Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile..true custom classes?

luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96

I just havent seen this really discussed much, and I cannot figure out why.

I started playing Path fo Exile...and I have to say, although not the HUGE open world we ALL play in at the same time....it has to be the most self made class MMO to date.

You can start as one of  6 classes, but all that does it choose your start point on the passives tree.  Their system is just incredible.  The tree system is ONLY passives.  So you may start as an archer, but you can climb your way over to the marauder side of the tree within a few levels and make your archer a str based 2h mace weilding tank, with your starting archer dexterity.

You also choose all of your skill, your skills are gems that you socket into your gear.  So you can choose what your passive focus is, and what your skills are.  You arent bound to a system by what you chose as your starting class.

Then, to add to that, there are support gems that go so in depth I didnt even expect it.  For example, there is a support gem that forks your ranged skills.  So for example, if I socket a support "Fork" for my Fireball skill, I will now cast 3 fireballs in a fork when I cast it. But this goes so much more in depth. My friend socketed "Fork" into his raise dead skill.  Now whenever he raises dead from fallen foes who are range, they now shoot forks.............talk about making it fit anywhere we want.

I have just been waiting for a game that really lets the player make their own class.  Most games have tried, but still follow a linear path chosen from your starting class, with a few choices to make.

Is anyone else blown away by the customization in making a class do whatever you want it to in this game?

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Yeah ive noticed you can generally push your character in any direction you want. however if you are intending to do that, Plan your entire route Right as you get to the first city. one small screw up can seriously cost you time and Respec tokens.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Path of Exile has great customization. The character you design is truly yours. I also really like the difficulty level as you get further into the game. Path of Exile could use more animations and skins.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Have been loving PoE, you can make anything you want pretty much. My tanky/aura duelist is beast. This game gives you true freedom, I wish MMO's had the kind of freedom this game does with classes, but I can see the balancing nightmare :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.