Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so watching the stream..

Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
The game actually looks pretty fun! I thought it wouldnt since i see alot of negative stuff from people about this game.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
^MMORPG.com

Comments

• slon4oslon4o Member Posts: 1
    It was cool :) funny but low lvl content. Btw how to Follow ?
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by slon4o
    It was cool :) funny but low lvl content. Btw how to Follow ?

Honestly im not sure how or what to follow xD

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Seemed nice, Ill  keep an eye out for beta key!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Punk999
    The game actually looks pretty fun! I thought it wouldnt since i see alot of negative stuff from people about this game.

Sorry to say but you should never judge a game by negative responses.  Most have an agenda and seeing this site is notorious for hating themeparks and gushing over sandbox's then it should be obvious.  I follow and hype games based on known systems and mechanics thta are displayed by developers at various events like cons and press releases.  I would never as an individual trust someones personal views.  Thats like trusting me to say whether you should play a game like ArcgeAge, which I think is absolute crap.  But to someone who is into that style of game then my views are wrong.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

Sorry to say but you should never judge a game by negative responses.  Most have an agenda and seeing this site is notorious for hating themeparks and gushing over sandbox's then it should be obvious.  I follow and hype games based on known systems and mechanics thta are displayed by developers at various events like cons and press releases.  I would never as an individual trust someones personal views.  Thats like trusting me to say whether you should play a game like ArcgeAge, which I think is absolute crap.  But to someone who is into that style of game then my views are wrong.

You're beyond right my friend! I really shouldnt let others opinions affect what i find fun etc.

^MMORPG.com

• jadiusmaxjadiusmax Member UncommonPosts: 31

You're beyond right my friend! I really shouldnt let others opinions affect what i find fun etc.

That's his opinion...you did it again.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by jadiusmax

Nice try, but what Azz said isn't an opinion.  It's good advice to judge for yourself.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Yeah game is looking very promising and my excitement for it has returned.  Little things like the stats after the boss fights and how they talked about there being more loot if you find all the secretes in a dungeon seem very cool.  Game also looks very polished.  Toward the end when he hit the L key to bring up the "event schedule" I was thinking, "This looks like something that would be patched in to a game six months after launch."
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Latronus

Nice try, but what Azz said isn't an opinion.  It's good advice to judge for yourself.

It would be if that guy hadn't already shelled out $200 on a game he realisitically knows little about. Thus he is trying to prove he's investment is sound by praising features the devs have talked about and calling anyone else who has doubts,'haters', or, 'sandbox' fans.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

hmm... I missed it. Did they stream any foundry content? Any foundry missions?

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by gillrmn

hmm... I missed it. Did they stream any foundry content? Any foundry missions?

Watching it now Gill.  So far it does look fun!

Link: http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/364703290

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by Omnifish
    Originally posted by Latronus

It would be if that guy hadn't already shelled out $200 on a game he realisitically knows little about. Thus he is trying to prove he's investment is sound by praising features the devs have talked about and calling anyone else who has doubts,'haters', or, 'sandbox' fans.

But you see my advice is true.  I dont want him or anyone else to take my praise of the game to be motivationa to play, just as much as I dont want him to look at hate as a reason not to play.

I choose to pay for the $200 founders package because NWO offers me the things I desire about the game.  Plus $200 is not a big deal to my wallet.  When you have a good job and a solid placein life like me it means little to me.  It doesnt mean im without apprehension but the things I know is what I want.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    stream looked pretty good.. will wait till i get into beta myself on the second weekend to make my judgements but looking forward to it:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    I like what i see on the stream so far, if nothing else the fact that this game takes place in Faerun is enough to keep me interested.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Should note the Client is up on the NW site. Looks to be around 3.4gb download.

Edit: Have the friend key from the Founders pack if anyone needs a key. I'll give it to the first person that messages me about it. Edit2:Key given out already.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Really enjoyed watching the stream. Was nice to see it in action. In D&D I am always a wizard, would have been nice to see one beeing played but plenty of time for that I guess. Liked what I saw and looking forward to it.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I guess I was watching a different stream because what I was watching didnt look that great or fun. What exactly is the main attraction to this game? I already will not be playing it because its a F2P game, but after watching some of the stream it just doesnt look that great at all. When I think of D&D back when I used to play it with dice pencil and paper I never imagined it to be whatever this is supposed to be.
    Originally posted by Fearum
    I guess I was watching a different stream because what I was watching didnt look that great or fun. What exactly is the main attraction to this game? I already will not be playing it because its a F2P game, but after watching some of the stream it just doesnt look that great at all. When I think of D&D back when I used to play it with dice pencil and paper I never imagined it to be whatever this is supposed to be.

What does it being F2P matter?? Also this game seems much better than DDO so i am impressed so far.

^MMORPG.com

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

The D&D ruleset you use to play with isn't the one this game is based on.

Yea sorta but not really. See i thought this game would be pure utter shit just from how PWE is so horrible, to a bunch of other dumb stuff... atleast that's what people say on this forum! So that is what i expected from the stream today, instead now im really interested in the game.

^MMORPG.com

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

What does it being F2P matter?? Also this game seems much better than DDO so i am impressed so far.

I don't like F2P model games and will not support them, also never said anything about DDO because I never played that either.

I don't like F2P model games and will not support them, also never said anything about DDO because I never played that either.

That's understandable.

Yea never said you did say that, you talked about pen and paper. For me it was DDO was just throwin that out there for kicks.

^MMORPG.com

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I just love mmos with action-packed combat, and this will be one of those. Sure the F2P model makes people remain a little skeptical, but I've absolutely loved TERA, and keep loving it after it's gone F2P, so I can't see how Neverwinter will be any diferent.

It has all the ingredients to be a great product, and if the Foundry gets half popular, it can be an endless source of content. We'll see, I guess, but it's looking good so far.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Can't wait till the 8th!!!!

Lets see first there is the D&D aspect of the game.  It defenitly had that whole dark gritty D&D vibe going on.  Then there is the combat, fast paced and fun as hell to watch.  I can only imagine actually playing it.  Last but not least there is the neverending stream of content from the User Generated Content system.  The main sticking point that most every MMO has faced for the last 7-9 years has been on lack of endgame content.  The Foundry rectifys this in a big way.  Imagine never running out of dungeon material to delve into.  Thats what gets me so excited and is the reason why I have quit every MMO since WoW.