Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your concerns about TESO?

123457»

Comments

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305

Faction lock - and I am a PvP player, could care less about PvE in most games.

Even a cheesey game like WoW allows one to walk into the opposing faction areas at their own risk.

It is a simple mechanic, and it is common sense, mega server or not. Allowing the players who are being intruded upon to choose if they want to engage, or not, allows the PvE players to just ignore them and remain unattackable.

Note: I am intersted in PvE in TESO.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by k11keeper
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Originally posted by ikarrian

My concerns are... The "Haters" if they whine enough, like they usually do. It can cause Zenimax to make bad descision and cause more harm then good to the game.

But I hope it doesnt get to that.

You have a good point.Hopefully Matt Firor will hold true to his initial vision for the game...despite the incessant whining from some.

One mans "incessant whining" is another man's heartfelt criticism.

Or more likely entitlement complex, given the current demographics... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by dumpcat

Even a cheesey game like WoW allows one to walk into the opposing faction areas at their own risk.

It is a simple mechanic, and it is common sense, mega server or not. Allowing the players who are being intruded upon to choose if they want to engage, or not, allows the PvE players to just ignore them and remain unattackable.

Oh the horror, the HORROR!! That one would not be able to gank and grief all of the CareBears in a game... Is there no "justice" left in the universe?... ^^  It remains to be seen how TES is going to handle this. 

But if they take a page from NCsofts play book, and remain clue less about the difference between the Asian and Western markets, in terms of PvP/PvE, then I suspect what happened with Aion in the west will repeat itself.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Faction lock - and I am a PvP player, could care less about PvE in most games. Even a cheesey game like WoW allows one to walk into the opposing faction areas at their own risk. It is a simple mechanic, and it is common sense, mega server or not. Allowing the players who are being intruded upon to choose if they want to engage, or not, allows the PvE players to just ignore them and remain unattackable.   Note: I am intersted in PvE in TESO.

Oh the horror, the HORROR!! That one would not be able to gank and grief all of the CareBears in a game... Is there no "justice" left in the universe?... ^^  It remains to be seen how TES is going to handle this. 

But if they take a page from NCsofts play book, and remain clue less about the difference between the Asian and Western markets, in terms of PvP/PvE, then I suspect what happened with Aion in the west will repeat itself.

Haha! Hey I admit ganking is fun and exploring/questing with the danger of getting ganked adds to the fun as well. But if they want to apease those who hate it all they have to do is make it so that factions cannot be attacked in thier own area unless they engage the intruder. Plus NPCs can attack the intruder as well.

I just don't want all PvP confined to one zone like it is in GW2. I also hate when you can't explore the entire world or worlds, such as it is in SWTOR.
  • jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94

Um Zenimax is an american company, way to spout racial hatred

Originally posted by jayfeeler69

You might want to get that knee jerk checked... Its obstructing your reading... ^^  I said NCsoft... They are a KOREAN company, who have a demonstrated history of either being clueless about the differences between the Asian and Western markets, or not caring (I suspect a bit of both, from my experiences in Korea).

I's say the same thing about an American (Japananese, Russian, etc...) company, that didn't do its market research for any other market it was operating in.

You might want to get that knee jerk checked... Its obstructing your reading... ^^  I said NCsoft... They are a KOREAN company, who have a demonstrated history of either being clueless about the differences between the Asian and Western markets, or not caring (I suspect a bit of both, from my experiences in Korea).

I's say the same thing about an American (Japananese, Russian, etc...) company, that didn't do its market research for any other market it was operating in.

Your argument compares the two as if they are the same

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I kinda wish they would not go the classes route to be honest. It works in TSW, so its possible to not have classes in a MMORPG. That being said i dont think they should Copy TSW, since the feel's of the games are going to be different. I guess its mainly that at this point in time im sick of being locked into a specific catagory. I'd rather have Builds than classes.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Originally posted by Rayshe
    I kinda wish they would not go the classes route to be honest. It works in TSW, so its possible to not have classes in a MMORPG. That being said i dont think they should Copy TSW, since the feel's of the games are going to be different. I guess its mainly that at this point in time im sick of being locked into a specific catagory. I'd rather have Builds than classes.

TSW has classes, they just have duped the fanbois into thinking there isnt.

Your argument compares the two as if they are the same

My *statement* was about observed actions (history), and potential results in the future.  How that translates to "racial hatred" I leave as an exercise to the general non PC audience.

• PewpsockemzPewpsockemz Member Posts: 49

I'm concered with how the camera will work as it seems to be action based like the console games. I've always liked being able to pan the camera while running in one direction to watch behind me or to the sides. If its not first person, having the camera move where you are going to attack at all times will make it feel like a MOBA which isnt a bad thing but control over the camera has always been something I liked about MMOs. Another thing will be key mapping and auto run. I want to be able to strafe with the C and V keys and have auto-run/hold both mouse buttons as my move forward button (I use only my thumb for movement). And I really hope hitting esc doesnt stop auto-run I really hate that about gw2!

Edit: typos

• DalamarGMDalamarGM Member UncommonPosts: 12

I'm worried about the animations.

Right now they're very clunky and not really up to the standards of other MMO's