Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Help: New Player: Banned for Unknown Reason after 2 Days of Playing [RESOLVED]

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Shadoed
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by ElectricWizard

something similar happened to 3 of my guildmates... they were grouped up in Frostgorge Sound... just doin stuff while waiting for that loot pinata Jormag and Arenanet's fucked up bot detection crap flagged them for botting... actually flagged the entire zone accidentally haha. so like 50 players got banned for zero reason.

1 week later my guildees got a email from Arenanet basically saying: "wooopsie, hehe. our bad. SOWWWWY come back and play our bland fluff game plzzzzz and spend $$$ in our cash shop pllzzzz". they were livid. and rightfully so. Atleast Arenanet could have given them 50gems or something for their inconvienence.. but no, theyre not the classy kind.

can assure you this.. that bad taste lingers and bad karma (see what i did there?) spreads. my guildees have vowed never to spend another dime on gw2. well, actually we're all waiting on ESO beta invites to save us from the boredom ;). sucks when you play MMOs habitually hehe.

good luck OP. hope it turns out better for you than for us.

It's things like that which show a severe negative bias that tend to lead be to call BS on the entire post. This gives the strong impression of someone making crap up to attack the game for whatever personal reason.

You pick one line out of an entire post and point at that being negative when the whole post is there to explain that they screwed up banning people for no reason and admitted to it!?! Does it not then follow that there is a small possibility that they could have screwed up in this case as well? I am not saying they did, all i am saying is that if it has happened before, it could happen again and a post like this on any other forum would just be considered that of a raging fanboi trying to defend the indefensible, but i would never stoop so low as to suggest that.

The other thing that seems to be missed by a lot of posters here is that they guy isn't entirely disputing the ban, he is just trying to find a legitimate avenue to be able to get to the reason and find out if he will get his account back but is being blocked at every turn from doing so, so instead will have to go outside of what would be considered normal avenues for any other game to try and get an explanation which has to be considered pretty poor on the customer service front which ever way you look at it.

Yes. It only takes one slip to show your true nature or intent.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

OH GOODIE, SOMEONE ELSE IS FLAMING GW2

This has truly never been

done before.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149
    The problem is you were playing for no reason..lol..gotta have a reason to play!
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Seriously, you will defend Anet on that line?

Have been in WoW myself since launch and the first couple of years were painful with exploits and gold sellers, but it is nothing like that these days and the last experience i had like this was a guild mate having his account hacked and exploited. We reported the exploit as we weren't getting answers from him in chat (and we knew he was away), the account was locked by a GM and when our guildie got back and contacted Blizzard he had his account re-opened and all of his gear back within two hours and our vault items given to our guild leader a couple of hours after that, that is the big difference.

Not that i knock F2P, but i have been watching these forums on GW2 since before launch and the customer service there just seems terrible to say the least and is one marked reason why i have stayed away from the game so far.

Sooooo, you never played the game, never even experienced anything about the game yet you feel you should write something.

Kudos

If i were basing my playing on your logic i would never play another MMO ever. And i do have 10+ years of MMO experience (vastly in P2P MMOs) to know what they actually do (or what they dont do to be more accurate).

Just to mention that your lovely Blizzard emloyees thought of nice little way to earn a bit of buck on the side by selling account info of accounts that havent been used in a while to gold sellers.

Theres a saying about stones and glass houses.

Enjoy.

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Rytz

Greetings:

I know this is not an official support forum but I have no other place to go.  See below.

I have plenty of MMO experience and this has to be the most retarded and frustrating experience I've ever encountered in an MMO so far, save for maybe SWG launch back in the day.  Even my indie MMO experiences were never this bad.

I bought the GuildWars2 Digital Deluxe edition 2 days ago from the official site and played the last couple days pretty straight.  Level 19 Sylvari Ranger on Sorrow.  Talked to maybe 5-10 people tops (mostly trying to find some areas on the map).  Did a lot of exploring mostly during that time (mainly in the grove).  My character's name is not obscene or anything sketch.  Single-word name.

After a break (and working to pay the bills), I came back home tonight to jump on and get an error window saying that my account has been terminated for a bunch of obscure reasons (see image attached) that gives me no insight to the actual reason why.

Now, I wasn't super upset or anything yet, just shocked.  Stuff happens right?  Maybe hacked or wrongly accused. Off to the support site I went to submit a support ticket.

Can't log in with my account to the support site - says my account is disabled.  WTH?

