Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving Away A Beta Key

I have one beta key to give away. The key is good for one weekend, but I'm not sure which one; the emails didn't say.  I have decided to have a mini contest for the beta key. Unless otherwise noted, all questions are based on AD&D 1.0 rules. All answers to these questions are based upon my best answers for these questions. The first person to correctly answer all (or the most) questions to my satisfaction will win the beta key. Flaming posts will result in disqualification. Friday at 12am EST is the deadline. If in a rare case there is a tie, I'm flipping a coin.

Based on AD&D 1.0 canon, is Eilistraee dead?

What is a THAC0's?

What was Eilistraee's first weapon?

What type of creatures control the movement of Lolth's mobile fortress?

What was Lolth's original name and title? 

What is the most common race of Elf in Faerûn?

What is/are the spell component(s) for the sleep spell?

Is Drizzt in Lolth's favor? (This is rather a subjective question; you will receive credit for this if you can defend your answer properly).

Comments

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

no

What is a THAC0's?
    To Hit Armor Class Zero

The Moonsword (bastard sword)

I'm not sure about this one.. Couldn't find any fixed info on it.

Araushnee and title Demon Queen of Spiders/The Spider Queen

Wood Elf

pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket

Is Drizzt in Lolth's favor? (This is rather a subjective question; you will receive credit for this if you can defend your answer properly).

I would say no. Even though I havent read the book(s). Because he lied about killing and elf child on a raid he missed out on. That and he goes on to curse his family and the evil drow ways.

[/b][/quote]

I cant say I got them all. Finding some of the answers was extremly hard / impossible to find without some books.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I would have gotten THAC0 correct, that's about it.

but I wanted to say..

Kudos for some of the best questions regarding D+D I have seen in a long while, nice work!

I was a DM for many a year, but my players kept us in Ravenloft, DarkSun and Planescape for most of that time. I never got to bone up on the Forgotten Realms as much as I wanted to...the last time we were remotely close was visiting Baba Yaga's hut, which is a grey area at best.

but if you ever give a quiz about Strahd, I'm in!

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

-No, she was not killed on her own plane thus should only have been wounded and/or banished back to her home plan rather than actually killed.

What is a THAC0's?

-To Hit Armor Class 0

-silver bastard sword called The Moonsword

-Her iron spider shaped fortress is said to have a will of it's own if not controlled by the will of Lloth herself.

-Araushnee, Elven Goddess of Destiny

-Moon Elves

-A pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket

-I can't say he is as he not only went against everything the Drow loyal to Lloth stand for but even went as far as to turn against his fellow drow, slaying other Drow who were devout followers of Lloth working in her favor to make his escape from Menzoberranzan as well as the multiple times they came to the surface to attempt to hunt him down. In addition his entire House Do'Urden fell out of favor and was ordered completely destroyed by Lloth herself. He also trained on the path of the Ranger under Montolio which also goes against everything Lloth stands for.

• wodnywodny Member UncommonPosts: 21

According to this canon, creatures can be killed only on a plane that is their own. That is why she is alive. WOTC just wanted to get rid of her for some reasons. Lisa Smedman also created some loopholes that could be used to bring Eilistraee back. It's up to WOTC whether she will come back or not.

What is a THAC0's?

To Hit Armor Class Zero - player uses it in order to calculate whether attack is succesful or not. Melee classes have the best THAC0 and classes that use spells have the worst THAC0.

It was +5 bastard sword - The Moonsword.

This fortress moves under her will.

Araushnee, the Elven Goddess of Fate and Destiny

Wood elves

A pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket.

I think that Drizzt is in Lolth's favor. She adores chaos and Drizzt is often portrayed as a living chaos. Wherever he goes people die, there is blood and suffering. Drizzt is still alive after many bad things he has done, so I guess maybe Lolth protects him somehow because she enjoys how he wreaks havoc. She often sends her minions after him to check their worthiness, but she know that they will fail. Lolth has no influence on Drizzt, but that doesn't mean he chouldn't be in her favor. He did many things that worked against her like saving an Elven child, but he also did many things she considered helpful. Somehow Drizzt seems to be one of her chosen ones although he doesn't know it. It's like having someone who accidently helps you a lot.

Oops, I guess I posted it too late. :(

• LadyAraushneeLadyAraushnee Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Rider071
    Kudos for some of the best questions regarding D+D I have seen in a long while, nice work! 

Thanks! Part of the questions my husband came up with.

Originally posted by wodny

Oops, I guess I posted it too late. :(

Nope, there is still 6 hours left. 

I purposely picked some questions that would be hard to find correct information on the internet. You would have had to read several book series.

Update:

I will pm the winner. I don't want to risk a fight over technicality because it was a close call. All but one question was derived from novels or source material. If you got your answers via the internet, some information on the internet does not match what has been officially published.

Since all of you got one question wrong, I will give the correct answer to that. Eilistraee's first weapon was not actually a bastard sword. If you know the story or read Evermeet Island of Elves, you would know Eilistraee first used a bow. Araushnee altered the course of an arrow shot by Eilistraee which hit Corellon. Eilistraee gave up the bow as a result and vowed to never use it again. She then took up the sword.  

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Congrats to whoever won :) Was some very hard questions in there.