Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: How is this game?

TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
I was curious what those of you that have played this think about it......I heard it was similar to AO and wanted to get some opinions before trying it.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

It is F2P. Just try it.

I think the combat is not fun enough, so i stop playing.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Ok thx for the reply...Didnt want to jump in as it is a decent size download and was concerned that it might be crappy like STO or some of ther other sci-fi MMOs
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Ok thx for the reply...Didnt want to jump in as it is a decent size download and was concerned that it might be crappy like STO or some of ther other sci-fi MMOs

I like STO a lot better than GA. STO ship combat is fun and strategic to me.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    I played it a while back and honestly, it seemed like a really tiny game, after maybe a week or so, I couldn't find any more content to do so I deleted it.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    The community has dwindled down to a very small number, and Hi-Rez Studios has not been supporting it for about a year now. Hi-Rez is working on Global Agenda 2, so the original is at the point where it's just riding out the existing community as far as it can go.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    The game is a fun game, but the player base has gotten so small compared to what it use to be. You can go through all the content in around a week of playing. After that all you do is go through all the content over and over again till you get max level. Then you do the same thing on another charater.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• TheBlender11TheBlender11 Member Posts: 1

Global Agenda is not like Anarchy online at all.

I am a long time player, I started playing when it was P2P

Anyway the game is a FPS arena style game, same style as Team Fortress.

If you enjoy TF, you'll enjoy GA (GA is just more futuristic and faction based)

If not, then don't play GA.

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

i tried a trial of this game a long time before it went f2p, and i really liked it, actually thought of buying it w/e id find it on a nice discount ( was for 5 bucks once, but i missed it ),,,, then a year later it went f2p and after the first 2 days of playing it turned out the game world is extremely small, so small it shouldnt be even clasified as an mmorpg,,,

imagine the aproximate size of a standard newb zone in a standard mmo, the whole game world in global agenda is barely larger then that, if even that,,,,

it was a good idea to make a fps mmo, but this game lacks scale, really

damn happy i didnt buy it, cos even if i got it for 5 bucks it would be a waste

P.S. as a fellow AO vet i can tell you this game is NOTHING like AO, it has ZERO in common with it, besides it being in a sci-fi setting

P.S.2  Omni-Tek is your friend!

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

Originally posted by Omali
    The community has dwindled down to a very small number, and Hi-Rez Studios has not been supporting it for about a year now. Hi-Rez is working on Global Agenda 2, so the original is at the point where it's just riding out the existing community as far as it can go.

Really? I don't know there is a GA2 being worked on. I played a bit of GA couple years ago .. and drop it because the combat is not as fun as i like.

But a role-based sci-fi pve shooter is essentially my type of game. If GA2 is F2P, then i will definitely give it a look.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Well maybe I'll jsut hold out for GA2 then....Read somewhere that this was a good successor to AO but I'll take the word of the community over what I heard........If anyone knows of a good sci-fi (that isnt EVE) thats on par with AO please do tell.

well, its still not good old Anarchy, but Fallen Earth is a very interesting game for us AO refugees if you havent tried it out yet,,,

- while not sci-fi its setting is post apocaliptic, wich is as close as you can get right now if you count out the less then mediocre swtor

- while char development is not as complex as in AO, its much more complex then 99% of mmo's out there, there is no "twinking" as we know it from AO, but still its char development ( classless system ) exceeds pretty much everything besides AO and Eve

- game is a FPS/TPS MMORPG, while im not a fan of fps games, and ussually suck at em simply becouse i havent played any in over a decade i really got pulled in into this one, if you want fps/tps mmorpg combo, youre way better off trying out FE then GA

- while not a sandbox its not your standard  themepark either, for example while zones are still following ( propably wrong word, its really early tho and english not my native language, sorry ), ie. first one has content for lvls 1-15, second 16-30 etc, the zones are huge and open, with lots of content spread out trough them, it definately doesnt feel like "on rails"

- while its not swg's crafting system, its still very fun, actually one of the very few games i got into crafting

- game must be popullar amongts AO refugees, since i fell into quite a few of them while playing FE

- game is free2play, and last time i played NOT p2w

P.S. Omni-Tek Protects!

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

just becouse i miss it so much, more OMNI propaganda!!!

Omni-Tek made me what I am today!

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

How i miss anarchy online...

Anyway GA isnt a bad game, its just a game that kinda went halfway between a FPS with a meta game, and a mmorpg...and kind of just sat there in the middle.

It had (at the time) the intro area being an open world map, which was fun.  You make your way into some biodome city, and at that point it becomes a lobby based FPS with matches.  Yes you can run around the lobby which is nice.

