Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: In what setting do you want to play?

IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Just curious, since there are so many MMO´s set in a medivall age....

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012

I put "medievil". I usually lose interest in modern day or "futuristic" games.

Or better put, those I play I really have to dedicate myself to in order to finish them otherwise I lose interest.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I want a "good" Medieval mmo. I would love to see one that has the features of SWG.

I also wouldn't mind a wild west type mmo.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I only play mideval high fantasy.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

D&D, LoTR, Conan...its called swords and sorcery for that reason, RPGs are mostly based on it because of the early novels and board games are fantasy based time periods that are just like Medieval times.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I would like to see a medieval that is more historically based (non fantasy) sandbox.  Still holding out for a Mount & Blade mmo in a persistant world with player made factions, castles/cities and politics. Mmmm that would be nice.

Other than that a Mass Effect mmo would be awesome but as it is now, I wouldn't want EA or Bioware (in it's current state) handleing the IP. They would seriously F it up imo. 

• MediBlastMediBlast Member UncommonPosts: 36
    medieval setting definitely.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Medieval, but I prefer fantasy medieval as opposed to historical.

However, I also prefer it pure.  Let's skip the space aliens, motorcycles, and guns.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

Actually i would prefer a true medieval "low" Fantasy mmo.

All big AAA MMOs have steampunk and black powder / industrial (Handguns), that's not really medieval, and factors into the Renaissance / Industrial Age.

The only glowing stuff should be sparks when metal clashes metal.

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

There should be a choice for "Any."

I can play any setting, provided the title suits my tastes in gaming.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• llbadjokellllbadjokell Member Posts: 3
    anything would do .... too lame.....
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I chose Scifi but a Western setting would be nice as well. The real issue I have with Medieval/Fantasy settings is they have been pretty much beaten to death, resurected and beaten to death again dozens of times over the years. A good scifi or western setting would be a nice change. Scifi has been done a few times as well but there is a lot more that could be done with it. Medieval has been done and redone so many times there doesn't seem to be a lot left that some game somewhere hasn't already done to some degree.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

I think the industry lacks a good sci-fi MMO and has done for a while. Eve is not most people's cup of tea, though it is of course a sci-fi MMO.

What was the last attempt at a sci-fi MMO even? Star Trek Online I guess? Buh at that game.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Gonna have to go with medieval, sci fi doesn't really hold me, and modern day just seems silly. I'd rather go outside in the modern day.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Medieval Low Fantasy for me
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Anythings fine with me, I would like to see more primitive/tribal settings though, like Ryzom. Or just something completely alien like Chronicles of Spellborn.