Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game...

Is Zenimax focusing on PvP or PvE?

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

Comments

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    3 faction RvR. Large PvP zone ( Cyrodiil). Pretty sure its goin to be PvP.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    They have said there will be raids, public quest system, deep crafting that will support a deep player econ, battlegrounds PvP and RvR. Sounds to me they dont have a focus on one area more then another. I think it will be more like 25% RvR, 40% level content, 25% raids and 10% crafting. Seems where most MMOs like this land. 
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I didn't think TES had an end game, the game ended when you stopped playing it.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    There's no battlegrounds pvp.

Deliberate and imo good design decision.

They've also talked about gear. There won't be a wow/eq style raiders get all the goodies system. Pve, pvp and crafting gear is of equal quality.
    One other thing with pve, they have both instanced dungeons and open dungeons.

Going out on a limb but I'm guessing they will have huge outdoor everyone join in inclusive style raiding too - in the vein of daoc & coh. That was afterall friors area on daoc.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    There's no battlegrounds pvp.

Yes...there is. All PvP will be in PvP instanced zones which is what a PvP battleground is...and yes, they were called battlegrounds in DaoC long before WoW came along and people started to accociate the word with mini-pvp instances.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

No a battleground (in the sense of wow and everything since) is an instanced pvp match in a small area between fixed teams which you queue to enter. Once they have enough players to fill the teams the match comences, usually involing some bobbins like capture the flag.

TESO does not have those

Cyrodil is a large area where pvp is flagged , there are objectives to capture, towns and dungeons familiar from oblivion are dotted about and other pve content. There is no match. There is no queue. There is no waiting until the teams are full.

ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THING.

Daoc battlegrounds were their own beast. They were mid sized zones you used for pvp while leveling. Again they were persistent rather than instanced matches.
    One other thing with pve, they have both instanced dungeons and open dungeons.

Going out on a limb but I'm guessing they will have huge outdoor everyone join in inclusive style raiding too - in the vein of daoc & coh. That was afterall friors area on daoc.

The old EQ1 MMOer in me almost cried a little when I read this. I miss my old days in uppper and lower GUK. People who know what that means will be as happy as I am. I like instanced dungeons but there is nothing like a good old fashion dungeon crawl to bring a community together.

No a battleground (in the sense of wow and everything since) is an instanced pvp match in a small area between fixed teams which you queue to enter. Once they have enough players to fill the teams the match comences, usually involing some bobbins like capture the flag.

TESO does not have those

Cyrodil is a large area where pvp is flagged , there are objectives to capture, towns and dungeons familiar from oblivion are dotted about and other pve content. There is no match. There is no queue. There is no waiting until the teams are full.

Daoc battlegrounds were their own beast. They were mid sized zones you used for pvp while leveling. Again they were persistent rather than instanced matches.

For the point of the thread this is not a point. ESO will have a lot more then just PvP. More then one kind of dungeon. Crafting system that has been said will have some weight to it. Open world dynamic/public quests. This game is not focused on PvP or PvE. Its a mix bag of nuts. Kinda how I like my MMOs. I hope it gets player housing as well, as that was an awesome part of Elder Scrolls.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    The most important thing I take from the interviews is that they are striving to reward all play styles equally.  No more mechanic enforced caste systems.....yay!  Of course, this doesn't mean a pile of beans if they break from this philosophy after release when the raiders and PvPers raise hell about their play style deserving better rewards than questers and crafters and small party content.

I'm hoping they bring back daoc huge realm wide pve raids too. It's not just pvp I'm interested in. I have a good enough pvp mmo at the moment with planetside2, what's lacking in mmo these days is the stale wow style pve. Which is why I've gotten through over 600 hours in skyrim since launch and countless other hours in minecraft and terraria.
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    So I am guessing Zenimax is offering us "trail mix" here and pick what you want.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

The devs have had the right words falling out of their mouths about end game so far. Things like "we want to make sure our game is sticky", "adventure zones are end game content that can be done solo", "You'll need to do a bit of everything to get the absolute best gear" and "beta will last until we think the game is ready for launch" etc.

Plus their RvR plans sound interesting (alternate advancement, starving out keeps etc), so even if pve end game is a bust i will have that to play for a while (plus the other 2 factions to level up in), but the RvR would have to be pretty damn amazing if theirs no pve end game and the game is asking for a sub.

How well things end up is anyones guess tho, because yes the right words are coming from the right mouths, but they are words i've heard time and again.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

TESO does not have those

Yeah those DAoC BGs were a necessary evil once the RvR zones became the stomping grounds for the 50s. I was there at the beginning when 50 of us (in our 20s) could wipe at just the keep lord fight :)

The 15 minute tiny WOW style BGs came much later and totally screwed up what people today think about PvP. Throw modern-day BGs back in time to the early days of MMOs and players would say "wtf id that shit?" But FPS lobby players would have been right at home.

I'm glad TESO won't have them and decided to go with the GW-like boost to max level instead..

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED