Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We all can't like the same game

1235»

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by winter

Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Torgrim

You can bash GW2 howmuch you like I really don't care if you have legit reasons for not liking it.

But many basher here simply just lie about things just for lolz.

Oh boy.  Ok, I think this is all going above your head.

He's right about this part... a lot of the anti-GW2 bashing has the appearance of someone bashing the game with no actual working knowledge of the game. A lot of simple, obvious things... people calling it a WoW-clone (being one of the least testy), those claiming combat is a "mash off cooldown", etc. It would be different if people were posting criticisms of things that were actually in the game or if they demonstrated at least a base understanding of how the game plays.

All the other titles out there have the same thing happen to them.

I do love playing the victim role sometimes but gosh, some communities elevate into an art form.

But to bash over and over and over - I just don't get it  People who bash like that have a lot invested in the bashing - I don't get why.  What do they get if they are proven right? The smug satisfaction? Proven wrong, well, they just keep repeating the same nonsense as if they keep saying it, then it has to be true.

I agree with Torgrim and Volkon.

Let me post a quote and ask you a question?

If this game is the new AAA standard im all done with the genre.

This game is not made for 18+ or 16+ it's frikkin made for 10 year olds and StarWars fanatics.

I dont really need to make cons and pros beacuse what's the point really, no MMO manage to dig such a casual/childish game grave so deep it's not even possible to make a calculated guess what they thought.

wtf was in Bioware/EA minds when they made this.

This game should be a prim example how NOT to make a so called AAA MMO.

Now does this really appear to be critisism of a game based on  working knowledge of the game or does it appear more like the average bash anyone whose never actually played the game could make. You know like the GW2 bashing that happens that you hate so much. No actual reason just statements of opinion which may or may not be true but which are stated as fact. granted he didn't state any lies but thenhe didn't state any fats or reasons either just as far as i can see opinions.

Yes this was a post Torgrim made (You know the guy you say you agree with) and in his defense let me say (A) the post was from some years ago, so maybe he's a bit wiser now, and (B) yes several times we all get frustrated (everyone myself included) and make statements we later regret, or at least see as less level headed then we would have liked.

Point being if your gonna condem people for posting such bashes against GW2 then also acknowledge that its not right for it to happen to other games as well. No ones exactly innocent here, and GW2 is no more persecuted then any other game. (many of which it seems are being bashed by the same GW2 fans that say its wrong for GW2 to be bashed in such a fashion) The old saying don't throw stone when you live in a house of glass come to mind.

For what its worth my apologies to Torgrim if it appears i've been picking on him. Just a caase of him trying to make a positive thread but his past post history coming back to haunt him. Probably could have happened to many of us here. To those how have never posted a bash without some kinda of reasoning and facts to back it up my hats off to you. While this is a interesting thread its probably reach its limite of usefullness. People do have dual standards when it comes to things they like and don't like probably willnever change

My choice of words might have been bad when I wrote that ( I think i was drunk at that time), But  I was looking foward to the game and I did play the game.

If I would have made a proper review writing basicly the same thing with better word choice I doubt this would have been posted here.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• bulldog1963bulldog1963 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Bossalinie

Those games required a second life to be good at the economy aspect. RPG or not, it's still digital entertainment. I think some are trying to lose themselves inside  the game. Made sense 15 years ago when we were young and dumb...

Didn't take that much time in SWG as an example, log in, check a harvestor, retrieve stock from manufacturing locations, set a macro,walk away. Log off when you wake up (if need be).  I spent no more time in that game than I do today, I had no more free time in 03 than I do now. I'd say it's easier to play casually in that type of game, considering you set your own goals.

I hardly call setting up a bot do automated gameplay while you sleep as "play."  Play generally entails interaction with the game and, perhaps, a competitor(s).  Watching a computer play itself in a game of chess is not YOU playing.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

You can bash GW2 howmuch you like I really don't care if you have legit reasons for not liking it.

He's right about this part... a lot of the anti-GW2 bashing has the appearance of someone bashing the game with no actual working knowledge of the game. A lot of simple, obvious things... people calling it a WoW-clone (being one of the least testy), those claiming combat is a "mash off cooldown", etc. It would be different if people were posting criticisms of things that were actually in the game or if they demonstrated at least a base understanding of how the game plays.

I do love playing the victim role sometimes but gosh, some communities elevate into an art form.

