Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We all can't like the same game

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

No Torgrim please keep posting this is gold standard stuff you can't get everyday. (The level of hypocrisy, self denial/delusion)

Basically what started as a people shouldn't bash other games just because they aren't their cup of tea thread, you know different games for different play styles, live and let live etc. has become. Its ok to bash/trash other games if in your OPINION its a bad game. Total gold i tell you.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by winter

No Torgrim please keep posting this is gold standard stuff you can't get everyday. (The level of hypocrisy, self denial/delusion)

Basically what started as a people shouldn't bash other games just because they aren't their cup of tea thread, you know different games for different play styles, live and let live etc. has become. Its ok to bash/trash other games if in your OPINION its a bad game. Total gold i tell you.

You run the risk of being labeled a troll by this site, like I did, for disparaging remarks about their precious Guild Wars 2.  

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    The Original post still applies though even though the original poster has done what ever he has done. Please go search my post history =)
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Torgrim

You can bash GW2 howmuch you like I really don't care if you have legit reasons for not liking it.

But many basher here simply just lie about things just for lolz.

Oh boy.  Ok, I think this is all going above your head.

He's right about this part... a lot of the anti-GW2 bashing has the appearance of someone bashing the game with no actual working knowledge of the game. A lot of simple, obvious things... people calling it a WoW-clone (being one of the least testy), those claiming combat is a "mash off cooldown", etc. It would be different if people were posting criticisms of things that were actually in the game or if they demonstrated at least a base understanding of how the game plays.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Volkon

You can bash GW2 howmuch you like I really don't care if you have legit reasons for not liking it.

He's right about this part... a lot of the anti-GW2 bashing has the appearance of someone bashing the game with no actual working knowledge of the game. A lot of simple, obvious things... people calling it a WoW-clone (being one of the least testy), those claiming combat is a "mash off cooldown", etc. It would be different if people were posting criticisms of things that were actually in the game or if they demonstrated at least a base understanding of how the game plays.

I agree,  But this isn't anything new.  People have always commented on things they have absolutely no knowledge about.

I remember back in college, Oliver Stone and some of the cast members of his film at the time (think it was Nixon) did an open Q&A.  One of the students made a comment on how politcally-sided his film was.  Stone looked at the guy and asked

"Did you even see the movie?"

"No."

"Then how can you comment on it? Go see the f*cking film!"

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Sigh!

Well English is not my native language and it seems after all these pages I can't make myself understood what my OP was intended to.

I try again.

Yes I have bashed games before and my reasons were stated for it and I didn't lie like some basher here do to make a point or raddle the cage.

My OP was intended for those who write their reasons for not liking the game and telling the truth what they didn't like, many have wrote what they felt like in good manner but got shot down anyway by fanbois this was my intent to write this and say It's ok not to like it for that reason.

Then there are haters/basher to post lies like some people have sead that you get all your skills at lvl 5, or there is no exploration everything is marked on the map or It's a WoW clone or every classes is exactly the same, ect.

When I bashed TOR I had legit reasons you can just read from that guy who did a post history on me and read it and if TOR is not what I wrote back then then ok I'll apology for it and my use of words.

But I guess this respons will get twisted around anyway so why bother.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

All the other titles out there have the same thing happen to them.

I do love playing the victim role sometimes but gosh, some communities elevate into an art form.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Sigh!

Well English is not my native language and it seems after all these pages I can't make myself understood what my OP was intended to.

I try again.

Yes I have bashed games before and my reasons were stated for it and I didn't lie like some basher here do to make a point or raddle the cage.

My OP was intended for those who write their reasons for not liking the game and telling the truth what they didn't like, many have wrote what they felt like in good manner but got shot down anyway by fanbois this was my intent to write this and say It's ok not to like it for that reason.

Then there are haters/basher to post lies like some people have sead that you get all your skills at lvl 5, or there is no exploration everything is marked on the map or It's a WoW clone or every classes is exactly the same, ect.

When I bashed TOR I had legit reasons you can just read from that guy who did a post history on me and read it and if TOR is not what I wrote back then then ok I'll apology for it and my use of words.

