Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Not a very fun game

2

Comments

  • ElminzterElminzter MelbournePosts: 202Member

    one feature that is so annoying is the invisible boundary where your char doesnt fall off from a higher elevation really not sure why its not fixed cause its just weird that you actually have to jump over that invisible boundary, its damm fricking annoying when it's just part of a higer level pavement.

    thats why for me this game is never ever getting a AAA rating, as this should have been fixed ASAP, but it';s left it it's broke state .........

     

    just saying.

  • DrolkinDrolkin Palio, NBPosts: 242Member

    The OP hasn't experienced high level combat where it takes more then autoclicking 1-2 skills to win.

     

    And how the hell do you compare a martial arts game from China to a SPACE SIMULATOR like Eve!?  WOW!

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Elminzter

    one feature that is so annoying is the invisible boundary where your char doesnt fall off from a higher elevation really not sure why its not fixed cause its just weird that you actually have to jump over that invisible boundary, its damm fricking annoying when it's just part of a higer level pavement.

    thats why for me this game is never ever getting a AAA rating, as this should have been fixed ASAP, but it';s left it it's broke state .........

     

    just saying.

    Yeah this is my biggest irratation. Rough edges of terran. There are lots of lips on edges that you get snagged on when running on rough tops and walls. 

     

    I've learned  how to work trhough them. I have kinda given it a pass for now knowing that the entire game wrold is playable, from Treetops to the bottom of the ocean, and every building and structure inbetween. It makes me appriciate what Blizzard did with flying in WoW.  They had to design actual stuctures, not just pictures like so many mmorpgs we play. 

  • SybnalSybnal nunavit, NWPosts: 261Member

    Honestly, my experience was much the same as the OP's.  Really, any game that makes you work as much to like it as this one deserves the negativity it gets.   I stuck with it out of nothing else except boredom.  By the time my 10hrs was up I was curious enough to buy it, I wanted to see a little more.  After a day or two I still thought it was pretty mediocre. I play the shit out of it now though.

    The PvE  SUCKS in this game. The PvE combat sucks right along with it. It's horrible.  It's a different deal when you PvP later on. Once you accept that you will be better off.  I actually ran around and did quests just like the OP and I was bored as shit.  I tried playing it like typical western MMO.  But then when I actually UNDERSTOOD what the hell I was supposed to be doing. I didn't do another quest for 3 weeks. 

     

    Just a few starter tips to help people get into the game. (if they want to that is).

     

    The quests and the tutorial are bullshit.   Just suffer through it and get the following out of it:

    Basics of combat, your double jump, how to cultivate your skills and the 3 ways to do it.

    Choosing your school (do some research first) , getting your first internal skill and cultivating  it, getting your first 2 ability sets from your school (you get 1 more after cultivating your internal to lvl 10). Do the team practice tutorial. Do all the guide quests in the school until you get a quest to spy on all the other schools. Then go finish off your story quest and get the 3 man array.

    Now you only have to keep your xp pool stocked. Easy, 2 spy missions a day will do it.  No quests required. 

    Set yourself up with some goals.  Like finding out how to make unbound silver, getting new flying skills, building the perfect skill set, finding a good guild, go rob sombody, go start a fight over a silk worm stand and get thrown in jail, go kidnapp someone and start a small war in the middle of town. Go get a bunch of kids drunk and see if their parents get pissed at you.  Go explore and look for skill books in treasure chests. Find out how to be a constable, or a dirty constable..lol.  Duel everyone, Go piss off GoonSwarm.  Find and trigger miracle encounters.  Use your imagination.  If you arn't having fun in a week, then the game just isn't your thing. 

  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member
    Originally posted by Sybnal

    Honestly, my experience was much the same as the OP's.  Really, any game that makes you work as much to like it as this one deserves the negativity it gets.   I stuck with it out of nothing else except boredom.  By the time my 10hrs was up I was curious enough to buy it, I wanted to see a little more.  After a day or two I still thought it was pretty mediocre. I play the shit out of it now though.

    The PvE  SUCKS in this game. The PvE combat sucks right along with it. It's horrible.  It's a different deal when you PvP later on. Once you accept that you will be better off.  I actually ran around and did quests just like the OP and I was bored as shit.  I tried playing it like typical western MMO.  But then when I actually UNDERSTOOD what the hell I was supposed to be doing. I didn't do another quest for 3 weeks. 

