Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drakensang..your thoughts.

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Bought the game drakensang..not to be confused with the online game..i was kind of wondering your thoughts on the game..i decided to take the plunge after a couple of you tube vids and recomendations.i have been told that it is similar to dragon  age..some say its better.just a few words would be nice to describe this game..most of the vids have been in german although i came across a few english ones..ty in advance for your thoughts.

p.s with the game i got river of time add on and phileasons secret..all for £13.40

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    A traditional WRPG with a robust character development system. Not as flashy and high-budget as BioWare games, of course.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    have to say i,m totally gobsmacked at how good this game is.to me it has a lot more depth than Dragon Age.the amount of classes is excellent..atm i,m playing a sapper.although the combat is a lot slower the depth more than makes up for this.took me ages to figure most of the stuff out.absolute bargain for drakensang(the original) and the followup game drakensang .river of time.£13.40 off amazon..talk about replayability.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Both games were a lot of fun, I almost gave up on it when I first bought it as I couldn't figure out the ruleset and didn't know at the time Steam kept .pdf manuals for most games in the games directory. image

I wasn't expecting much given how little publicity the series seems to have, but yea it was one of the better squad based rpg's i've enjoyed.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    A traditional WRPG with a robust character development system. Not as flashy and high-budget as BioWare games, of course.

And yet wayyy better

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63
    drakensang is a reall cool game
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I would say that the Drakensang -series of PC RPGs have been very good! The ruleset, the mechanics and all that is almost perfect, even though it lacks the polish of a big western RPG producer (see: dialog, voice acting and certain animations.)

But! I personally couldn't play those Drakensang games as far as I would've liked. The constant micro-managing (what is usually not a problem, I'm a big fan of Baldur's Gate, IWD and so on..) in Drakensang wore me down. It felt more like a job than fun.

However! I can warmly suggest that second Drakensang game to anyone! The River of Time. I am also looking forward to the upcoming Drakensang RPG, bound to be out this year: Demonicon.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63
    Your right but I honestly don't think of it as a job but more of a get together with friends because what I mostly do is talk, but then agen that's just