Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion: Why WWIIOL is dead.

Comments

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Self promoting ones company as a random player is an ugly trait.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    To early in the day for posting like that chaintm

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    To early in the day for posting like that chaintm

He posted that last night. Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting.

To early for me to read. So touch

You need a hug man

That's quite the non-sequitor.   Or is faux-sympathy just your debate technique?

Or you just have no argument....again

Or you just have no argument....again

huh?  I'm not following you...

I don't either. Idc anymore. It's exhausting talking to some of you.

• hooberhoober Member Posts: 25

Is it possible to figure out how many ppl that are online at any given moment ? Seems to be a well hidden and protected secret despite claims to have thousands of active players.

I once asked this in official forum but that thread disappeared.

You'd have to manually check each mission. I tried once and got bored lol

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    29 pages for a "dead" game.

Impressive more like :) Whilst the game is alive you wI'll continue to try to prove the game dead.
  • battleubattleu Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by axishatr

It's funny how "someone" brings up hacking huh?

How's that "china hack" working for you B  A  R?

When crs tried to save their game and sold out to the china devs.....suddenly there was a "china hack".

Look it up.  Maybe it still works.

CHINA HACK  WWIIOL

ESP, NO BUSH, AIM BOT

Funny how someone is looking at WOT info and finds the hacks right away.  Were you researching your next game to be "good at since day one?"

LMAO

You just made my day.

I've just been linked this from an old WWII friend. Funny thing is  I do know about the China hack. When we had the influx of players from China, a dude was running around the AB firing unlimited ammo, jumping high in the air, and doing all sorts of other nonsense. It's in my nature to want to know how he did it. I used the translator from google and eventually found the hack. 

What is the first thing I did?

Emailed the link to CRS so they could build in detection. 

I do, however, appreciate your compliments on my gameplay. I am glad that I am good enough to warrant such hackusations from you. 

Edit: I should call you by your game name. Thank you Huskergi

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

So aside from apparently giving the code to people who produced hacks, how did the China project turn out?

I always assumed that it was a blunder that did not meet expectations but are they getting any money from the deal? A long time ago I do remember some players from China coming over and playing for a short time on the main server.

That Chinese squad was allied for 1 map and just rolled it alone lol. They had like 60 a night. Was funny as hell

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    Chinea

Szy got a google translator and just about figured out how to tell them to 'Attack here' and 'defend there' heh

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

Okay.

I'm going to start by saying I applaud whomever the person(s) was that decided to step up and make some new eyecandy trailers.  S!  That's been missing for years and I mean a "real" effort, not some little kid at home cutting and pasting video for CRS before mom yells for supper.

The trailer looked pretty good.  We all wish for better graphics, but hey, one thing at a time.

I'd also like to salute an effort in reducing the subscription pricing for ALL.  Yes, there is still that lingering commitment thing where if you have a sick kid, loss of job, or whatever else could come up and suck "play funds" away from you....you will lose your $9.99 pricing and go back to $17.99.  Ouch.  I've been there and it sucks to think that a life event that we all have in life can cost you that kind of hit.  However, it's a start and something that I took on as a personal crusade against CRS to implement.

I might seem like a monster to 90% of you guys and in some ways I am.  You see, as some of you have pointed out, this game DOES draw you in.  The intense battles (when numbers allow it) and the chess match that HC plays (the game behind the game) makes this a truely "you get what you work for" type of simulation.  Remove some CRS strings on HC members and scenarios, and it is really player controlled on all fronts.  It takes TIME, COMMITMENT, and MONEY to be successful here.  There really is no UBER player per say.  Yes, some understand the use of lag, movement, and positions more than others, but really it comes down to working TOGETHER as a team to "win".  I just don't mean whole maps either.  I am talking about those small battles where you fight with your "brothers" to win a small slice of town, an fb, or yes......the map.  It is intense.  SOOOOOOOO......that's why I am so fired up on issues and dive in head first.

This leads me to my next issue, the WWIIOL forums.  Silky, you included young man (yes young as Lipton lets me in on your life a bit...).  I'm faily old for gaming and I simply don't take crap off of anyone.  If I was talked to by some of the mods, or employees in person like I have over locked unrepliable correspondence I'd knock someone out.  It's a flaw of mine, but doesn't water down what I just said.  To those that muzzle and moderate posts, remember that.  You aren't simply deleting some text....you are deleting someones thoughts and heart felt message.  I don't mean the latter MEAN ones....those come after a muzzling.  I am talking about those early ones that YOU don't feel is needed.  That is what starts wars and gets people banned.  Nothing personal anymore Silky...just hold that in your memory banks.  Sometimes people can be taken wrong or taken as snotty.

I took things, many things, on a personal level.  Again, a flaw of mine.  I'm no different then any other person playing, but doesn't water down the fact for me that I've spent well over $4000 on this game.  Computers, upgrades, subscriptions (multiple just like most of you), and even called in sick to run training events and missions.  I've put time in and gave into the system and at one point probably a little to much.  I was fully engulfed in the game.

How can one become so involved in a stupid game?  Why is this any different than going and playing softball with the boys?  Why is this different then paintball games that even cause fights?  None really.  Yes, we are not pshyically running around and sweating, but the mental side of the "game" and the emotions are there.  It is a sim afterall.

That is why after several run in with management, fights over equipment issues, game issues, and the last one for me the pricing brought out the worst in me.  An emotional take to crap guys bad side.  The same drive that had me "all in" with this game brought me toe to toe in a slug fest.  Muzzling the early discussions and then being locked out of the place placed me in a fire of pizzed offness.  Some might relate, others won't but that is where I ended up.  Mad.  Pizzed.  F them......

Moving forward though I seem out and hell bent on damning this company, I am not.  They do need changes.  Have needed changes.  Those are happening finally.  Hopefully not to late.  If me being banned and beating on the biggest drum I can find helps move those changes and gives some of you flat foots some drive to ask for those changes and get them.........AND make this game better and stronger.....so be it.  I am glad everyone is here defending and taking info back to the forums in some way shape or form.  I am glad CRS has been here and seen where those that were thrown out feel.  I'm glad its a place where EVERYONE can come and discuss issues that MODS have been instructed NOT to allow in any way on the "official" forums.  I am glad.  It was needed.

The title of this thread is "Why WWIIOL is NEARLY Dead"...........because at the time it was written it was just that.  It was an opinion of the state of the game and at times it's nearly been pushed over the hump between life and death.  It still is close.  However, with people standing their ground and pushing forward for change and adjustments (pricing and the like) there might be a chance that this thread can be allowed to die instead of the game.  I hope.

I hope attitudes and mindsets can continue to change.  I hope open discussions continue.  I hope less CRS string pulling is needed to make the maps work and the population of PAYING players rises....not just those "freeloaders" that are using free accounts (LMAO, sorry had to guys.......)

I hope that trailers, GOOD advertising, and company internal adjustments make this thread an old worthless thing.  I hope.  I am still a vocal guy, and will be.  I was vocal over the China thing.  I was vocal and pretty mean over Bloody Battles.  I was a crazy dirty mouthed looney with the pricing structure.  Because I felt I had to be.  I gathered a pretty large following on the "official" forums and that was more the reason for the severing of the head more than any personal feeling against me (though those were there to) but I wouldn't trade it.

Keep fighting for what you believe whether that is the game itself for lifesupport or against the things you see needing a change yet.  Pressure and discussion are the keys to keeping things going.....NOT muzzling and banning.

Hoping for more things like the trailer and pricing promos to continue and for an across the boarding pricing change.  Keep the $30 HERO fund going.  If you can pay it, pay it.  If you cannot it would be refreshing to see honest pricing that would bring in more payers then "freeloaders".  Targets are nice but $9.99 for all would be nice to.

S!

• swindlersswindlers Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Stug
    29 pages for a "dead" game. Impressive more like :) Whilst the game is alive you wI'll continue to try to prove the game dead.

Anything posted by the likes of yourself is borderline laughable. Care to tell everyone how long such a staunch supporter was gone before becoming a "devoted" fan again?

Its an entire group of you who got the "rescue our company" email, and hopped on the cheaper pricing. Up to that point, none of you were playing....

So stop with your phoney ,dedicated supporter, sermons.

So because stug is proving that more people like the game than hate, he's a phony , dedicated supporter? I think stug was simply showing a lot of positive support against the mass flame/hate posts in this forum.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Husker great post 

You have probably described %99 of us.