     

    Just a few starter tips to help people get into the game. (if they want to that is).

     

    The quests and the tutorial are bullshit.   Just suffer through it and get the following out of it:

    Basics of combat, your double jump, how to cultivate your skills and the 3 ways to do it.

    Choosing your school (do some research first) , getting your first internal skill and cultivating  it, getting your first 2 ability sets from your school (you get 1 more after cultivating your internal to lvl 10). Do the team practice tutorial. Do all the guide quests in the school until you get a quest to spy on all the other schools. Then go finish off your story quest and get the 3 man array.

    Now you only have to keep your xp pool stocked. Easy, 2 spy missions a day will do it.  No quests required. 

    Set yourself up with some goals.  Like finding out how to make unbound silver, getting new flying skills, building the perfect skill set, finding a good guild, go rob sombody, go start a fight over a silk worm stand and get thrown in jail, go kidnapp someone and start a small war in the middle of town. Go get a bunch of kids drunk and see if their parents get pissed at you.  Go explore and look for skill books in treasure chests. Find out how to be a constable, or a dirty constable..lol.  Duel everyone, Go piss off GoonSwarm.  Find and trigger miracle encounters.  Use your imagination.  If you arn't having fun in a week, then the game just isn't your thing. 

    Hey thanks for not flaming or baiting me given you have a different outlook on the game, very rare on this site, where different views are typically insulted.

     

    I fully read your post and am a bit more interested now in the game.

     

    My question to you is:  What are you to do in game if PVE is as bad as it had appeared to be in my short play?  What (literally) are you doing in game?  Just running around ganking people (which is appealing dont get me wrong)? Doing a few spy missions then logging off?

    Explain to me in depth what it is exactly that your doing in game if your not participating in any PVE...because yeah the PVE was horrible, and im not sure what ill be doing in game other than running around gathering stuff for the boring crafting (i find crafting boring in all game for the most part so i dont expect or need to like crafting to enjoy a game typically)

    From what i saw on the live stream of the viet guys vs goons, the clan based pvp seems right out of a 7 year old game, which isnt a good thing...Perhaps theres a lot more to do pvp wise?

  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Lake Moho, INPosts: 96Member
    Forget about PVE. This game is PvP oriented and that doesn't necessarily mean ganking everyone. Find something that interests you. For me it was finding rare ore and selling it. When that gets boring I do some spy or patrol. When that gets boring I explore the world and look for treasure chests and random encounters. And if all that is still not enough for you just log on everyday to do script steal if that's not interesting for you I don't know what is.
  • park97park97 Toronto, ONPosts: 89Member

    If you want PVE, run instances and mini instances.

    If you want PVP, join weekend school wars, daily script protection, stealing event, spy mission, guild escort mission. You actually have to play mini games in order to level your crafting ability. Gathering is boring, requires lots of grind, but hey no pain no gain.

     

  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    boundary wont be changed, they made it so people dont cry that they fall from roofs all time etc even more from trees with next "flying" skills
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by AresPL
    boundary wont be changed, they made it so people dont cry that they fall from roofs all time etc even more from trees with next "flying" skills

    Thanks Ares, good to know.

  • SybnalSybnal nunavit, NWPosts: 261Member
    Originally posted by Crunchy222
     

    Hey thanks for not flaming or baiting me given you have a different outlook on the game, very rare on this site, where different views are typically insulted.

     

    I fully read your post and am a bit more interested now in the game.

     

    My question to you is:  What are you to do in game if PVE is as bad as it had appeared to be in my short play?  What (literally) are you doing in game?  Just running around ganking people (which is appealing dont get me wrong)? Doing a few spy missions then logging off?

    Explain to me in depth what it is exactly that your doing in game if your not participating in any PVE...because yeah the PVE was horrible, and im not sure what ill be doing in game other than running around gathering stuff for the boring crafting (i find crafting boring in all game for the most part so i dont expect or need to like crafting to enjoy a game typically)

    From what i saw on the live stream of the viet guys vs goons, the clan based pvp seems right out of a 7 year old game, which isnt a good thing...Perhaps theres a lot more to do pvp wise?