So the $80 game account that I paid for 2 days ago is banned / terminated for no specific reason and I can't even log in to the support site to submit a ticket?  The only thing I can do is log in to the account section, which does absolutely nothing for my situation.  Can't access the official forums either.  Now what?

I'm able to create a new support account so I can at least submit a ticket to ArenaNet.  I fill out the ticket and submit it.  Get the confirmation email.  Come back a few hours later...

Can't log in to my new support account to check the status - disabled.

Are you f'ing kidding me?  Is this a conspiracy or something?

I was able to submit a 2nd support ticket without registering but it seems like they are just deleting my tickets or something.  Somehow ArenaNet hates me and I've only played their game for 2 days!  If this keeps up and I can't get in touch with anyone I feel like I'm going to have to get a refund and all that time I've already spent is wasted.

I can honestly say that there is nothing that I can think of that I did during these past 2 days of playing that would be considered bad in any way, shape, or form.

--------------------

I'm looking for any help that anyone can give me.  I have both incident support numbers which I will provide below.  I'm posting this on another popular GW2 forum site because I can't use any of the official avenues to get support.  If I could get on the official forums I could ask a mod / red name.

Here's my support tickets:

[Incident: 130206-000289]
    [Incident: 130206-000775]
    Account Unique Name: Rytz.1836

If anyone can pass this info along to a mod on the official forum or some kind of official support staff, I would greatly appreciate it.  Please PM me with any info.

Thanks in advance.  It's almost 4am and gotta be up in 3.5 hours.  I'll check back later tomorrow.

[I guess the image didn't originally attach - sorry about that]

Who cares about these stupid games! Go out and get laid! You will forget all about these shitty mmos.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by mikahr

Seriously, you will defend Anet on that line?

Have been in WoW myself since launch and the first couple of years were painful with exploits and gold sellers, but it is nothing like that these days and the last experience i had like this was a guild mate having his account hacked and exploited. We reported the exploit as we weren't getting answers from him in chat (and we knew he was away), the account was locked by a GM and when our guildie got back and contacted Blizzard he had his account re-opened and all of his gear back within two hours and our vault items given to our guild leader a couple of hours after that, that is the big difference.

Not that i knock F2P, but i have been watching these forums on GW2 since before launch and the customer service there just seems terrible to say the least and is one marked reason why i have stayed away from the game so far.

Sooooo, you never played the game, never even experienced anything about the game yet you feel you should write something.

Kudos

If i were basing my playing on your logic i would never play another MMO ever. And i do have 10+ years of MMO experience (vastly in P2P MMOs) to know what they actually do (or what they dont do to be more accurate).

Just to mention that your lovely Blizzard emloyees thought of nice little way to earn a bit of buck on the side by selling account info of accounts that havent been used in a while to gold sellers.

Theres a saying about stones and glass houses.

Enjoy.

I have never jumped off a skyscraper without a parachute either, but from the information i gather it is a pretty bad thing. Saw a guy on TV the other night explaining what King Richard III was like, but i am guessing that he never met him and don't even get me started about all those people that babble on about the kindly guy who made all those loaves and fishes.

It may shock you to find that you can actually gather a pretty good concencus these days from reading, listening, looking and generally opening your eyes and ears....does it make me an expert, well no, but then i never claimed to be i was just pointing out that you were defending poor customer service based on a falsehood about another game makers product. 

You are right that i have never played the game, but as i said i have been reading the forums from before release as i was interested in buying the game but due to the mass of negatve posts and stories of poor customer service (not just here BTW) i decided that not unlike jumping from that building it may not be such a good idea for me.

I am also assuming that after the puritanical rant about me, you also have solid evidence to back up the claims about Blizzard employees selling accounts?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Greetings:

I know this is not an official support forum but I have no other place to go.  See below.

I have plenty of MMO experience and this has to be the most retarded and frustrating experience I've ever encountered in an MMO so far, save for maybe SWG launch back in the day.  Even my indie MMO experiences were never this bad.

I bought the GuildWars2 Digital Deluxe edition 2 days ago from the official site and played the last couple days pretty straight.  Level 19 Sylvari Ranger on Sorrow.  Talked to maybe 5-10 people tops (mostly trying to find some areas on the map).  Did a lot of exploring mostly during that time (mainly in the grove).  My character's name is not obscene or anything sketch.  Single-word name.

After a break (and working to pay the bills), I came back home tonight to jump on and get an error window saying that my account has been terminated for a bunch of obscure reasons (see image attached) that gives me no insight to the actual reason why.

Now, I wasn't super upset or anything yet, just shocked.  Stuff happens right?  Maybe hacked or wrongly accused. Off to the support site I went to submit a support ticket.

