Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D3 V Path of Exile - Aprt 2 - Game Systems

SibcoeSibcoe Member UncommonPosts: 61

Hi everyone - 

I wanted to share the next part in the Diablo 3 v Path of Exile series from RTG:

D3 v Path of Exile - Game Systems

Interesting to see the pros and cons of both games, their strong points and weaknesses.  Which do you think has the best core game systems?

Cheers 0/

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Does Path of Exile have a real money auction house? If so I will bot that game too. $ $ $ 
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

i fail to see the good graphic of D3.

Okay if the current generation of gamers consider low quality texture comic look pretty good graphic i'am probably not able to judge gfx nowdays

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Niburu

i fail to see the good graphic of D3.

Okay if the current generation of gamers consider low quality texture comic look pretty good graphic i'am probably not able to judge gfx nowdays

It is the art that counts, not the technology.

D3 has much better models, animations, and satisfying effects.  Now look is subjective ... so i can only say personally i found D3 much more pleasant and "clean" to look at.

• SibcoeSibcoe Member UncommonPosts: 61

Thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated and interesting indeed.  I thin art style is one of those subjective things, however, when you say "current generation of gamer" you sort of have to keep in mind I coded my first games from a magazine myself in machine code with 16k of memory.  I have been playing since then, and have a fiarly broad opinion.  :)  

Someone said D3 is clean, I would add tight, on the environmental and character design, and physics.  It is also true though, when you get really close in on D3 graphics, the texture quality is really low.  This is typical of Blizzard games.  POE on the other thand has some beautiful an dimmersive environmental design.  

I have Part 3 to do over the next week, which will feature a measure of overall "play satisfaction and replayability."  That will conclude the series.  I will, of course, have the State of Diablo 3 podcast ongoing, and both D3, and POE shows continuing.  There are also shows on variety gaming as well.  

Cheers 0/