Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GOAL: 300 HERO BUILDERS (CURRENT: 108)

10 days to go for the "must need" by Feb 15th.  Can they do it!?!?!?!!  I think there is a better chance that Bigfoot and Elvis have lunch with me next week then the goal being met.

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Comments

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    That's a shame
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

What's the absolute peak server population now, 200-350? I'm wondering how many paid accounts that translates in to.

If there's only a few hundred people even bothering to subscribe to the game(at $9.99 or $17.99) then I think that expecting 300 of those guys to pay $30.00 is very unrealistic. Even if they have 1-2000 subscribers then it's still too high as there's no real benefit to becoming a builder; in fact the last group of builders got screwed out of their money and CRS shut down that program.

Also for a company so secretive about their subscription numbers and game population it's strange that they've had such a measly number splashed on their web site. The Rapid Assault kickstarter was also a blunder because it broadcast to the world how much enthusiasm there is for the company...499 pledges total and the campaign didn't reach half their goal.

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    For so many of you who hate CRS and have in subbed , you sure care about where and how it's going.

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    Un subbed*

• ginzoginzo Member Posts: 23

[mod edit]

Ultimately what is said on this forum about WW2OL and the Rats has no effect, good or bad, on what happens to CRS.  Nobody from the outside world is even aware of this particular forum.   The only people here are current and past subscribers.    CRS is a privately held company  with low upkeep and it's very likely that the game will last another ten years.   Will CRS get out of this rut to hire new programmers and artists to push the game forward?   Your guess is as good as mine but if it at least doesn't get the greenlight on Steam then I'd say there's a good chance the game will continue to stagnant. 

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
    You get banned again?

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by pittpete
    You get banned again?

Nope

Originally posted by ginzo

[mod edit]

Ultimately what is said on this forum about WW2OL and the Rats has no effect, good or bad, on what happens to CRS.  Nobody from the outside world is even aware of this particular forum.   The only people here are current and past subscribers.    CRS is a privately held company  with low upkeep and it's very likely that the game will last another ten years.   Will CRS get out of this rut to hire new programmers and artists to push the game forward?   Your guess is as good as mine but if it at least doesn't get the greenlight on Steam then I'd say there's a good chance the game will continue to stagnant. 

Well said

CRS is a privately held company  with low upkeep and it's very likely that the game will last another ten years.     

If this is the case and you believe it to be true,  why is there a feeling of "desperation" on the part of CRS clearly stating they "Must" have 300 HERO accounts by Feb 15th?  I don't even think the biggest supporters here of CRS can confidently say they will be here another 10 years.  How did that kickstarter drive work?  Or....why did they reduce the number of accounts needed from "1000" to "300" AND remove the thermometer from the front page showing progress?  Perhaps they were embarrassed by the numbers for the current drive,  or shall I say LACK of numbers.

-Rig

It was never 1000 hero accounts.

Don't know how many times you need to be told.

It was combined Hero's, new subs and welcome back accounts combined.

Also why do you care, didn't you unsub?

Oh, thats right you got banned recently and now the game and it's DEVS suck right?

It was never 1000 hero accounts.

Don't know how many times you need to be told.

It was combined Hero's, new subs and welcome back accounts combined.

Also why do you care, didn't you unsub?

Oh, thats right you got banned recently and now the game and it's DEVS suck right?

I indeed unsubbed but my account is active until the 21st there so I will take full advantage of it.  Banned?  No...I was giving a weeks vacation from ONLY the forums several weeks back.  Banned means permanent removal of the account.  Since I am still a paying customer and was one for 11 years,  I have every right to express my displeasure with this company and will continue to do so for as long as I wish.   As a consumer, that is my RIGHT.

Like I've said in previous threads.

When people post false or incorrect  info I will call them out on it.

If you are posting about your dislikes for the game or its devs I can only hope to change your mind.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Rigamortis

CRS is a privately held company  with low upkeep and it's very likely that the game will last another ten years.     

If this is the case and you believe it to be true,  why is there a feeling of "desperation" on the part of CRS clearly stating they "Must" have 300 HERO accounts by Feb 15th?  I don't even think the biggest supporters here of CRS can confidently say they will be here another 10 years.  How did that kickstarter drive work?  Or....why did they reduce the number of accounts needed from "1000" to "300" AND remove the thermometer from the front page showing progress?  Perhaps they were embarrassed by the numbers for the current drive,  or shall I say LACK of numbers.

-Rig

Ha, they have been doing this schtick for years. What they do is scare their loyal fanbase (who has no where else to go) and tell them of impending doom if they don't come up with rent. And you know what? It works.

Sure, they might not meet their goal of 300 hero subscriptions. But they don't need to. See it's a win/win scenario for them. If it succeeds they can hire a new developer or two. If it doesn't succeed they've still suckered in a lot of players into buying hero accounts - which is extra pocket money.

This game is not going anywhere I can assure you that. For most companies it's either success or pull the plug. Here with CRS, on the other hand, they have the freedom to just "get by" because they're pretty much a local company of friends.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

And if thats the case, why are you offended?

If your not one of the loyal fanbase people giving them $$$$ why does it bother you?

The goal is to hire someone to get 1.35 out the door.

If they hire a coder we get new stuff.

If they don't, people who are content with the current game will still be there.

If they don't hire someone soon then I won't be subbing anymore.

I'm trying to help the game and the players, not the developers.

I'm trying to help the game and the players, not the developers. 

I did that for years only to watch the developers ruin it.  There is only ONE answer to this problem.  Remove/Fire the entire staff / dev team and start over.  That includes the "volunteer" RATS as well.

-Rig

How does an owner/creator of a game fire their self?

How does an owner/creator of a game fire their self?

Have the owner of Playnet / CRS sell it to somebody more capable.  I am sure there would be enough interest if a bunch of fans / players got together and  pooled their money to buy the rights.  I mean,  look what the diehard fans of SWG did.  SWGEMU.....

Now you're talking...

I could dig that.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Somebody should start a kickstarted project to raise funds to buy WW2O from those boobs at CRS & Playnet. If enough funds ar raised, we can hire our own dev team.

Hard part is selecting a person the majority could trust to handle the business side. I'd only agree to put in money knowing that I was buying shares or going to be reimbursed from profits from account subs.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

The way the world works now a days, I'm afraid you can't trust anyone.

Would be great if an independently wealthy techhie bought the rights and hired KFS1 back from Blizzard.

Put him in charge and slowly hire a new dev team.

Tell DOC he gets to keep his job if he first goes to Charm school...LOL

I would donate ALOT of money if CRS sold the game to another company. This game is good, dont get me wrong, but it has be driven into the ground by the company behind it.

5days left until 15th, are they near their target? :)

Originally posted by Abyssuss

5days left until 15th, are they near their target? :)

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

116 :)

A slow and steasdy pace wins the race...:)

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Too slow to make the deadline.