Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would it be Pay to Win if this was added into the cash shop?

LatnemurtsniLatnemurtsni Member UncommonPosts: 9
Just curious, I know part of the game is discovering the skill tree and how you will progress through it. I had my 46 templar and realized how much mistakes I took on my tree that it has hindered me from really progressing forward. With that said, I did learn from the game and re-rolled a Ranger and now know how to build her without messing up. My question to all you POE players is, would it really be pay to win if they add a full reset option on the cash shop for say 5$?

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

No

That type of advantage is available to anyone willing to do some research. If the devs start changing the skill tree and not offering free resets you might be able to make a case but otherwise no.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

No I don't think so, in fact it would be a good revenue source. It isn't offering something that couldn't be achieved with playtime.

In fact it would probably keep the time poor but IRL rich players happy, allowing them to try multiple builds without constant rerolling.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by evilastro

No I don't think so, in fact it would be a good revenue source. It isn't offering something that couldn't be achieved with playtime.

In fact it would probably keep the time poor but IRL rich players happy, allowing them to try multiple builds without constant rerolling.

And without the lack of any deep gameplay.

You build your character which makes them pretty individual later in the game. when they improve the PvP and introduce a ranking and stuff it means you skill for PvE and when you hit a certain level you reskill to the newest FOTM build.

The idea of a fast respec is horrible and removes a fun part out of the game

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Just no to convenience gaming.

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

A huge NO to having resets, i myself decided to make a EK Shadow and borked the build beyond being fixable and i had to reroll the same day, took me like a hour to get past Act 1 and i learned to study the game harder and find out what works and what doesnt. Always have something in mind when you're starting to put points into the tree because if you don't put any thought behind it then you'll mess your build all up. I always tell people to have somewhat of a gameplan and a idea of what build you're going for. 

I seriously havent had this much fun in awhile just having the threat of completely screwing my build up makes me stop, breath and research, it's really a breath of fresh air. Cannot stand having my hand held.

and a HUGE kudos for the trading market that's in place, so much fun to have a community driven trade market. So much fun to interact with other players instead of visiting some silly auction house.  The key to having a awesome game is social interaction.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

I think the game has to add this feature to truly keep earning money. I have supported this from the start of closed beta. Now the only issue is there is an in game currency item that fixes skills 1 at a time. You break the market by adding a full respec feature. Though thankfully these respec items can also be exchanged for an alchemy orb so it will always retain some value.

Also i think the reskill should cost 10$. Not 5$. I want to see this company max profits and I think 10$ is that price point. If you can't fix your character after 1 full respec and solitary uses from the quests and orb of regrets then you may as well make a new character. Flavor of the month toons are not what this game is about. This games about making something truly unique to yourself. You will most likely not create your first characters skill tree perfectly. You will discover needs and wants as you learn your charcters specific playstyle weaknesses. If they do not add a cash shop reset I think it would even be fair to put a 1 time character respec on every account that hits level 80 or so. You do not want people fully respecing in there 40s. Its to easy to attain and we dont need unlearned players with "copy paste" specs running around clueless n what not :P

PoE FTW :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• LatnemurtsniLatnemurtsni Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Yeah for me I figured since I messed up on my spec but did put in some time it would be convenient for me or anyone else. I did not stress over it though so I just re rolled and found out how much more exciting the ranger was for me.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Ranger is OP....Poison arrow with chaos damage. So nasty. So far im playing Witcher and Maurader and Ranger will be my 3rd.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

I think the game has to add this feature to truly keep earning money. I have supported this from the start of closed beta. Now the only issue is there is an in game currency item that fixes skills 1 at a time. You break the market by adding a full respec feature. Though thankfully these respec items can also be exchanged for an alchemy orb so it will always retain some value.

Also i think the reskill should cost 10$. Not 5$. I want to see this company max profits and I think 10$ is that price point. If you can't fix your character after 1 full respec and solitary uses from the quests and orb of regrets then you may as well make a new character. Flavor of the month toons are not what this game is about. This games about making something truly unique to yourself. You will most likely not create your first characters skill tree perfectly. You will discover needs and wants as you learn your charcters specific playstyle weaknesses. If they do not add a cash shop reset I think it would even be fair to put a 1 time character respec on every account that hits level 80 or so. You do not want people fully respecing in there 40s. Its to easy to attain and we dont need unlearned players with "copy paste" specs running around clueless n what not :P

PoE FTW :D

I don't want to see a full respec for $10, but maybe a single point.  At that price point it would still be within the developers game design of making player choice very important.