Theres pve instance, where most people dont understand what a role is and what RPG PVE is and how it works, so it gets really fustrating on the harder instanced when you have your DPS running ahead of the group, tank off on his own, and theres no teamwork or willingness to let the tank pull (or at least run in first)

Theres pvp matches that are control point, mixed in with a bit of territory control for metagaming.  Its usually one side stomping the other, and one side using teamwork the other ignoring teamwork.  I think they allow one clan to hire mercs which are random people who are queued up, they get stomped by the organized clan.

Theres also a blend mode.  One where you have a few enemy players dropped into your PVE instance to terrorize you, and i think a secret agent mode where a guy on your team is working against you.  Awesome on paper, in execution it needs work.

Theres also PVE raids on timers which are pretty fun, you basically defend areas from waves of enemies and i think a boss if i can remember right, those were fun.

High-Rez seems to have some of the best cash shops around, its cheap to play this game, cheap to be premium, cheap to enjoy the maximum benefits you can obtain from playing, which is rare since free game usually like to pit people into bottomless pits of money spending when competeing versus eachother.

IF they made a GA2 its going to have to offer waay more open world style play, and work on its non pvp instances a lot to make this game anything special.  I think a lot of people left GA early on once they realize the starter area is a tease and the rest of the game is queued up inside the biodome.  Top it off with a community completely ignorant to RPG style teamwork, and not receptive to advice on why the pve isntance isnt going well (refusing to work as a team usually).

The pvp was ok if your in an organized clan who works together, being a bit boring and repetative after a while. PVP as a random guy is painfull.

Its actually a really good game to mess around in, wont run you a ton of money to enjoy the game in full ( i think i paid like $10 which puts you on a sort of subscription style reward for life, and they offer boosters for varying times.  All paying does is give you an additional reward slot, booter opens up a 3rd slot, free players get one slot.  Theres helmets in the cash shop i think too and some dyes if i can remember, thats it though, level seems to stop mattering after 30.  Not a good game to play hours daily but worth a try and fun to pop into every now and then.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The game is really nice, but it is dead.

Population has dropped considerable and the devs already said they will not update the game anymore.

Enjoy it while they dont pull the server plug.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by XilentStorm

Wrong.

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=91200

I hate how Ga2 sounds.

They took everything that made GA good out.  They took the potential that the open world map had out.

They even took out the hex based clan territory warfare.

Its just going to be deathmatches (and im sure some other games) with spectator mode and progression...that's it. They don't even have PVE plans (though not off the table) Its just going to be a lobby based deathmatch and CTF game.

I would have loved GA2 to be a game with more open world maps.  More pve/pvp instances (I loved the raids even though no pvp in them) and the clan warfare was a good meta game for a time...with some work it would be awesome.

Would be like a mix of PS2 and Defiance.

Instead were getting Tribes basically.

• DaRabbitDaRabbit Member Posts: 3
    If you get a pvp its cheater vs cheater only.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    This game is kind of like a half decent third person shooter.. but without the single player campaign. It's mostly about PvP in arena battles. There is 'some' PvE but it's more like a stepping stone on the way to the PvP. It can be enjoyable though.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    i had the best pvp experience in this game, it was a blast when i was playing it ( 2 years ago i think ) but i completely ignore its current status right now

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by BrownAle
    Originally posted by XilentStorm Wrong.   http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=91200
    I hate how Ga2 sounds.

They took everything that made GA good out.  They took the potential that the open world map had out.

They even took out the hex based clan territory warfare.

Its just going to be deathmatches (and im sure some other games) with spectator mode and progression...that's it. They don't even have PVE plans (though not off the table) Its just going to be a lobby based deathmatch and CTF game.

I would have loved GA2 to be a game with more open world maps.  More pve/pvp instances (I loved the raids even though no pvp in them) and the clan warfare was a good meta game for a time...with some work it would be awesome.

Would be like a mix of PS2 and Defiance.

Instead were getting Tribes basically.

There weren't very many people in the open world, even near opening day. People really did seem to focus on the instances, raids and the PvP. Well, mostly on PvP and raids. The four man instances took forever to queue for, and it was always a crap-shoot on whether or not you'd actually get through it.

The hex based territory thing was really cool, but I don't know if a lot of people were on board with it. I think The Secret World should have taken that idea and used it to divide the world up between the three factions. Kind of like their Facebook game, only cool.

Anyway, it's a good game, probably worth downloading, if you're into third person shooter PvP. Just keep in mind that the first ten levels are going to be in the world, not in the PvP instances.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.