Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Reputation System Detailed

2»

Comments

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123

You need to realize that this is an entirely voluntary system.

It provides NO bonus really.

We already have Valor rank for people who like to pvp, maybe this will cater more to pve'ers . 

Anyways, as every other title grind, it's not mandatory, if you like playing in that fashion, you'll get good reputation regardless of whether you're trying or not.

I don't see the problem, it's a title system, if you are a pvp player, you'rel ikely to skip it alltogether, and provided a alternative to light/darkside vendors( Their items suck anyways).

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Quicksand

This thread summed up...

You are eating dinner, lets say steak, then the cook walks over and says hey, we will now offer pizza as well if you decide you want that, or you can ignore it and just continue eating what you are eating now.

And then you reply by saying HOW DARE YOU OFFER PZZA!!!!!! I HATE PIZZA!!!!!

Yeah, evil SWTOR offering something that someone may like.... How dare they!

Because you don't want the pizza smell stenching the room.

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

I eagerly read all SWTOR announcements, hoping against hope that they will do something to make me want to return.  And now this - yet ANOTHER grind mechanism, a thinly veiled attempt to keep people playing not because they are having fun but because they have invested too much already to leave.

I left another beloved IP, LOTRO, when they nosedived into the cash shop exploitation model.  SWTOR's pain is of another variety, but no less dispiriting.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Seriously, after all the things they could do to save the game they make a faction/rep grind? Really? It's like watching a train wreck you really can't look away it's so bad.

As I remember when last time checked swtor is still 2nd game for sub numbers. Yes, very far behind wow, but still.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    So all they do is add another number to grind. Lawl.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by jawapet
    I love how people hate on this game and say they don't care, yet whenever there is news about they immediately jump on and comment... and then read through additional comments to comment on those.  They claim they hate it and don't care, but they seem to spend a lot of effort making other people care about them not caring... If they honestly didn't care they wouldn't post anything would, let alone continue to comment on it multiple times.

Look at this new "feature", never requested by anyone, never suggested by the community, just another number grind in good old static SWTOR-world

Just in case some Disney suit is reading here, there should be no opportunity wasted to tell him to get a developer like SOE, Funcom or Trion to make a Star Wars MMO and cancel the contract with EA.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    Gives them something to do. Can't be all bad. I don't have emotional connection to video games. Good for people playing it, beats nothing at all.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• GrizzkhitGrizzkhit Member UncommonPosts: 16
    More content is never wrong in my opinion. Even if you don't love the feature it's always good to have the opportunity to do something else. It's not like someone is forcing you to do something you don't want.
  • ThaddeusPLThaddeusPL Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Copy from Star Tek Online and other MMO - no more fresh ideas from EA/Bioware. Shame.
  • vadess40vadess40 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I think it';s an awesome idea and really plays into the legacy system as part of having legacy is that has a galactic impact, just like the Skywalker legacy. So, I'm looking forward to grinding points. Only thing I would add is that they provide a way for reptuation points to be earned while levelling too. You know, like LS/DS pts, your choices affect how different factions see you.