Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Help: New Player: Banned for Unknown Reason after 2 Days of Playing [RESOLVED]

RytzRytz Member Posts: 46

Greetings:

I know this is not an official support forum but I have no other place to go.  See below.

I have plenty of MMO experience and this has to be the most retarded and frustrating experience I've ever encountered in an MMO so far, save for maybe SWG launch back in the day.  Even my indie MMO experiences were never this bad.

I bought the GuildWars2 Digital Deluxe edition 2 days ago from the official site and played the last couple days pretty straight.  Level 19 Sylvari Ranger on Sorrow.  Talked to maybe 5-10 people tops (mostly trying to find some areas on the map).  Did a lot of exploring mostly during that time (mainly in the grove).  My character's name is not obscene or anything sketch.  Single-word name.

After a break (and working to pay the bills), I came back home tonight to jump on and get an error window saying that my account has been terminated for a bunch of obscure reasons (see image attached) that gives me no insight to the actual reason why.

Now, I wasn't super upset or anything yet, just shocked.  Stuff happens right?  Maybe hacked or wrongly accused. Off to the support site I went to submit a support ticket.

Can't log in with my account to the support site - says my account is disabled.  WTH?

So the $80 game account that I paid for 2 days ago is banned / terminated for no specific reason and I can't even log in to the support site to submit a ticket?  The only thing I can do is log in to the account section, which does absolutely nothing for my situation.  Can't access the official forums either.  Now what?

I'm able to create a new support account so I can at least submit a ticket to ArenaNet.  I fill out the ticket and submit it.  Get the confirmation email.  Come back a few hours later...

Can't log in to my new support account to check the status - disabled.

Are you f'ing kidding me?  Is this a conspiracy or something?

I was able to submit a 2nd support ticket without registering but it seems like they are just deleting my tickets or something.  Somehow ArenaNet hates me and I've only played their game for 2 days!  If this keeps up and I can't get in touch with anyone I feel like I'm going to have to get a refund and all that time I've already spent is wasted.

I can honestly say that there is nothing that I can think of that I did during these past 2 days of playing that would be considered bad in any way, shape, or form.

--------------------

I'm looking for any help that anyone can give me.  I have both incident support numbers which I will provide below.  I'm posting this on another popular GW2 forum site because I can't use any of the official avenues to get support.  If I could get on the official forums I could ask a mod / red name.

Here's my support tickets:

[Incident: 130206-000289]
[Incident: 130206-000775]
Account Unique Name: Rytz.1836

If anyone can pass this info along to a mod on the official forum or some kind of official support staff, I would greatly appreciate it.  Please PM me with any info.

Thanks in advance.  It's almost 4am and gotta be up in 3.5 hours.  I'll check back later tomorrow.

[I guess the image didn't originally attach - sorry about that]

Comments

• CarpeMoriCarpeMori Member Posts: 1

I've seem some pretty hardcore nasties getting roses/cheats from supportteams/GM's before. They must be convinced you the baddest out there to not even respond when hearing who you are from a different account.

If you not that bad: Good luck.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Not sure if this will help but you can try this:

http://twitter.com/guildwars2

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Happend to me when game launched , got banned after 3-4 days of playing for no reason ,after 2 weeks stupid conversation with lazy support they opened my account back anyway ive left game after that . NCSOFT ( ArenaNet) is very bad company if we talking about customer support and baning people. I will never ever buy any game from them anymore , never . Im happy now :)
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

A support account? I'm not sure what you mean. If you can't log in, you're supposed to e-mail ANet via this site:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Sounds like bad customer support. If you want to get their attention, post this on their social media pages.
  • NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Originally posted by Scalpless

A support account? I'm not sure what you mean. If you can't log in, you're supposed to e-mail ANet via this site:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/

This

And make sure your email is secure. If your account was stolen your login detail especially your password might not be safe. I dont know if your pw was unique for GW2 but several gaming forums had their databases compromised last year, so if you ever repeated your email and login combination before you might have been "hacked".

In any case, if you use the link above and alert them that way, your account will end up back in your hands eventually.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Sounds like bad customer support. If you want to get their attention, post this on their social media pages.

I agree with this statement. Social media rants tend to get dealt with swiftly.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    (mod edit)

Its better than letting exploiters/hackers/goldsllers go like in other games.

Such is the life in sub based game where they value 15/month more than banning any exploiters/hackers/goldsellers and let them roam around without any action/punishment.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Rytz

my account has been terminated for a bunch of obscure reasons (see image attached) that gives me no insight to the actual reason why.

what were the declared reasons?

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

I highly doubt you were banned for an unknown reason. They clearly tell you why your banned.

All you can do is call the customer support and plead your case. 

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

We need those screenshots of declared reasons you promised.

Without those, you're an abuser who felt he shouldn't have gotten caught. I'm sorry but innocent until proven guilty does not work on the internet.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    (mod edit)

Its better than letting exploiters/hackers/goldsllers go like in other games.

Such is the life in sub based game where they value 15/month more than banning any exploiters/hackers/goldsellers and let them roam around without any action/punishment.

Seriously, you will defend Anet on that line?

Have been in WoW myself since launch and the first couple of years were painful with exploits and gold sellers, but it is nothing like that these days and the last experience i had like this was a guild mate having his account hacked and exploited. We reported the exploit as we weren't getting answers from him in chat (and we knew he was away), the account was locked by a GM and when our guildie got back and contacted Blizzard he had his account re-opened and all of his gear back within two hours and our vault items given to our guild leader a couple of hours after that, that is the big difference.