    Well, right now I'm working on making money, so I can get gear.  That's a pretty big goal of mine.  There are a bunch of different ways to do it.  I'll typically log in, see what's selling in Chengu, maybe duel my poison master a few times. Then I'll go try and find what's selling.  That usually leads me to a few places and adventures.  I'll always try and kidnap someone, when the opportunity presents itself.  All that takes awhile. If I have to spy that day, I'll do it for a few hours.  Sometimes I get caught :( sometimes it goes quick. I usually take the instance pvp summons, or a cart robbing summons, or duels if I'm not doing something else. I've been playing for a few weeks now and I'm still only scratching the surface. It seems like I always have TOO much I can do..lol.  

     

    I don't have ALL day to play or anything. Which is why this game appeals to me.  I can just do what I want when I log in for however long I want.  Just think that you are starting from lvl 1 your character sucks you have to go make it better. But you have to go find that shit out.  It's not handed to you by a quest chain or at a certain lvl. That' half the fun for me.  I just got a skill that lets me run strait up a wall the other day.  I'm still happy about that..lol.  Getting the skill was just as fun as having it. 

     

    You can also hit the "N''  button that shows events and times to take part in script raids, wars and all kinds of stuff I havn't figured out yet.  I'm in a small shitty guild right now, so I can't comment on how much more the game opens up that way. But it looks like there is alot of work to do building a guild town and guild wars and such.  So I'd recommend finding a good guild too.

  • fldashfldash Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 227Member


    Originally posted by Sybnal
    I usually take the instance pvp summons, or a cart robbing summons

    Can you elaborate on those? What are they?

    Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Not Saying, QCPosts: 362Member
    Originally posted by fldash

     


    Originally posted by Sybnal
    I usually take the instance pvp summons, or a cart robbing summons

     

    Can you elaborate on those? What are they?

    When you reach a certain internal level you will start getting notices requesting your help. They come from the bosses inside the forbidden instances. You and sometimes a couple other players will help the boss fight back whatever team is in there. If you can keep the boss alive for 10 mins, you get a box that has a few decent items like money and skill book pieces.

    Cart summons occur during the guild escort event. A 6 man team(with possibly more) takes a cart on a path like a normal escort except that they get rewarded player silver and other things if they succeed. You will get a notice to go raid one and try to damage the cart enough that boxes fall off. You then loot the boxes for some of the treasues. Can be a pretty intense fight depending on how many escorts and raiders you have.

     

  • BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Bellingham, WAPosts: 688Member

    The tutorial is boring, no question.  At least the autopathing make the storyline fetch quests bearable.  And the tutorial is also long by necessity since this is a pretty complicated game.  I do worry that a lot of folks will be turned off by the tutorial, because this is an amazing game.  Art direction is top notch and the animations are great.  Combat is very fluid once you understand it (and get a few flying skills).   I also love the way that the hits actually move an opponent around.  It feels kind of like playing soul caliber a bit.  Flying skills make the environment actually matter in pvp fights, i cant think of another mmoprg that has accomplished that.  I also love the fact that you don't have to kill mobs in this game, or grind quests.  Grinding quests has very little reward which is great because grinding quests sucks. 

    I'd say combat starts getting fun once you unlock your first school style and get whirlwind step/jump across the clouds (super cheap to buy and easy get as a drop in game)  I have yet to see a better combat system in an mmorpg.  The feint/overt/block system combined with flying skills has a really great flow to it.  Early on, this isn't the case, but it shouldn't take long to get out of clunky and into fun.     I like being able to do fun things instead of trying to grind for endgame.  The entire game is endgame in age of wushu.  PVE isn't great except for i do like how bosses summon players in instances to help them kill the instance group.  This is a PVP game though.  The PVP is fun so i would recommend trying it even if you don't like PVP.

    Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    image
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member

    Alright i made a new account, rolled shaolin, breezed through the tutorial and first act quests.  Took peoples advice given here.

     

    To me, it seems like  a game where you manage side skills a majority of the time.  Theres really not much reason to kill PVE mobs, other than if you want to skin them ect.  The combat on my new school was a lot better, however still very boring mechanically, not sure this is something switching schools will fix.

    I dabbled in some pvp, while it was slightly more interesting than PVE, the mechanics of combat in this game are very clunky, full of animation bugs, and just not a whole lot of excitment involved.  Yeah its a bit slower combat, with a bit of thought in what skill you use and holding downt he parry rightclick mouse button.

