Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moat exciting news of 2013 so far CU

emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
Cant wait for March Kickstarter launch, finally an RvR focused mmo.

Comments

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I for one will be their day 1, can feel the artifact in me hands all ready :).
  • synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    I can't wait to get more infor as its released about the progress of this game. I definitely plan on checking out the kickstarter for this in march.
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by WarWitch

Please do not put artifacts in this game,

PLEASE DO NOT PUT ARTIFACTS IN THIS GAME!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Rider071
    Originally posted by WarWitch

Please do not put artifacts in this game,

PLEASE DO NOT PUT ARTIFACTS IN THIS GAME!

Give me back my cloudsong :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    I was expecting news about a moat.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• MasitaMasita Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by xSyngex

(mod edit)

No one is forced to play it. Some will be happy if they can or at least see how it will develop.

Originally posted by paulytheb

It's exciting news, they have water and everything :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

it certainly is good news..

2013/2014 looks like its going to be good years for PVP and sandbox mmos... hopefully we will get some that do well and we will start to see less and less WOW themepark clones..

I am hoping these next few years are a turning point for the mmo industry.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by paulytheb

It's exciting news, they have water and everything :)

I seriously thought there was gonna be screenies of Moated combat.

Lolipops !

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    From what's known, this looks like it will be an interesting game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by emota

Not to be a downer but there was a RvR focused game released a few months ago (GW2) and another releasing at the end of the year (ESO).  GW2 is getting a major WvW revamped next month which should put it squarely inline with the visions of DAoC.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    EQNEXT and Warmachine adding a new faction is better and bigger news for me.
  • IntrinsicIntrinsic Member UncommonPosts: 60

@ The Artifact/ToA comments:

Erm no, ToA is what caused 60%+ of DAoC players to leave, no one wanted to have to PvE to be competitive in PvP.

I'll leave you with this awesome ToA section on Amazon:

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Not to be a downer but there was a RvR focused game released a few months ago (GW2) and another releasing at the end of the year (ESO).  GW2 is getting a major WvW revamped next month which should put it squarely inline with the visions of DAoC.

Other than the instanced rvr in GW2 the game was pretty boring.. well at least for me.. plus the queues for the rvr was just silly. Also there was no real meaning in the RVR battles you didnt get to keep the territory or anything it was just the same fights over and over.. so was fun for a bit but nothing special.

OF course im not saying this will be any better as we have no realy info about the game yet, tho i do like what the guy is saying about it in his interviews.

• xSyngexxSyngex Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Intrinsic

Erm no, ToA is what caused 60%+ of DAoC players to leave, no one wanted to have to PvE to be competitive in PvP.

AHH no I Liked ToA... BUT Mythics complete disreguard fot what it did the the game did..

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I play GW2 daily, and 80% of my time in WvW, but it does not compare to a persistent world thats fought over weekly monthly and longer, GW2 resets every week, and so far (yes its coming sometime later) does not have WvW progression to show any worht as to what your Server is doing or on a personal level.

If the RvR for CU is anything remotely close to DAoC then it will ebb and flow between the three realms and not just contingent on the weekly reset.

As it stands, GW2 WvW is fun, but it lacks the persistence and the Pride in my faction i am fighting for.

Lolipops !

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The RvR in GW2 is too instanced and if they"re full you can't get in, you have to wait in a que (what's fun about sitting in a que to get to play a feature of the game that was touted as a big part of the game?), and their culling is horrible (when I last played that is, which was at release). It needs the revamp but they still will have it instanced. It wasn't done well at all. There's absolutely no sort of realm pride, it's just mindless zerging about, no real goals.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Tayah

The RvR in GW2 is too instanced and if they"re full you can't get in, you have to wait in a que (what's fun about sitting in a que to get to play a feature of the game that was touted as a big part of the game?), and their culling is horrible (when I last played that is, which was at release). It needs the revamp but they still will have it instanced. It wasn't done well at all. There's absolutely no sort of realm pride, it's just mindless zerging about, no real goals.

So lets bring in a Uninsta game world that is small and pvp based

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    I'm not cutting down another RvR MMO GW2 was fun in beta, I can't speak for release, but i'm interested to see what mark can do with this. He has my support and money. love those indies.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

Originally posted by NC-John
    I'm not cutting down another RvR MMO GW2 was fun in beta, I can't speak for release, but i'm interested to see what mark can do with this. He has my support and money. love those indies.

Have fun with that..

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I agree there was a rvr focussed mmo released a few months back

Planetside 2

Gw2 doesn't feel like rvr to me, its too gamey. It's fun at first, but there's no longevity to it because it lacks rivalry due to no names and constantly swapping the servers around. Also far too much rez spam.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by NC-John

Have fun with that..

For someone who seems to hate the idea of this game, you sure hang around the forum quite a bit. Why don't you just give it a rest already? Some of us are excited for this game, and we don't need your negative input. This game won't be for everyone, and that's completely fine. 

Originally posted by Intrinsic

AHH no I Liked ToA... BUT Mythics complete disreguard fot what it did the the game did..

Indeed, Intrinsic is only half right im afraid, anyone who played DAoC from beta through till ToA will tell you the game was getting stale and player numbers were dwindling already. A lot of players used ToA as an excuse to quit, many of which had already left the game.

New Frontiers had an equally profound effect on the pvp crowd. The "rot" as it is often referred too in DAoC began with SI introuducing Spellcrafting which introduced the min/maxers and rendered almost all the high end areas of the classic world irrelevant. PvE players were getting bored rapidly long before ToA and most DAoC players were PvE players who did pvp occasionally first and formost. The hardcore pvpers were always in the minority.

ToA heightened the greed factor in the game, players who had seemed pleasant and true allies in the realm conflict rapidly revealed their true selves, greed, camping artifacts, stealing artifacts was just another nail the coffin. This was the main problem with ToA and it began with the min/maxers of SI.....greed and grief of their realm-mates.

• gregoryvggregoryvg Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Caldrin

it certainly is good news..

2013/2014 looks like its going to be good years for PVP and sandbox mmos... hopefully we will get some that do well and we will start to see less and less WOW themepark clones..

I am hoping these next few years are a turning point for the mmo industry.

Seriously, I am so dissapointed in the direction MMO's went.  Instead of exciting new directions, giving us new worlds to explore, live and fight in; we got mindless games that had no depth but shiny graphics and friendly enough for even the most casual player to max out level in a month or less.  Blah, no flavor.  I truly hope games like Camelot Unchained and Pathfinder Online are the 2nd coming of MMO's. 

• cd3925cd3925 Member Posts: 29

How can you say this when ArenaNet has not released what the "pushed back" WvWvW update is going to have? Im looking forward to that update also but expect to be disapointed.

If  CU is like DAoC rvr with a bit of Darkfell sprinkled in, this is going to blow GW2 battle ground style wvw away- IMO.