I have a monster temper and patience factor.

I know that posting angry on the CRS forums won't get me any where.

I usually type out my post and then erase it.

I will admit that the MODS are a little MOD happy, but I'm glad we have these forums here.

I know they read them, so we can still get our points across.

S!

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Planetside 2 is a waste. That's a free for all pretty much and has no real strategic value. So I guess that's not even in the same league

SWG has no future and never did. It was a fad that jusy hasn't realized it yet

Planetside 2 is now officially a success story, despite how you twist the truth. There are more people at any given time, in 1 region, then you can ever find in WWIIOL.

It's own in-house game engine is hailed in the industry for it's innovation.

SWG has more players even in it's final days then WWIIOL ever has, and more people remembers and misses SWG after it is gone then WWIIOL is when even though it is still alive.

Success story?

PS2 has had their player base decrease by 50% the last months. The gameplay is just not keeping players in. It doesn't have a strategic level, what you do today doesn't matter at all for further game sessions. WW2ol has that, what you do today has effect on the frontline of tomorrow. And MMORPGS have that in a way where you rank up/get gear. But PS2 doesn't have a ranking system, yeah well pay-to-get-gear. 

I'll say again, PS2 is a lag infestation and a waste of time for guys who like strategy. Wanna log in a just shoot, sure go PS2. Otherwise delete it from your desktop

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    I'll say again, PS2 is a lag infestation and a waste of time for guys who like strategy. Wanna log in a just shoot, sure go PS2. Otherwise delete it from your desktop

I dont know what server you play on but I dont see much lag on my server.  And about strategy, really?  WWIIOL doesnt have strategy unless you are in the HC/OKW and even then you have to be higher up in it otherwise you just move stuff when told to.   There isnt much strategy in WWIIOL.   And dont confuse tactics with strategy.    If you are on the ground working out how to get your group of 4-10 people around the enemy possition, thats not strategy, thats tactics. 

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by MouzurX
    Planetside 2 is a waste. That's a free for all pretty much and has no real strategic value. So I guess that's not even in the same league

Planetside 2 is now officially a success story, despite how you twist the truth. There are more people at any given time, in 1 region, then you can ever find in WWIIOL.

SWG has more players even in it's final days then WWIIOL ever has, and more people remembers and misses SWG after it is gone then WWIIOL is when even though it is still alive.

Success story?

PS2 has had their player base decrease by 50% the last months. The gameplay is just not keeping players in

[citation needed]

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by MouzurX

Success story?

PS2 has had their player base decrease by 50% the last months. The gameplay is just not keeping players in. It doesn't have a strategic level, what you do today doesn't matter at all for further game sessions. WW2ol has that, what you do today has effect on the frontline of tomorrow. And MMORPGS have that in a way where you rank up/get gear. But PS2 doesn't have a ranking system, yeah well pay-to-get-gear. 

SWG still has more players than WWIIOL.   I can tell you the server I am on averages 3000+ players on weekdays and nearly 4000 players on weekends.   I would post a link to the page but MMORPG.com has rules against linking to those servers even though SOE acknowledges it and gave it their blessing.

So much crap, so little quality.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Guys, it's not a 24/7 server anymore, both by the reality of player population and developer intent.

Players in lower-populated time zones affecting the enjoyment of players in "US prime" was a huge complaint that was the source of a lot of drama over the years. First it was too many towns, then it was any large or important town that the guys in lowpop would capture and this would upset the people in US prime.

Hell I think that some of the people posting positive remarks in this thread were part of the "Do something about this CRS or we'll unsub" crowd. If all of the changes over the years weren't obvious enough, there's now direct interventions like Antwerp a few weeks ago that show what the developers think about "24/7 battles, every action counts" gameplay.

Anyway there's mildly comical indicator of why the game is dead that just appeared right now: on the official forums "monsjoex" is asking why don't both sides pick a day of the week to have everyone log in and try to work coordinated operations.

This is exactly what a bunch of squads used to do on Wednesdays and Sundays! Even when I wasn't a part of these squads I logged in because simply piggybacking and helping them out during the big battles was a lot of fun. CRS with the approval of certain players specifically targeted these periods and killed of these large operations with their ridiculous 2+ minutes of spawn delay.

This discussion has been closed.