Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Live Streaming Developer Tour TODAY!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bill, Garrett, and Suzie will be participating in a Neverwinter Live Streaming Developer Tour from 4-6pm EST (1-3pm PST) today, Wednesday, February 6th. It's definitely a must see for fans of the upcoming game from Crypic Studios. Join us in our MMORPG.com Live Stream channel for this exclusive event.

The live event will include a dungeon delve, higher level features, information about group combat mechanics, and a chance to see Neverwinter's voice chat system for a live Q&A with the devs, all ahead of this weekend's first beta event. Don't miss out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Hope we hear about crafting and open world PvP, and if the ranged ranger will come soon after release.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Tropikana
    [mod edit]

yet it's a F2P game.. no need to spend any money at all

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

free players are restricted to 2 character slots.

That's it, as far as I know.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Arcona

free players are restricted to 2 character slots.

That's it, as far as I know.

or are given a bonus character slot ;) half full vs half empty

• KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59
    [mod edit]
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    EVERY gamer needs to do themselves a favor and checkout a Facebook page called "Neverwinter Alert" before spending money on Perfect World products.  Just good advice, to watch your money with this company.

Are you the same guy that accuses everyone of not agreeing with you on the STO forums of being some sort of  PWE double agent?  I'm still waiting for my PWE paycheck because I was diabolical enough to like season 7.

A whole 2 posts on that account.  I think I see someone with an agenda.

• sylum69sylum69 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Can someone ask them when CO will get its devs back...please...
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Bill, Garrett, or Suzie will there be a replay of this on the site tomorrow?  I am working during those time frames and would love to watch a replay.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

I would guess replay will be on www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom after
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yep, and we'll upload to YT and import to the site after as well.  :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

wonder if there will be beta key giveaways at the same time ;)
  • ValentynValentyn Member Posts: 11
    Hope we hear about crafting and open world PvP, and if the ranged ranger will come soon after release.

There's no open world pvp.

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by Valentyn

Actually they have mentioned a form of open world pvp in their interviews... of course without details. 

Looking forward to this!

a good question here:

The server structure has been vague, they talk about making one giant server like Eve Online? omg?

source

yes there will

source http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNMqSWF1aU&t=27m00s

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

yes there will

source http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNMqSWF1aU&t=27m00s

There's open world, you press a button and you're added to a que, when it's time to fight you get transported to a coliseum (not an arena!) for the pvp. It's a very open coliseum.

J/k.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    I will be there. Looking forward to seeing this.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Apparently people don't seem to get this game.  It's going to be something like diablo.  Action combat, everything instanced, dungeon crawler, very shallow gameplay, not really an mmo. 

thanks God.

D&D at its core is about Running dungeons and other adventures with friends and this is what the game offers.  For thsoe MMO players who are predominantly interested in Running missions, dungeons and aquiring loot with the use of a group finder then this is the game for YOU.  It doesnt do alot of things but the things it does do are what I am most interested in.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by adam_nox

Apparently people don't seem to get this game.  It's going to be something like diablo.  Action combat, everything instanced, dungeon crawler, very shallow gameplay, not really an mmo. 

See my post above.  This is actually what I want out of an MMO.

I would still be playing GW2, SWTOR or TSW if they had a dungeon finder and any game that refuses to release a queing system similar to WoW for running dungeons and aquiring loot is a bad game imo.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Looking forward to this stream. If I like what I see enough, I might even purchase a founder's pack because I am idiot (the beta access - it tempts me).

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• meszarszekmeszarszek Member Posts: 1

the question im interested ... based on previous neverwinter games :P if there is an option to make your own class? not fixed classes like control wizard or anyother its not like i have problems with but meh  300 ppl roaming as control wizard is kind of boring :D

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    I bought a founder's pack... the guardian one, since I didn't get a key from the stream. Too late did I realize it's more expensive if you're in EU. $59 is not the same as €55. Curses! Oh well.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• drchocapicdrchocapic Member Posts: 27

Played the game this week and it's much improved compared to the last time I played.

I'm actually planning to try it up at launch now.

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107
    How many classes will there be at launch and what will they be?