    You seem locked into this right click makes you block mode while in combat, which makes repositioning a pain since block puts the brakes on your movement...not that it really matters if your facting your opponent or not.  This is part of the combat clunky factor, as well as the buggy nature of your characters seeming to ignore ground objects (occasionally getting stuck on a ledge if your tossed against a short wall)

     

    I like the idea behind combat...however...the combat system in this game is VERY primative in both form and function. Youll notice this during your early tutorial NPC skirmishes, when an NPC gets knocked back onto and object they cant walk on, and the skirmish resets...or the NPC gets automoved ina  frozen position behind you 40 feet then slowly moves toward you again with no animation.  Same goes for how you react to the smallest of ledges in combat.  Theres a false wall on even the smallest of ledges that you must jump to step down on, in the heat of a battle if you get knocked up on one, it can really thow you off, and expecially if you need to rotate the camera, given that button becomes block in combat.

    The idea is there, but again, this is an extremely primitive combat system, not in a mechanical sense, just how everything is executed, how buggy the player sync is (especially with mobs) and location detection and the games odd tendancy to want to move NPC's in combat to where they properly should be, despite you chain knockbacked them into a corner.

     

    Its very clunky in both pve and pvp.  Really the game has a lot to offer, thers tons on side fluff to keep casusals and hardcore players doing everything imaginable aside from combat.  Again combat seems to be an afterthought.  A lot went intot he life skill system and crafting system.  Combat doesnt seem to matter in a PVE sense, as theres little reason to engage in NPC mobs, and less reward for doing so.  PVP might be the shining point, but its still plauged by a very primative combat system that functions as if it was made last decade.

     

    Boring game still if your looking for action and combat, great game to putz around in, play with the crafting, do the life skills, and see what happend when you were offline.  Also i should point out that the pvp seems to gravitate towards 3 schools out of 8 with a few schools being poor choices for really anything...i guess they might be better in PVE, but again, PVE combat is nearly non existant.

     

    Needless to say i did try to like it. I can see whats in the game that some may enjoy.  There does seem to be a hell of a lot to do in game and a lot happens when your offline.  Its just the game lacks combat, and when pvping, lacks good combat. I think ive seen enough with the game and gave it an honest try, it just doesnt seem to include anything im really looking for in a game.  The game would be fantastic with a solid combat system and a reason to fight NPC mobs.  The kidnap and criminal system deserve a better game imo, as they are fun ideas.  The clan pvp system is something you would expect in a decade old game unfotunately, theres a recorded live stream on another thread here if your interested in what that looks like (its a big square and the two clans zerg it up).

    The game did leave me yearning for a good martial arts game, i dont think ill find it in wushu unfortunately, its lacking the all important combat, but at least makes up for it with side fluff, and a whole lot of it.

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

     Flying skills make the environment actually matter in pvp fights,

    This, I have not seen such chase events in an MMO in a long time, if ever, most mmo's your "chase scene" is a stun and a run until you can mount your horse and then if you are chasing trying to trap the person in some sort of landscape problem. For example running them into a wall or cliff...

    but here...I have given the example of chengdu city fights before and those can be crazy with alley's and roof tops all being viable real mechanics on the fight...but last night we also had two spy hunters on one spy in WV, if you have never been in wanderer valley it is classic chinese style built around a fantastical lava pit area with towers and arches around the pit (and a giant stair case to more traditional buildings), the two spy hunters (including me) were after a scholar who was using step, the wall climbing abilit,y to evade us by going up walls and going from one tall tower to another, more than 70% of the fight took place above the "ground" level, this game isn't flat so ground level is relative to where you are at any given time...but he was above the pit area,

    really unique fighting experience, not really flying as gravity is still a huge factor, and your jump stamina becomes another element to your fight.

     

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member
    Originally posted by Crunchy222e
    (its a big square and the two clans zerg it up).

     

    dude stop saying that it is not a big square, it seems like you watched the part of the fight that started in the entry way (because that is where the person doing the recording was) and didn't bother noticing it then went into the guild complex...that square you keep talking about is nothing more than a big front porch.