Some people confuse opinions with facts.  People who simply bash (and even lie about) a game are a blight on forums.  These same people get warnings and bans feign innocence or say "just giving my opinion" when all they were doing was slandering.  If someone doesn't like the art, combat, structured pvp, crafting, or whatever - there is nothing wrong with that.  Howver, they should be prepared to discuss WHY they feel that way instead of simply stating it as fact.  It's the people who just spout out slanderous disinformation in a blatant attempt to skew the undecided against a game - that's the problem.  It's frustrating to see countless forum posts filled with opinion disguised as facts just for the single purpose of hurting a game's reputaiton.  If you go by what's posted here, you'd think that WoW was the single worst MMO ever created when reality simply doesn't bear this out.  Anyone who's seen the movie "Idiocracy" will recognize this type of logic in the courtroom scene where the man is explaining his case but nobody will listen because they are just making fun of the way he talks.  The court didn't care if he was right, they just all wanted to look cool.  It's funny because it happens more than we realize.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by NBlitz

I do love playing the victim role sometimes but gosh, some communities elevate into an art form.

So... it's OK if people are lying about the game and have no actual working knowledge of the game because, well, it happens in other games too? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

But to bash over and over and over - I just don't get it  People who bash like that have a lot invested in the bashing - I don't get why.  What do they get if they are proven right? The smug satisfaction? Proven wrong, well, they just keep repeating the same nonsense as if they keep saying it, then it has to be true.

I agree with Torgrim and Volkon.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by botrytis

But to bash over and over and over - I just don't get it  People who bash like that have a lot invested in the bashing - I don't get why.  What do they get if they are proven right? The smug satisfaction? Proven wrong, well, they just keep repeating the same nonsense as if they keep saying it, then it has to be true.

When they aren't given any attention they disappear.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

Well when have each other to pat them selves on theback they never leave

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Why would you play GW2 when Tera is much funner?
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    Why would you play GW2 when Tera is much funner?

This is fact. No opinion here.

I joke, I joke.

Nah, I only disappear when I'm in game.

Although... sometimes I'll make a couple clones then disappear. However I've also been known to make a clone while disappeared as well. Of course... I could make a clone, a phantasm, disappear, make another clone, reappear, blow up the clones, make another one and disappear again. OR... I could make a clone, pretend to disappear by imitating a second clone, dodge to create an actual second clone then disappear... 

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by elitero

Well when have each other to pat them selves on theback they never leave

Get a room you two... this is getting disturbing.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by angzt

actuallly....

anyone around who does NOT like tetris?

just checkin :)

I hate it,

But I like the music.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

Sigh!

I try again.

Some people confuse opinions with facts.  People who simply bash (and even lie about) a game are a blight on forums.  These same people get warnings and bans feign innocence or say "just giving my opinion" when all they were doing was slandering.  If someone doesn't like the art, combat, structured pvp, crafting, or whatever - there is nothing wrong with that.  Howver, they should be prepared to discuss WHY they feel that way instead of simply stating it as fact.  It's the people who just spout out slanderous disinformation in a blatant attempt to skew the undecided against a game - that's the problem.  It's frustrating to see countless forum posts filled with opinion disguised as facts just for the single purpose of hurting a game's reputaiton.  If you go by what's posted here, you'd think that WoW was the single worst MMO ever created when reality simply doesn't bear this out.  Anyone who's seen the movie "Idiocracy" will recognize this type of logic in the courtroom scene where the man is explaining his case but nobody will listen because they are just making fun of the way he talks.  The court didn't care if he was right, they just all wanted to look cool.  It's funny because it happens more than we realize.

Very true not only do they state disinformation, but some haters actually know the information is not correct but because they hate the game they are going to agree regardless.

There was a good example of that on the thread about what game you hate because of the fans.

Also am I the only one who is seeing hyporcites(Not everyone though) point out Torgrim about being a hyporcite. Which is why I find it moot but I could be wrong, if I am I don't mind, maybe it's good to inform him though.

Honestly what he said applies to all games, you can check my record if must but it's why I don't fuck with other game forums that don't pertain to my needs, like a lot of haters of many games (SWTOR,TERA, WOW, GW2, and etc) swear on their lives that they don't like said game but will return in a few weeks and state their bullshit again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, and a fucking gain.

Some times I be like "Shut the fuck up and live life, your game is supposely out, why do you give two shits about this game?"  

Then for those that don't have a game but swear they don't care about said game, bullshit all the time, it's funny to cause it they act as id the shit will stick, if one really doesn't like the game why must one remind every single forum user almost daily at the very least weekly that he doesn't like the game.

