Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: New CGI Trailer Surfaces

2»

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Love CGI trailers but they never really tell you anything about the game. A lession learned from SWToR. 

since SWTOR I'm CGI trailer traumatized.

Yes but this game like GW2 has example gameplay videos recorded from large gamecon events where they illustrate what the world is like, what combat is like without CGI. If I recall the tiny clips SWTOR displayed were nothing like this, they were very hush hush about the whole thing until a few days before launch when they finally took the NDA down.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Love CGI trailers but they never really tell you anything about the game. A lession learned from SWToR. 

Yes but this game like GW2 has example gameplay videos recorded from large gamecon events where they illustrate what the world is like, what combat is like without CGI. If I recall the tiny clips SWTOR displayed were nothing like this, they were very hush hush about the whole thing until a few days before launch when they finally took the NDA down.

GW2 had by far the most amount of in-game video footage i have ever seen for a game long before release.. but yea this game has a decent amount of actual ingame footage showing various things.. swtor had very very little prior to launch in comparison

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Nice video but it misses the quality of ESO.

It could have been better if they had better graphic designers

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

I had to laugh as i watched the Cleric struggling to find her credit card so she could heal the rogue :).

Still i am a sucker for these type of trailers, lets hope the game lives up to all the hype.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    It wasn't anything overtop like most trailers, besides 4 heroes versus an army of undead - didn't see any other backup. Most everything the heroes did, I feel like you can most likely do in game. No crazy acrobatics or insanely deadly moves featured. I could even see getting into a similiar situation in game. Someone holds or distracts the dragon's attention while the others take out the undead overlord. It appears more realistic, as in comparable to the actual game, than most. I think I like it for that reason.
  • MoMalikMoMalik Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by MoMalik
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by emi56
    Very lazy and cheaply made trailer. Nothing original. Did that dragon remind anybody of anything? 

A dragon?

I believe hes refering to WoW: The Lich King and I dont blame him because it does look very similair however it doesnt justify him calling it "lazy" and "cheap" because he believes the lore of D&D is ripping off Warcraft (which is just stupid)

the dragon looked like a partial copy from the Shatterer in GW2 but with a bone structure instead of crystalline.  Not sure if I've seen another dragon that has a ethereal digestive system. Was that the way a dragon looked from WotLK?

It does look like the Shatterer a little but a lot like the dragon from WotLK with its skeletal frame and blue glow. Shatterer is not as "boney" and has a purple glow but i do see the resemblence. 

• MoMalikMoMalik Member Posts: 11

Am i the only one who enjoyed SWTOR? lol I enjoyed leveling in that game and had a lot of fun with guildies. Sure, it had mediocre-PvP, obselete crafting and other issues but that didnt really drive me away from it. I had fun with it for awhile, the thing that drove me away was simply the lack of end-game content and with that boredom i decided to move elsewhere. Doesnt mean i completely hated it though. Just an opinion XD 

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    The options for showing an undead dragon firing lightening are not limitless.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Dracoliches and bone dragons were around a long time before the advent of the first MMO.  They were even illustrated in books like the Monster Manual.  If anything, WoW and others are the ones who not only ripped the idea, but the basic looks as well.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Dracoliches and bone dragons were around a long time before the advent of the first MMO.  They were even illustrated in books like the Monster Manual.  If anything, WoW and others are the ones who not only ripped the idea, but the basic looks as well.

^

This.

And that's because most of todays computer MMORPG players have no idea of the roots of these MMOs.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by spinner_vis
    Originally posted by Frazy123
    So, no archer/ranger type class? /sadface.

fighter/cleric/rogue/mage is just the beginning.

Yeah, they are obviously holding off to release those as 'premium classes'.

They are offering the bare minimum for classes that will be required for basic gameplay, which is fair enough considering the business model.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Zefire

Nice video but it misses the quality of ESO.

It could have been better if they had better graphic designers

While the ESO trailer was amazing, I feel that this trailer gives a better impression of the game itself. I'm a sucker for seeing actual moves that you do in-game shown in CGI.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Who actually made this trailer?

The studio I mean. (The Blur Site is great and Platige Image is good too.)

I can't find who made this but would like to check out their site too.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• CaptFabulousCaptFabulous Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Is it sad I'd rather see more of the trailer than actually play the game? Why can't anyone make a series out of stuff like this? Or a feature film?
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

A bump for this:

Does anyone know who actually made the trailer?

A link to the studio website would be appreciated.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.