Can't log in with my account to the support site - says my account is disabled.  WTH?

So the $80 game account that I paid for 2 days ago is banned / terminated for no specific reason and I can't even log in to the support site to submit a ticket?  The only thing I can do is log in to the account section, which does absolutely nothing for my situation.  Can't access the official forums either.  Now what?

I'm able to create a new support account so I can at least submit a ticket to ArenaNet.  I fill out the ticket and submit it.  Get the confirmation email.  Come back a few hours later...

Can't log in to my new support account to check the status - disabled.

Are you f'ing kidding me?  Is this a conspiracy or something?

I was able to submit a 2nd support ticket without registering but it seems like they are just deleting my tickets or something.  Somehow ArenaNet hates me and I've only played their game for 2 days!  If this keeps up and I can't get in touch with anyone I feel like I'm going to have to get a refund and all that time I've already spent is wasted.

I can honestly say that there is nothing that I can think of that I did during these past 2 days of playing that would be considered bad in any way, shape, or form.

--------------------

I'm looking for any help that anyone can give me.  I have both incident support numbers which I will provide below.  I'm posting this on another popular GW2 forum site because I can't use any of the official avenues to get support.  If I could get on the official forums I could ask a mod / red name.

Here's my support tickets:

[Incident: 130206-000289]
    [Incident: 130206-000775]
    Account Unique Name: Rytz.1836

If anyone can pass this info along to a mod on the official forum or some kind of official support staff, I would greatly appreciate it.  Please PM me with any info.

Thanks in advance.  It's almost 4am and gotta be up in 3.5 hours.  I'll check back later tomorrow.

[I guess the image didn't originally attach - sorry about that]

Rytz, this begs the question... what was your character's name?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

something similar happened to 3 of my guildmates... they were grouped up in Frostgorge Sound... just doin stuff while waiting for that loot pinata Jormag and Arenanet's fucked up bot detection crap flagged them for botting... actually flagged the entire zone accidentally haha. so like 50 players got banned for zero reason.

1 week later my guildees got a email from Arenanet basically saying: "wooopsie, hehe. our bad. SOWWWWY come back and play our bland fluff game plzzzzz and spend $$$ in our cash shop pllzzzz". they were livid. and rightfully so. Atleast Arenanet could have given them 50gems or something for their inconvienence.. but no, theyre not the classy kind.

can assure you this.. that bad taste lingers and bad karma (see what i did there?) spreads. my guildees have vowed never to spend another dime on gw2. well, actually we're all waiting on ESO beta invites to save us from the boredom ;). sucks when you play MMOs habitually hehe.

It's things like that which show a severe negative bias that tend to lead be to call BS on the entire post. This gives the strong impression of someone making crap up to attack the game for whatever personal reason.

You pick one line out of an entire post and point at that being negative when the whole post is there to explain that they screwed up banning people for no reason and admitted to it!?! Does it not then follow that there is a small possibility that they could have screwed up in this case as well? I am not saying they did, all i am saying is that if it has happened before, it could happen again and a post like this on any other forum would just be considered that of a raging fanboi trying to defend the indefensible, but i would never stoop so low as to suggest that.

The other thing that seems to be missed by a lot of posters here is that they guy isn't entirely disputing the ban, he is just trying to find a legitimate avenue to be able to get to the reason and find out if he will get his account back but is being blocked at every turn from doing so, so instead will have to go outside of what would be considered normal avenues for any other game to try and get an explanation which has to be considered pretty poor on the customer service front which ever way you look at it.

WOW, GW2 fans are just too much. They now see everything as a conspiracy to destroy thier beloved game... smh...

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

WOW, GW2 fans are just too much. They now see everything as a conspiracy to destroy thier beloved game... smh...

heh yeah man and all the ususal regulars are here to minue one or two of them accusing the OP of lying and having to prove himself with more screenshots etc. Sometimes I really want to just delete my account here because these same guys here go unmoderated daily .

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

My GW1 account was banned last year without giving a reason to me.

To unban it, i had to send the GM

- a picture fom my box

- a picture from my codecard

- a copy of my passport

- a copy of my creditcard

- a report on what exacly has happend

- a reason why i think my account should be unbanned

- ... i forgot the rest, there was more

There is good games that i simple refuse to play because of the shitty company behind.

Would Anet have handled my concern properly, i would own GW2 this day.

Now, ill never own a game anymore were Anet is involved.

So it is with Gala/gPot or that Face of Mankind people or whoever failed to handle my online being with the needed responsibility.

