Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is completely unplayable at high resolutions.

2»

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Panthien

Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by eyelolled

See post #12, wherr I clearly indicated my last eye exam was 5 months ago. BTW, the fonts on your screen shot are too tiny as well. But.. if I get out of my chair and walk up to 2-3 feet away, I can at least read what they say, but they still *feel* tiny. I haven't sat closer than 5 feet from my monitor since 1997 though.

"Game is completely unplayable at high resolutions"  has devolved into "I need to get my eyes checked"  ? 

Again, see post #12. Read the whole post.

So the game is perfectly playeble on max settings, so yes your rant and tittle are both missleading and unacalled for.

Your gripe is the standard font size, which ironic enough is the very same font size as.. WoW, Rift and SwToR on this setting.. to name a few. The text in cutscenes is significant larger then in chat windows, so are the quest popup windows which.. enlarge by getting closer to it or even adjusting your camera distance to your character.

The achievent/lore page is the same size as chat. the AP/SP window has larger font sizes.

Now.. books and comics use smaller font sizes then TSW does as well.

Seems to me you are just pulling straws to rage about FC/TSW to me.

Edit : just realised having 2 identical monitors next to eachother.. The mmorpg.com forums use the exact same font size on 1920 x 1080 resolution.

SWTOR, Rift, and WoW can all be changed to 18 point fonts or higher without hacking the files. MMORPG.com opens up in my 200% zoomed browser by default. The one place where the options are lacking is TSW, and/or a lot of games released before 2007 or so. So, yeah... one of these things is not like the others :-/

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    i had no issues at 1080p..
  • ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    SWTOR, Rift, and WoW can all be changed to 18 point fonts or higher without hacking the files. MMORPG.com opens up in my 200% zoomed browser by default. The one place where the options are lacking is TSW, and/or a lot of games released before 2007 or so. So, yeah... one of these things is not like the others :-/

Regardless if the game is less user friendly than SWTOR, RIft or WoW, the problem can be solved and there is a guide for it. To claim the game is 'unplayable' by you and thousands of other users is just.. well.. plain stupid. What it boils down seems to be that you feel you are entitled to game settings that are not included in the game and you're too lazy to read, and follow, the guide on the forums to solve your problem.

Obviously others have solved this problem and so can you; so why are you whining about it and claiming things that are just plain false?

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Panthien
    Originally posted by eyelolled

See post #12, wherr I clearly indicated my last eye exam was 5 months ago. BTW, the fonts on your screen shot are too tiny as well. But.. if I get out of my chair and walk up to 2-3 feet away, I can at least read what they say, but they still *feel* tiny. I haven't sat closer than 5 feet from my monitor since 1997 though.

"Game is completely unplayable at high resolutions"  has devolved into "I need to get my eyes checked"  ? 

Again, see post #12. Read the whole post.

So the game is perfectly playeble on max settings, so yes your rant and tittle are both missleading and unacalled for.

Your gripe is the standard font size, which ironic enough is the very same font size as.. WoW, Rift and SwToR on this setting.. to name a few. The text in cutscenes is significant larger then in chat windows, so are the quest popup windows which.. enlarge by getting closer to it or even adjusting your camera distance to your character.

The achievent/lore page is the same size as chat. the AP/SP window has larger font sizes.

Now.. books and comics use smaller font sizes then TSW does as well.

Seems to me you are just pulling straws to rage about FC/TSW to me.

Edit : just realised having 2 identical monitors next to eachother.. The mmorpg.com forums use the exact same font size on 1920 x 1080 resolution.

and you can set TSW to large fonts with just 2 mouse clicks.

The UI takes 3 clicks.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

You can make the fonts bigger, though I always had trouble with the health bar font for some reason - the rest were okay.

Rift has this problem - I can't see shit at 1920x1080 due to 8 point fonts on a 47" monitor.