  • django-djangodjango-django ElthamPosts: 115Member
    Some things I can understand with people having complaints with the game, such as poor translation. When people complain the combat is lacking that's what bugs me as the combat is some of the best I've seen. At first, sure I was sceptical about the combat as I assumed it was about the flashy martial arts that I saw in crouching tiger hidden dragon, but seeing the skill and strategy involved in fighting I was hooked straight away. The combat works so well with a PVP orientated game, being apart of a battle or a fight rather then seeing who can spam the most attacks. After playing for over a month I see the big picture, and see an MMO that I can thoroughly enjoy.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member
    Originally posted by tommy-xx
    Some things I can understand with people having complaints with the game, such as poor translation. When people complain the combat is lacking that's what bugs me as the combat is some of the best I've seen. At first, sure I was sceptical about the combat as I assumed it was about the flashy martial arts that I saw in crouching tiger hidden dragon, but seeing the skill and strategy involved in fighting I was hooked straight away. The combat works so well with a PVP orientated game, being apart of a battle or a fight rather then seeing who can spam the most attacks. After playing for over a month I see the big picture, and see an MMO that I can thoroughly enjoy.

     

    Its still about spamming attacks though.  Its just the mechanics of the combat system are buggy and clunky...i dont mind that it was terribly slow combat, i liked that there was a bit of thought...it just was executed in a very primative manner.  Little things like  it doesnt matter which direction you face as long as your in your skills range radius the attack works...i mean i was tossing darts behind me...also the buggy nature of some of the animations and mechanics...just didnt sit well.  And to be honest, there isnt much thought involved with the combat...hold your block, spam your good skill, wait for finisher to activate, repeate.  Yeah theres a few cases of countering, thats the small brigh spot in the mechanics.

    Combat, PVE, and even PVP just seem like it takes a back seat to life skills and gathering, i actually toured a decent part of the map across two character, it seemed that was what a vast majority of players were doing...didnt see anyone killing pve mobs, and only saw a few people pvping (actually it was rough finding pvp for me)

    Top it off with the balance issues...there is a reason one of three schools is picked, check out the clan war live streams and count how many royal guards and wudangs there are....

    Im glad some people find the combat in this game 100% flawless, however, some of the threads and posts are crossing the line on being misleading.  I certainly didnt see anything related to the "eve of marshal arts" i had hoped for, and that had to do with complexity of the system and more strategy based combat.  I would barely consider combat stategic.

     

    I rest my case with my title to my thread, the game just wasnt very fun...combat was archaic, something acceptable 10 years ago.  Theres a TON of filler content.  I just feel a lot of posts and threads have been quite misleading.  I can imagine how opinions will turn once the game exits the honeymoon period however, so i guess i can expect inflated praise.

    Yes i will hand it to them, its certainly not your typical korean grinder...it does have substance to it.  Its an improvement in that sense.

  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by Crunchy222e
    (its a big square and the two clans zerg it up).

     

    dude stop saying that it is not a big square, it seems like you watched the part of the fight that started in the entry way (because that is where the person doing the recording was) and didn't bother noticing it then went into the guild complex...that square you keep talking about is nothing more than a big front porch.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/749/view/forums/thread/376237/page/1

     

    links there enjoy.

     

    I think im done here. Ill let the thread fill up with fanboy counters and shallow troll insults.

     

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

    yea I know there is a link there...it's my thread...it is also why I know the mythical "giant square" doesn't exist or you are looking at the entry way and confusing it for the entire area.

     

    edit:

    let me see if I can elaborate,

    This is a map of the guild HQ that was attacked in the video

    In the upper left most portion you see a "big square" that is the entry way to the complex. The front porch where the stables are and where an attacking force would come in. (you may be refering to the map itself as the square but that would be silly as maps are normally square)

    That area look like this, though in the video he had his graphics turned way down you should see the resemblance.

     

    However anyone who has seen a guild structure knows that this is just the front porch to the complex

    which you can go through and then run into the complex

    and then there is more stuff

    now I am not saying that this guild facility is the most complex structure in gaming history.

    but neither is it just a big square

     

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Crunchy222
    Originally posted by tommy-xx
    Some things I can understand with people having complaints with the game, such as poor translation. When people complain the combat is lacking that's what bugs me as the combat is some of the best I've seen. At first, sure I was sceptical about the combat as I assumed it was about the flashy martial arts that I saw in crouching tiger hidden dragon, but seeing the skill and strategy involved in fighting I was hooked straight away. The combat works so well with a PVP orientated game, being apart of a battle or a fight rather then seeing who can spam the most attacks. After playing for over a month I see the big picture, and see an MMO that I can thoroughly enjoy.

