Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back

DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41

Havnt played AoC since launch + 6 or 8 months after.

I have since heard really good things about how this game has been developed.

Is it worth coming back to now?

How is the population specifically on the PvP servers?

Does Deathwish server have decent activity? How about Tyrrany?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

definitely worth coming back, great game but I don't know how pvp is doing.

population seems good, a lot of new players in Tortage, seems pretty busy to me

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• bronzephishybronzephishy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I was in the same boat left and cameback...I would recommend tyrany as its pvp and has more population it seems...felt refreshing to return to a fun combat system then spamming 123 keys 
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Game is still popular in the lower lvls and final lvls. Mid lvls are pretty dead zone though. Not a fan of the new microtransaction but game had to do what it had to do to survive.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    someone mentioned that it will be B2P instead of microtransaction world. Perhaps they will do it when the new tradeskill and crafting system come out... Meanwhile I would say get in there so that you at least have an account and a client in the case they decide B2P.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

Having never played the game before and just subbed last night.

Got to lv18 and was in a grp pvping 4 other ppl in Tortage and looting their coins n boe items...and omg it was a blast! More fun in recent times than with any other mmo as of late. 

I hope pvp end game is holding its own as it should tide me over til the heavy hitting mmos this Fall/Winter.

So by all means try it out...I was tempted and bought the Rise of the Godslayer expac too but you dont have to.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by PvP4Life

Having never played the game before and just subbed last night.

Got to lv18 and was in a grp pvping 4 other ppl in Tortage and looting their coins n boe items...and omg it was a blast! More fun in recent times than with any other mmo as of late. 

I hope pvp end game is holding its own as it should tide me over til the heavy hitting mmos this Fall/Winter.

So by all means try it out...I was tempted and bought the Rise of the Godslayer expac too but you dont have to.

One of the reasons that people used to never leave Tortage for months on end is because PVP around lvl 20 is the best PVP you'll experience in the game.

LVL 80 PVP is purely gear based.  Until you have the gear, and it will take months to get, then you'll just be a punching bag for people who are already geared.  It's about as much fun as beating yourself in the head with your own keyboard.

If you're playing AoC for the high level PVP, then I would consider looking elsewhere right now before you spend too much time and end up frustrated. 

If you're playing AoC for the PVE, then you're in the right place.  It has probably the best PVE content I've ever seen in an MMO.  Take your time and try to do all the dungeons you can as you level up.  Some of the lower and mid level dungeons are just brilliant fun.  I used to do some dungeons repeatedly, even though I didn't need the gear at all, but because they were a lot of fun to run.

Awesome Thanks for your input :D 

Yeah I dont mind being a punching bag in end game pvp lol I am a sucker for this risk/reward type of pvp.

• ZenzahZenzah Member Posts: 7
    For PvP roll on Deathwish server. It's hardcore only one toon allowed and no offiline levels. No twinking alts and stuff just pure blood and gory rules. However for good player population play on Set the PvE server (no world PvP). Mini's are popping a lot more than last year however that only happens at level 80. For world PvP though, go to Deathwish that server needs love. Tyranny I heard is actually on the decline whereas Deathwish has it's surges and now is the surging time .. not sure if it will stay like that though.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    They have been talking about the crafting re-do for 2 years and its still not done.I'm waiting until they fix what should have been done before launch. I wish  the company realized just how important it is to a segment of players.
    I know... have been taking for ever, but the rumor is that it is as good as a new game on the side that has to do with skills, crafting, gathering of resources and the marketplace/auction house/economy. There will be more greed in the game when new system is out. If you want to know my secret speculation on this. I think they will pack this in with a new starter area, some more endgame and sell the game as a new release B2P.

The Ultimate Breakdown

would be great if it was b2p...would probably increase pop too.

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    I decided to give this game another shot after reading this thread.  It brings back memories from 2009 when I first started to play it.  Game is beautiful as far as visuals go.  I'm only about an hour in but I must say that it's sort of refreshing giving this a 'go' again.  Enjoying the different aspect of combat that the game lays out as well.  
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    This game really shines on current graphics hardware like a GTX 6xx card. Cranked up maximum view distances, DX10, godrays, HQ textures, bloom, water reflections from everything, underwater caustics and all other options and this looks simply fantastic like a fresh 2013 title

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    They have been talking about the crafting re-do for 2 years and its still not done.I'm waiting until they fix what should have been done before launch. I wish  the company realized just how important it is to a segment of players.

It will release alongside the Anarchy Online engine upgrade, 2018. That upgrade has been talked about for what, 6 or 7 years now? I would really love to play AO again, but while I don't consider myself a graphics whore the current engine is just unbearable for me. For such an old game with tons of content, an engine overhaul with b2p rerelease could make it new all over again with a brand new fan base. AoC doesnt need nearly as much work to make it comparable to most any new or upcoming game, its almost there already.

Originally posted by Stryx74
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

It will release alongside the Anarchy Online engine upgrade, 2018. That upgrade has been talked about for what, 6 or 7 years now? I would really love to play AO again, but while I don't consider myself a graphics whore the current engine is just unbearable for me. For such an old game with tons of content, an engine overhaul with b2p rerelease could make it new all over again with a brand new fan base. AoC doesnt need nearly as much work to make it comparable to most any new or upcoming game, its almost there already.

Age of Conan does not need anything on engine or graphics side. It is the no 1 MMO game graphicwise in the world period. It's even better than TSW.

But they could get that damn crafting stuff out.. with those new tradeskills and another starter area... If they wrapped that shit up and got it out the door as a B2P version.. they could be able to resurect the entire game.

The Ultimate Breakdown