "oh yeah it's F2P and I don't like it too much so I'm going to troll!" Don't worry it gets better, community wise anyway, I promise. There will always be jerks, and trolls, but you can always find good people to play with.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Sinaku

I'm not sure how much you have leveled, nor am I flaming you in the least. I think after you get out of the starter zone the more "dedicated people" stick around. Most of this is because "oh yeah it's F2P and I don't like it too much so I'm going to troll!" Don't worry it gets better, community wise anyway, I promise. There will always be jerks, and trolls, but you can always find good people to play with.

this isnt really true man on the RP server the trolls are by far worse the high level players. Global chat is horrible , worse than rifts general chat and thats pretty bad. You will fill up your ignore features in Tera this game has a terrible community.

My advice to anyone who is easily offended turn off global and use your ignore feature because this game is probably the worst out there for community but its a decent game if you can get past the people playing it. Is still a lot of good people playing it but it just seems to draw out the kiddo crowd.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Seems like you will enjoy TERA incredibly when you find the "[x] Global Chat" in your chat options window and disable it. I do this by default in every mmo I play.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    My first impression of this game is probably tainted by the fact that I get disconnected every 2-3mins.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Don't worry about /global chat. Most Tera players disabled it on their client because of all the "wow first mmo" and "i am so desperate for a woman" spam. You'll meet lots of friendly people as soon as you passed along the copy and paste trolls.

LFG!
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by eHug

Don't worry about /global chat. Most Tera players disabled it on their client because of all the "wow first mmo" and "i am so desperate for a woman" spam. You'll meet lots of friendly people as soon as you passed along the copy and paste trolls.

You forgot... 'elin are the master race'

But yeah, most TERA players do not have global on, at all.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    So this isn't just me? Been really enjoying the game over the last few days, rolled on the new English server Eu side yesterday and really couldn't belive what I was reading. I thought Age Of Conan's Fury server was bad in the old days, by comparison those guys where shinning pillars of humanity.  From what I have been able to deduce so far, Tera is filled with Total bigoted primate skum bags. Made me ashamed to be English. Needless to say as recomended I turned off global, now the game is much better.
  • NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

You will never experience the true force of Tera till you max lvl a loli

The community is whatever u make it to be. Shitheads can be found anywhere, though they are easier to spot in tera as they came with the Frogster-frustration (the great depression).

Originally posted by Nacario

The community is whatever u make it to be. Shitheads can be found anywhere, though they are easier to spot in tera as they came with the Frogster-frustration (the great depression).

Let me just get this clear, can I ask you if you are saying it's fine to behave to like a racist bigot  from out of the 1950's or accept racist behavior becasue your pisssed of with Frogster? Becasue that's what you just wrote sounded like to me?

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Thanks for sharing your imense wisdom.

/sarcasmoff

Now step out of your house and realise this is the world you live in. Your neighbour who you think is a well mannered human being with a lovely family may very well be that internet racist shit talking ganker who you hate so much.

Next time you're in another game keep your eyes opened and you'll soon realise this is internet specific, NOT game specific.

Unless ofc you slagg on  TERA with a certain agenda in mind?

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by StarI

/sarcasmoff

Now step out of your house and realise this is the world you live in. Your neighbour who you think is a well mannered human being with a lovely family may very well be that internet racist shit talking ganker who you hate so much.

Next time you're in another game keep your eyes opened and you'll soon realise this is internet specific, NOT game specific.

I agree with this statement, without the passive/agressive speech. The internet offers immunity to frustrated kids and not-so-kids to be a bigot and feel like they matter to someone, even if its to instill negative feelings, for a short period of time. It is the base of trolling.

People that are not racist bigots will act like it just to get one second of your attention. It's sad, but it's how it is. And I see it in every mmo. Just do as adviced - global chat off. And enjoy the game, there's much to enjoy in TERA, with awesome people to do it with.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer
    ()

()

I agree with this statement, without the passive/agressive speech. The internet offers immunity to frustrated kids and not-so-kids to be a bigot and feel like they matter to someone, even if its to instill negative feelings, for a short period of time. It is the base of trolling.