     

    Its still about spamming attacks though.  Its just the mechanics of the combat system are buggy and clunky...i dont mind that it was terribly slow combat, i liked that there was a bit of thought...it just was executed in a very primative manner.  Little things like  it doesnt matter which direction you face as long as your in your skills range radius the attack works...i mean i was tossing darts behind me...also the buggy nature of some of the animations and mechanics...just didnt sit well.  And to be honest, there isnt much thought involved with the combat...hold your block, spam your good skill, wait for finisher to activate, repeate.  Yeah theres a few cases of countering, thats the small brigh spot in the mechanics.

     

    Yes i will hand it to them, its certainly not your typical korean grinder...it does have substance to it.  Its an improvement in that sense.

    Sounds like you ready for the $150,000 1v1 tournament. 

     

    Crunchy, these are the biggest misconceptions you have spoke of (well next to the square thing). I'm not trying to insult you, but if me saying what you said, is ridiculous is trolling, so be it. You will not find a more position oreiented x,y,z axis oriented game in any era, well ok EVE, but that's spaceships.

     

  • django-djangodjango-django ElthamPosts: 115Member
    Originally posted by Crunchy222
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by Crunchy222e
    (its a big square and the two clans zerg it up).

     

    dude stop saying that it is not a big square, it seems like you watched the part of the fight that started in the entry way (because that is where the person doing the recording was) and didn't bother noticing it then went into the guild complex...that square you keep talking about is nothing more than a big front porch.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/749/view/forums/thread/376237/page/1

     

    links there enjoy.

     

    I think im done here. Ill let the thread fill up with fanboy counters and shallow troll insults.

     

     

    The counters are quite the opposite of "fanboy" actually since this game is new and in beta phase, we are all here trying our best as players to provide as many informative answers and responses to negative feedback as possible. Why do we do this? Because we enjoy the experience enough to want to share it with others in the community, especially to those who had a negative experience or are hesitant to try it out. 

    As for the "EVE of Martial Arts", it most certainly is not and won't be anything like EVE. They are two completely different games that merely share similar MMO attributes. I prefer this over EVE though as the Wuxia theme is something I've been really looking forward to seeing in a game.

    It's unfortunate though, that your experience has put you off the game to the point of writing a negative thread about it. 

    This game does require patience and has a decent learning curve, sure there are some other points I could retort against your response to my initial one. But like you said, you’re done here.

    Good luck with finding an MMO that suits your needs.

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

    Indeed arguing over whether x is good or not probably isn't going to improve your mood towards the game, but the big square comment was just starting to get on my nerves. If you are looking for a PvE experience, especially one with good PvE grinding mechanics like terra or TSW (I like signet farming in tsw it is ok to pass time), this isn't going to do anything for you period.

    There are some ok boss fights in the instances on hard mode, as in they can be a challange but you would probably not have fun getting to the point where a group would accept you if you didn't enjoy anything but PvE so it is a moot point.

  • BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

    Combat, PVE, and even PVP just seem like it takes a back seat to life skills and gathering, i actually toured a decent part of the map across two character, it seemed that was what a vast majority of players were doing...didnt see anyone killing pve mobs, and only saw a few people pvping (actually it was rough finding pvp for me)

    Top it off with the balance issues...there is a reason one of three schools is picked, check out the clan war live streams and count how many royal guards and wudangs there are....

    PvE certainly takes a back seat - it's there and some of it offers ample rewards, but PvP is the meat and potatoes of this game. And it's not very hard to find all, it's just not sheltered off in some instanced bg that you can queue for. It can happen anytime and anywhere, but it's also very easy to involve yourself in player vs player conflict in multiple ways that are always available.

    Ever tried a spy mission? Patrolling your school? Escorting? Dueling? Kidnapping? Bounty hunting?

    I get the impression that you just wandered around aimlessly expecting great things to happen to you, but that's not the way it works. The game doesn't serve you content, you have to find it and do it yourself. As soon as you're familiar with how the systems work, you'll have too much to do (I know I do, I'm always behind my in game schedule when I log off).

    Note: I'm not trying to convince you here, just countering some of your misconceptions so that others don't think you know what you're talking about.

  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member

    @GrayKodiak WV is one of most fun to spy and hide places, even better if You have horizontal wall run

     

    captured it yst  image

2
Sign In or Register to comment.