But to bash over and over and over - I just don't get it  People who bash like that have a lot invested in the bashing - I don't get why.  What do they get if they are proven right? The smug satisfaction? Proven wrong, well, they just keep repeating the same nonsense as if they keep saying it, then it has to be true.

This game is not made for 18+ or 16+ it's frikkin made for 10 year olds and StarWars fanatics.

I dont really need to make cons and pros beacuse what's the point really, no MMO manage to dig such a casual/childish game grave so deep it's not even possible to make a calculated guess what they thought.

Now does this really appear to be critisism of a game based on  working knowledge of the game or does it appear more like the average bash anyone whose never actually played the game could make. You know like the GW2 bashing that happens that you hate so much. No actual reason just statements of opinion which may or may not be true but which are stated as fact. granted he didn't state any lies but thenhe didn't state any fats or reasons either just as far as i can see opinions.

Yes this was a post Torgrim made (You know the guy you say you agree with) and in his defense let me say (A) the post was from some years ago, so maybe he's a bit wiser now, and (B) yes several times we all get frustrated (everyone myself included) and make statements we later regret, or at least see as less level headed then we would have liked.

Point being if your gonna condem people for posting such bashes against GW2 then also acknowledge that its not right for it to happen to other games as well. No ones exactly innocent here, and GW2 is no more persecuted then any other game. (many of which it seems are being bashed by the same GW2 fans that say its wrong for GW2 to be bashed in such a fashion) The old saying don't throw stone when you live in a house of glass come to mind.

For what its worth my apologies to Torgrim if it appears i've been picking on him. Just a caase of him trying to make a positive thread but his past post history coming back to haunt him. Probably could have happened to many of us here. To those how have never posted a bash without some kinda of reasoning and facts to back it up my hats off to you. While this is a interesting thread its probably reach its limite of usefullness. People do have dual standards when it comes to things they like and don't like probably willnever change

My choice of words might have been bad when I wrote that ( I think i was drunk at that time), But  I was looking foward to the game and I did play the game.

If I would have made a proper review writing basicly the same thing with better word choice I doubt this would have been posted here.

Now you see what many are getting at, my previous post was a little flippant but the point was acknowledging your own misdemeanors in life will help you understand other peoples ones and thus you'll be more the wiser for it. Also if someone bashes a game with clear inaccuracies or outright lies either correct them and leave it at that or in extreme cases ignore them and remember the old adage "don't feed the trolls"but many seem to think they need to shout down any criticism however outrageous it maybe, they need to learn some self control, this is one of the reasons GW2 fans get a bad rap around the interwebz.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Now you see what many are getting at, my previous post was a little flippant but the point was acknowledging your own misdemeanors in life will help you understand other peoples ones and thus you'll be more the wiser for it. Also if someone bashes a game with clear inaccuracies or outright lies either correct them and leave it at that or in extreme cases ignore them and remember the old adage "don't feed the trolls"but many seem to think they need to shout down any criticism however outrageous it maybe, they need to learn some self control, this is one of the reasons  ALL fans  of any game get a bad rap around the interwebz.

Had to fix that.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

In response to the title, rather than the OP;

I think there is an option for us all to rally around a single title, and so I'm working on designing it right now. I don't want to let too much out this early, but suffice it to say that it's going to be a sci-fi fantasy based in the real world. It will be a classless game where everyone can choose to be a wizard, barbarian, priest, starship captain, commando, pirate, ninja, home economics teacher, rogue, rouge, paladin or bowl of potato salad.  It will have a multitude of different races to choose from such as humans and humans with body hair. (If my kickstarter comes through, I might add humans with facial hair)  The game will support OWPvP with full loot in a completely non-controntational way. It will be a hybrid between sandbox and themepark  by not having elements of either.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

SNIP!

Now you see what many are getting at, my previous post was a little flippant but the point was acknowledging your own misdemeanors in life will help you understand other peoples ones and thus you'll be more the wiser for it. Also if someone bashes a game with clear inaccuracies or outright lies either correct them and leave it at that or in extreme cases ignore them and remember the old adage "don't feed the trolls"but many seem to think they need to shout down any criticism however outrageous it maybe, they need to learn some self control, this is one of the reasons  ALL fans  of any game get a bad rap around the interwebz.

Had to fix that.

Thanks for proving my point you will learn in time.Gw2 and I would extend that to GW fans have proven time and again that they think they are cut from a different cloth to other gamers, so you have your so called fixing of my post, this thread and countless others on this and other forums.  

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.