Lol don't let me get started on those fake ass posters who [act] like they concerned for a game that not too long ago they where posting their dislike for it or dis intrest in it lmfao.

Now the irony is I say this like the shit I say may one day stick, which might not happen, but eh I'll bite the bullet for expressing my two cents on this thread since it's in the game forum of the game I digg, and yes the OP should also take that advice IMO, as he did bash SWTOR, though those exposing him do the same exact shit too hahahaha. 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Sigh!

I try again.

Very true.

Yeah it is true but only when you are in defense of your precious MMO. I wonder where all this reasonable thinking and prudence nature disappears when same people who are on soap box right now were busy bashing other MMOS on this website. (and oh boy some of you have been really busy ripping every other MMO apart before GW2 release).

If you bothered to read OP you would notice that people are not denying the message given by OP but from whom it is coming from. No body likes double standards and hypocricy.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Sigh!

I try again.

Very true.

Yeah it is true but only when you are in defense of your precious MMO. I wonder where all this reasonable thinking and prudence nature disappears when same people who are on soap box right now were busy bashing other MMOS on this website. (and oh boy some of you have been really busy ripping every other MMO apart before GW2 release).

If you bothered to read OP you would notice that people are not denying the message given by OP but from whom it is coming from. No body likes double standards and hypocricy.

Oh hell yea you right, I had hit enter way too soon. Read the edited part, thanks bro.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by neobahamut20
    Originally posted by angzt

actuallly....

anyone around who does NOT like tetris?

just checkin :)

I hate it,

But I like the music.

I don't like the  |_|  and the |--|   pieces.  They really grind my gears.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Why is this even still open?  It's basically just an attack on one poster, it's barely even about games now.

Let me post a quote and ask you a question?

If this game is the new AAA standard im all done with the genre.

This game is not made for 18+ or 16+ it's frikkin made for 10 year olds and StarWars fanatics.

I dont really need to make cons and pros beacuse what's the point really, no MMO manage to dig such a casual/childish game grave so deep it's not even possible to make a calculated guess what they thought.

wtf was in Bioware/EA minds when they made this.

This game should be a prim example how NOT to make a so called AAA MMO.

Now does this really appear to be critisism of a game based on  working knowledge of the game or does it appear more like the average bash anyone whose never actually played the game could make. You know like the GW2 bashing that happens that you hate so much. No actual reason just statements of opinion which may or may not be true but which are stated as fact. granted he didn't state any lies but thenhe didn't state any fats or reasons either just as far as i can see opinions.

Yes this was a post Torgrim made (You know the guy you say you agree with) and in his defense let me say (A) the post was from some years ago, so maybe he's a bit wiser now, and (B) yes several times we all get frustrated (everyone myself included) and make statements we later regret, or at least see as less level headed then we would have liked.

Point being if your gonna condem people for posting such bashes against GW2 then also acknowledge that its not right for it to happen to other games as well. No ones exactly innocent here, and GW2 is no more persecuted then any other game. (many of which it seems are being bashed by the same GW2 fans that say its wrong for GW2 to be bashed in such a fashion) The old saying don't throw stone when you live in a house of glass come to mind.

For what its worth my apologies to Torgrim if it appears i've been picking on him. Just a caase of him trying to make a positive thread but his past post history coming back to haunt him. Probably could have happened to many of us here. To those how have never posted a bash without some kinda of reasoning and facts to back it up my hats off to you. While this is a interesting thread its probably reach its limite of usefullness. People do have dual standards when it comes to things they like and don't like probably willnever change

Originally posted by Eir_S
    Why is this even still open?  It's basically just an attack on one poster, it's barely even about games now.

Perhaps becaasue theres something to be learned? If it was a attack on a poster that bashed GW2 would you be complaining?

Still i have to agree its probably reached it limite on usefullness

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Perhaps becaasue theres something to be learned? If it was a attack on a poster that bashed GW2 would you be complaining?

Still i have to agree its probably reached it limite on usefullness

I don't care what they're bashing, but it's in the GW2 section and it's not really about GW2, just one poster's views on things.  It could at least be moved to general, but I don't see the purpose of a huge incendiary thread either way.  A lot of them get locked, it just takes a while.