()

This is exactly what I mean with the quote under my username.

/sarcasmoff

Not The op. Don't have an agenda. What I am saying is that I have played almost every game on the games list here and I have seen nothing like I saw in the global chat yesterday of this game. Nobody was reacting to it, it was the staus quo. I saw Turks and Poles beeing called the n&*as of Europe and Sub-human just for typing in their native language trying to find a guild that spoke their language and that was one of the ligher things. I reported them, so did the freinds I was playing with, and yet hours later there they where still doing the same thing.  My point is I for one live in a very multi cultural city, as many of us must do. Here there is racial tension all the time, some parts of the city I can't go to without having the s$%t kicked out of me yadda yadda yadda. If I wanted to witness the stuff I saw in global chat yesterday, I could just walk out my front door. Mmorpg's should be about escapisim and getting away from all this crap and about working together with your fellow gamers to have fun regardless of gender/race/colour whatever. We are all gamers. Any game that condones the kind of behavior and when I say condone I mean do nothing about or ignore or accept to me is a p.o.s game regardless of how much fun it is to play or the quality. I want no part of a game like that. Not ever.  Sorry about the rant but I needed to get that off my chest, has really pissed me off.

• codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The chat was terrible indeed, that's why you should close the global chat, ignore all trolls, wow bs and etc.
    But don't hate the community just because the global chat sucks, I used to play TERA and almost every ppl I met there were nice people, well this also depends on the server I guess. Also, if you get griefed, just change the channel and problem solved. Though the griefing part is also kinda weird to me, I never saw griefing during my gameplay, well I guess you had a bad luck with people or the game has grown to worse.
  • jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

I made exactly the same comments when I recently tried out the F2P.

They need to get on top of the chat in F2P games. No barrier to entry = anonymous = asshole magnet.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by spookydom

Let me just get this clear, can I ask you if you are saying it's fine to behave to like a racist bigot  from out of the 1950's or accept racist behavior becasue your pisssed of with Frogster? Becasue that's what you just wrote sounded like to me?

Was I quoting you? Is there any place in that post where I mentioned your name? I said shitheads can be found anywhere. You find them in SWTOR, WoW, Rift, Tera and so on. Being a shithead can mean many things, but I was merely pointing out Frogster's past treatment of their community, and lack of will to stop those who stepped to far (like on tera forums in the past). This has given growth to a certain community.

Now when that is said, where in my original post did I say it was fine to act like a shithead? Not to mention where did I say I was pissed off at Frogster? I was merely stating my observations.  If I were to make an assumption of you I'd say you assume to much.

Originally posted by spookydom

Was I quoting you? Is there any place in that post where I mentioned your name? I said shitheads can be found anywhere. You find them in SWTOR, WoW, Rift, Tera and so on. Being a shithead can mean many things, but I was merely pointing out Frogster's past treatment of their community, and lack of will to stop those who stepped to far (like on tera forums in the past). This has given growth to a certain community.

Now when that is said, where in my original post did I say it was fine to act like a shithead? Not to mention where did I say I was pissed off at Frogster? I was merely stating my observations.  If I were to make an assumption of you I'd say you assume to much.

Point taken, your right and I appologise. Surprised myself with how much my short time in the game has got to me and that comment was directed poorly.  Sorry dude. :)

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Just turn off GAME WIDE GLOBAL CHAT, the people actually playing the game instead of the chat channels are generally friendly and helpful.

When you've got thousands of people online and a global chat all of them can use, who do you think of those few thousand people are going to use it the most? The asshole, either enjoy it for what it is or turn it off.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by jacklo

I made exactly the same comments when I recently tried out the F2P.

They need to get on top of the chat in F2P games. No barrier to entry = anonymous = asshole magnet.

It's not a F2P problem, the chat was a terribad when the game still was P2P. It's more a problem with some exceptionally boring mindless trolls that found their home in Tera.

LFG!