Not that i knock F2P, but i have been watching these forums on GW2 since before launch and the customer service there just seems terrible to say the least and is one marked reason why i have stayed away from the game so far.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

as I already told (and got tons of haters for it) A-net support is awful.

BUT

beside this I don't think thy ban anyone w/o any reason.

SO

check all your points:
    - run anti key log prog like "SpyBot: search and destroy", free to use.
    - look if you deluxe edition was payed and money not just came back to your bank for X reason, or it annul purchase for sure.
    - be sure that nobody else use your comp / log to GW2.
    - be sure you did nothing against rulez.
    - read reasons for ban again.

keep asking for support / go post on official forum

and I want to be sure your are real guy with real problem and not trapped gold farmer or just flaming troll.

again I don't believe any company ban anyone for no reason.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Like mentioned, we need to see the reasons to have an idea of what went wrong. Also, you mentioned that the character name was fine but failed to tell us what the character name is... what you think is fine may not be fine to others. 

Can you get to the official forums? You'd have better luck there to be honest.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    tell us the true story bra
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Rytz

window saying that my account has been terminated for a bunch of obscure reasons (see image attached) that gives me no insight to the actual reason why.

Still no image posted?

I call BS until you provide some proof.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47

something similar happened to 3 of my guildmates... they were grouped up in Frostgorge Sound... just doin stuff while waiting for that loot pinata Jormag and Arenanet's fucked up bot detection crap flagged them for botting... actually flagged the entire zone accidentally haha. so like 50 players got banned for zero reason.

1 week later my guildees got a email from Arenanet basically saying: "wooopsie, hehe. our bad. SOWWWWY come back and play our bland fluff game plzzzzz and spend $$$ in our cash shop pllzzzz". they were livid. and rightfully so. Atleast Arenanet could have given them 50gems or something for their inconvienence.. but no, theyre not the classy kind.

can assure you this.. that bad taste lingers and bad karma (see what i did there?) spreads. my guildees have vowed never to spend another dime on gw2. well, actually we're all waiting on ESO beta invites to save us from the boredom ;). sucks when you play MMOs habitually hehe.

good luck OP. hope it turns out better for you than for us.

Originally posted by ElectricWizard

something similar happened to 3 of my guildmates... they were grouped up in Frostgorge Sound... just doin stuff while waiting for that loot pinata Jormag and Arenanet's fucked up bot detection crap flagged them for botting... actually flagged the entire zone accidentally haha. so like 50 players got banned for zero reason.

1 week later my guildees got a email from Arenanet basically saying: "wooopsie, hehe. our bad. SOWWWWY come back and play our bland fluff game plzzzzz and spend $$$ in our cash shop pllzzzz". they were livid. and rightfully so. Atleast Arenanet could have given them 50gems or something for their inconvienence.. but no, theyre not the classy kind.

can assure you this.. that bad taste lingers and bad karma (see what i did there?) spreads. my guildees have vowed never to spend another dime on gw2. well, actually we're all waiting on ESO beta invites to save us from the boredom ;). sucks when you play MMOs habitually hehe.

It's things like that which show a severe negative bias that tend to lead be to call BS on the entire post. This gives the strong impression of someone making crap up to attack the game for whatever personal reason.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

bot detection crap flagged them for botting... actually flagged the entire zone accidentally haha. so like 50 players got banned for zero reason.

my nephew got wrongly banned for botting/automated play - and my sister is contesting it

mistakes happen, altho annoying

EDIT:

my nephews account was restored today :)

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Yea post on their facebook, their reddit. Just ask why the you were banned. I'm thinking you have an email addess similar to another person who is a known gold seller or something.

This is not a game.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Where are the screeies you promised?

Sounds like several things: 1. you got hacked.  2. You were botting and got caught. 3. You swore in game and you got reported. I could think of more but why bother. You haven't really posted the truth and from your post you put it all on A.Net, now while they may not have the best support, they certainly don't do things without a specific reason.

OP trying being more truthful in your posts.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

To get banned without a word, i can only imagine that the payment did not get through, or was made using a fake/stolen credit card. Most, if not all companies permaban for things like this (chargebacks included). Might have been a payment error.

Originally posted by simmihi

To get banned without a word, i can only imagine that the payment did not get through, or was made using a fake/stolen credit card. Most, if not all companies permaban for things like this (chargebacks included). Might have been a payment error.

That's a really good point. We'll definitely need to see the alleged list of reasons.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by evilastro

If you do post anything on their social network pages, make sure you keep it polite!

I posted some comments, which got deleted and I got blocked from posting any further messages!

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Volkon

It's things like that which show a severe negative bias that tend to lead be to call BS on the entire post. This gives the strong impression of someone making crap up to attack the game for whatever personal reason.

You pick one line out of an entire post and point at that being negative when the whole post is there to explain that they screwed up banning people for no reason and admitted to it!?! Does it not then follow that there is a small possibility that they could have screwed up in this case as well? I am not saying they did, all i am saying is that if it has happened before, it could happen again and a post like this on any other forum would just be considered that of a raging fanboi trying to defend the indefensible, but i would never stoop so low as to suggest that.

The other thing that seems to be missed by a lot of posters here is that they guy isn't entirely disputing the ban, he is just trying to find a legitimate avenue to be able to get to the reason and find out if he will get his account back but is being blocked at every turn from doing so, so instead will have to go outside of what would be considered normal avenues for any other game to try and get an explanation which has to be considered pretty poor on the customer service front which ever way you look at it.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.