Im not throwing valuable livetime into a project anymore, that could fell on my back after too mutch time.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

I am honestly not surprised by the OP's post.

Just the other day someone had their account name (not in-game nick) changed because they 'might' have posted on the forums and someone 'might' have seen it and 'might' been offended by it.

Puritanical levels of moderation are never good.

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

I choose to agree with both sides here for a few reasons. Yes the OP knows what he did wrong or was hacked, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Yes it's just another MMO, a good one, give it that, but still just an ordinary run of the mill, nothing ground breaking can't stop playing it game.

What does crack me up is everyone going on and on about this game or that game, everyone has their opinion, we can share them and  talk about them but to start saying your opinion is better than the next guy, or better than mine is just dumb. We are all gamers, we all come to this site for many reason, but one common one.... we like to game.

Agree to disagree, the OP needs to either provide the screens of the mulitple reasons his account was banned for any of us to provide any kind of constructive feedback or like others have suggested he is full of (*&@, and mad because he got caught or was hacked. One way is an easy fix the other...well, not so much.

I am not here to troll or to flame up the thread or myself as you can see I have been here for a long time, and post very seldom, but I happend to like the game, and hate ANet, but the game has some great graphics and well... thats what I like about the games I play.

Till then, enjoy whatever game you're playing!

• RytzRytz Member Posts: 46

I was never botting or hacking and never bought items, gear, or money from 3rd party sellers.  There is actually a different termination message that you will get for that type of infraction (I've seen it from searching for banned support solutions).

Character's name on Sorrow was/is "Rhytz", which doesn't seem offensive or obscene in any way.  I can't imagine that being the issue.

GW2 support accounts can be separate from main game accounts, so you can create a support account without having a GW2 game account (stranglely enough).  I had to do this to submit my first ticket.  My second support ticket was without being logged into any account (don't need an account to submit a ticket).

In regards to purchase issues, I see the transaction listed in my bank statement:

CHARGE.NCSOFT.COM ###### 79.99

I would think they would have notified me by email or something if there was a billing problem.  There shouldn't be though.

Last resort is to get a refund, which sucks cause I like the game.  Hopefully I don't have to resort to calling their dev office.  I'm not beyond it though.

... and to the person that said I need to quit playing games and get laid, I get mine.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by rawfox

- a picture fom my box

- a copy of my passport

There is good games that i simple refuse to play because of the shitty company behind.

So it is with Gala/gPot or that Face of Mankind people or whoever failed to handle my online being with the needed responsibility.

Im not throwing valuable livetime into a project anymore, that could fell on my back after too mutch time.

That was NCSoft - not A.Net please get it straight. A.Net separated the NCSoft accounts from the A.Net acoounts when GW2 was in Beta. SO don't balem A.Net for what NCSoft did. Also - there is no way they would ask for a Passport picture - [mod edit]  I had a ban on my account too - I had to give the key number, my email, my address, names of my characters and I got my account back.[mod edit]  

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

Nobody posting here can destroy any game, all are just nerds who spend way too much time on gaming forums (this includes me). So you can dismiss the conspiracy theory, in the grand scheme of things, we are all... nothing important, even though some like to think they are. Some seem to think that just because they dislike a game, the game is doomed - and they just can't let it go, they need to convince everyone else they are right, so they go on a crusade against . Pathetic is my word for those people, and pity my feeling... if they have nothing better to do in their life than bashing video games day after day, instead of eventually play games they actually enjoy, they only deserve pity because they are pathetic beings with what must be very boring life if it leaves them so much time to post crap on forums about they dislike so much.

It can't be denied though that a lot of posters write utter nonsense, misinformation and lies in order to still try to discredit a game (not only this game, same is true on other game's MMORPG.com forums), and that their intent is often made obvious by just one or two sentences of their post.

Personally i think you are missing the point of both the Op's thread and some of the posts within as i have read back again just to double check, but no-one has said that it is a bad game, or tried to drag the game down, the whole point is the poor customer service backing the game up, or not as the case may be.

The OP wants an explanation for his ban and whether he will get his account back which i think most would say is pretty reasonable? For some strange reason some take that as an attack on the game as a whole, why?

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

Then it most likely was you account name...

Character's name on Sorrow was/is "Rhytz", which doesn't seem offensive or obscene in any way.  I can't imagine that being the issue.

GW2 support accounts can be separate from main game accounts, so you can create a support account without having a GW2 game account (stranglely enough).  I had to do this to submit my first ticket.  My second support ticket was without being logged into any account (don't need an account to submit a ticket).

In regards to purchase issues, I see the transaction listed in my bank statement:

I would think they would have notified me by email or something if there was a billing problem.  There shouldn't be though.

Last resort is to get a refund, which sucks cause I like the game.  Hopefully I don't have to resort to calling their dev office.  I'm not beyond it though.

... and to the person that said I need to quit playing games and get laid, I get mine.

You know to solve a lot of the issues here... just post the screens of the reasons the account was banned.... its super easy to do... need one of us to walk you through it?

It is your name - read the naming rules. From A.Net

We do not permit names that:

• Have offensive racial, ethnic, or national connotations.
    • Include hate speech or bigoted slurs
    • Reference sexual acts or real life violence.
    • Are pornographic.
    • Make inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions.
    • Reference illegal drugs or activities.
    • Reference religious or historical figures.
    • Reference real-life people.
    • Reference names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials, or products.
    • Use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules.
    Your name is a misspelling of Ritz - as in cracker and that is a trademarked name. If you didn't know that then plead ignorance and ask to rename your character. DONE

Originally posted by botrytis

- a picture fom my box

- a copy of my passport

That was NCSoft - not A.Net please get it straight. A.Net separated the NCSoft accounts from the A.Net acoounts when GW2 was in Beta. SO don't balem A.Net for what NCSoft did. Also - there is no way they would ask for a Passport picture - SORRY THAT IS BULLSHIT ON YOUR PART. I had a ban on my account too - I had to give the key number, my email, my address, names of my characters and I got my account back. Sorry what you posted is BULLSHIT!! No company worth it's salt would not ask for a passport picture and credit card - I call you on it.

Same went for me.... took me about 30 minutes on the phone and account was active before I hung up.

Your name is a misspelling of Ritz - as in cracker and that is a trademarked name. If you didn't know that then plead ignorance and ask to rename your character. DONE

Or a different spelling of 'Rights' or 'Rites' depending on prenunciation or just a name he uses for himself in a number of circumstances, that is a pretty large stretch to say the least!

It is your name - read the naming rules. From A.Net

We do not permit names that:

• Have offensive racial, ethnic, or national connotations.
    • Include hate speech or bigoted slurs
    • Reference sexual acts or real life violence.
    • Are pornographic.
    • Make inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions.
    • Reference illegal drugs or activities.
    • Reference religious or historical figures.
    • Reference real-life people.
    • Reference names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials, or products.
    • Use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules.

+1 nice job!

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Tredo

- a picture fom my box

- a copy of my passport

That was NCSoft - not A.Net please get it straight. A.Net separated the NCSoft accounts from the A.Net acoounts when GW2 was in Beta. SO don't balem A.Net for what NCSoft did. Also - there is no way they would ask for a Passport picture - SORRY THAT IS BULLSHIT ON YOUR PART. I had a ban on my account too - I had to give the key number, my email, my address, names of my characters and I got my account back. Sorry what you posted is BULLSHIT!! No company worth it's salt would not ask for a passport picture and credit card - I call you on it.

Same went for me.... took me about 30 minutes on the phone and account was active before I hung up.

mhm .. ok

so its obviously complete other people with a complete different attitude there then ?

edit: ah ya, the character names it was, he wanted to know the char names.

and sorry too, it is not BS, it really happend ^^

• RytzRytz Member Posts: 46

That's a bit of a stretch, considering the spelling alterations.  The name is actually French.  It has nothing to do with crackers.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

I am honestly not surprised by the OP's post.

Just the other day someone had their account name (not in-game nick) changed because they 'might' have posted on the forums and someone 'might' have seen it and 'might' been offended by it.

Puritanical levels of moderation are never good.

People using racial slurrs in every other sentence also think the rest of the world are "puritans". That doesn't make what they say any more right for the law.

So your little diatribe means nothing unless you give us a precise information, like what that name really was. Until then, it's only you using an imaginary situation in order to try to validate your opinion.

diatribe

a bitter or violent criticism or attack; denunciation

N/A

Anyway, the account name was ChentallyMallengedXXXX

Originally posted by Tredo

- a picture fom my box

- a copy of my passport

mhm .. ok

so its obviously complete other people with a complete different attitude there then ?

My account was banned 2 yrs ago from GW1 - it was a mistake - but I had to go through the hoops to unlock it - no pictures just the number on the key code card, the names of my characters, my email and my password. They never asked me for any PASSPORT, CREDIT CARD, or anything like that and they said they never would. What is so hard to understand about that? That is what I am calling bullshit