Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: On Track for Beta

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,632MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The latest Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer's Letter has cropped up on the official site and by all reports, it appears that the beta is on track for a February deployment. While the first beta will be limited area-wise, there will be "plenty of Full Active Time Events" to take part in.

The team and I have been working tirelessly to meet our deadlines for the upcoming beta test. While I'm sure the wait has been unbearable, you'll be happy to know that I've just completed my last round of checks. We're now making final adjustments to the client, doing our best to stay on track.

Although phase one will be limited to areas around Gridania like the alpha test, there will be plenty of Full Active Time Events to try, and we've put everything we've got into creating an exciting game experience. It won't be long now before the testing begins, and in my next letter you can expect an announcement for the starting date.

Read the full letter and check out some new character screenshots on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• FelixMajorFelixMajor London, ONPosts: 576Member
    Oi Oi Oi, I'm afraid only way I'd give this another shot is if I get free access for buying the box copy way back when

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• HytekHytek SkaevingePosts: 55Member Uncommon
    Any way to get in beta?

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Posts: 758Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FelixMajor
    Oi Oi Oi, I'm afraid only way I'd give this another shot is if I get free access for buying the box copy way back when

Well you could of had a chance to get legacy status, but I believe that would of costed a sub fee for one month. They gave everyone a chance to be a legacy member... then again people are skeptical of this one being a let down also.

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,247Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

Well you could of had a chance to get legacy status, but I believe that would of costed a sub fee for one month. They gave everyone a chance to be a legacy member... then again people are skeptical of this one being a let down also.

If you got the original game you do get the game for free. Either wait til the game launches, get the game free and play it free for a month, or apply now for for beta and check it out whenever you get in. Legacy members were awarded the Legacy status because they stayed and supported the game despite how hopeless the situation seemed. Those who chose not to do so didn't earn Legacy and therefore do not get it. 

• orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,408Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

If you got the original game you do get the game for free. Either wait til the game launches, get the game free and play it free for a month, or apply now for for beta and check it out whenever you get in. Legacy members were awarded the Legacy status because they stayed and supported the game despite how hopeless the situation seemed. Those who chose not to do so didn't earn Legacy and therefore do not get it. 

good to know -thanks..i also got the box back when.

• NyrrhoNyrrho Sacramento, CAPosts: 53Member
    Good to know things are right on schedule. Can't wait to play this game.
  • xeonwalesxeonwales BridgendPosts: 3Member
    Originally posted by Hytek
    Any way to get in beta?

http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu or http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na