Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF new MMO world to explore

CelerionCelerion Member Posts: 30

Anyone have any recommendations for any great FTP MMOs where exploring the area is a big component?   Looking for a game with a well designed world that players can explore and without an excessive level grind, while a little grind is almost inevidable in leveling.    Looking for a FTP, PC MMO that has the great world for exploring.  Good character customization never hurts either.

Any suggestions?

Celerion
Contact me on Twitter @IAMCelerion and chat.

Comments

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

While there is no mmorpg that is only for explorers, I do recommend:

- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (Huge world!)

- Everquest 2 (Also huge!)

- Guild Wars 2 (Also huge, but more into exploration than the two others!)

Both games are great and you will have to pay at some point in those games. To be honest, you can't get a mmorpg for free. That's the hard truth! But if you want to spend some money on a single player game, that is very explorable, I would advice:

- Miasmata (very cheap and good indie game on Steam)

"Miasmata is a game of survival, exploration and discovery. Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island.

Exploration is a key component to Miasmata, so the player will need to make full use of a map and compass to navigate across the island. One can use landmarks, such as ruins and statues, to triangulate one's location and construct a map of Eden's landscape."

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

At the current state of games, one can only suggest, to go outside and throw stones into the river.

You win if you hit a fish.

• samueltimmsamueltimm Member Posts: 1
    great
  • CelerionCelerion Member Posts: 30

If a game is really great, GW2, EQ2 from what I hear, I am not against Pay 2 Play games where a disc is bought to play.  A free downloadable trial would be great thou.    Its the difference between making a one time investment in a fun game, vs feeling committed to a game because of a subscription.

More than willing to spend money to buy the disk for a good game, ie Fable.  While Fable may not be an MMO, if talking about unique characters, the characters change depending on your actions.

Celerion
    Contact me on Twitter @IAMCelerion and chat.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    RIFT will be free to play with sub/upgrade(if you buy/bought the disks you get some account upgrades too) soon.
  • moomoo1234moomoo1234 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I suggest trying Aion, it's slightly WoW clone, but I haven't had this much fun playing an MMORPG for a long time... it's even more fun than GW2 imo. I like how in-depth the fighting is (well as an assassin at least) You really have to be on your toes and have fluid timing to deal damage. It's not just "mash button that makes the biggest number pop up" you have to actually do combos and time your skills right after your auto attacks to weave them together.