Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We all can't like the same game

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by grimal

I particularily like this one from 11/26/11 (see below). 

Now, If I'm wrong, I have no problem admittinb to my error. But when you make a soapbox based on a mountain of hypocrisy, don't expect much empathy, OP.

That is SWTOR and I guess GW2 is excactly like SWTOR right?

If GW2 was a classic made themepark then you had a point but It's not, we all know SWTOR failed bigtime so I dont see how your post have any form of mening.

Has GW2 failed?

So you didn't even read your OP?

sigh nevermind, dosen't seems people understand what I mean.

No, people understood your OP, it's just that with your post history (see Edit below, found in seconds) it is sheer hypocrisy.

I bashed ToR something chronic in the first half of last year, so if I posted an OP like yours, like you, I would have no legitimate comeback to a charge of hypocrisy.

You got nailed, deal with it and move on.

edit: 21.08.10 "Unforgiveable rape to the greatest IP ever existed by Cryptic. This game needs to die."

Well then I'm a hypocrit then.

Those games I have bashed have been not that very good considering the IP they have been using.

Like STO, great IP for a EVE kind of freeroam MMO in my mind, instead we got a shoebox universe with little to explore and with 90% fighting (at first), much has change so I'm told.

Same with SWTOR, a great IP ruined with the first ever made railpark MMO, for me these are legit complaints and bashing materials I have played them both I have got to lvl 32 in TOR and RA in STO and what I wrote is not lies.

Many haters and trolls in GW2 do bash GW and It's ok if they know what they are talking about and if they dont lie, like some guy sead he played GW2 and you unlock every skill when you are lvl 5.

It's the liers I dive on to tell em they are wrong.

Kinda funny that guy who quoted me in out of context to prove my OP is faulty sure It can look that way but it depends on the game is it not.

The thing is though, there are people who feel about the games you bash (tor, sto, etc) exactly the same way as you feel about GW2.  You seem to be pulling the old George Carlin line "Your stuff is shit, my stuff is stuff."

That might be the case if TOR and STO were smashing success.

You know what happend to those games right?

Because GW2 broke every mold and everyone loves it, right?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Now, If I'm wrong, I have no problem admittinb to my error. But when you make a soapbox based on a mountain of hypocrisy, don't expect much empathy, OP.

If GW2 was a classic made themepark then you had a point but It's not, we all know SWTOR failed bigtime so I dont see how your post have any form of mening.

Has GW2 failed?

No, people understood your OP, it's just that with your post history (see Edit below, found in seconds) it is sheer hypocrisy.

I bashed ToR something chronic in the first half of last year, so if I posted an OP like yours, like you, I would have no legitimate comeback to a charge of hypocrisy.

edit: 21.08.10 "Unforgiveable rape to the greatest IP ever existed by Cryptic. This game needs to die."

Those games I have bashed have been not that very good considering the IP they have been using.

Like STO, great IP for a EVE kind of freeroam MMO in my mind, instead we got a shoebox universe with little to explore and with 90% fighting (at first), much has change so I'm told.

Same with SWTOR, a great IP ruined with the first ever made railpark MMO, for me these are legit complaints and bashing materials I have played them both I have got to lvl 32 in TOR and RA in STO and what I wrote is not lies.

Many haters and trolls in GW2 do bash GW and It's ok if they know what they are talking about and if they dont lie, like some guy sead he played GW2 and you unlock every skill when you are lvl 5.

Kinda funny that guy who quoted me in out of context to prove my OP is faulty sure It can look that way but it depends on the game is it not.

The thing is though, there are people who feel about the games you bash (tor, sto, etc) exactly the same way as you feel about GW2.  You seem to be pulling the old George Carlin line "Your stuff is shit, my stuff is stuff."

What does the success of a game have to do with a person's enjoyment of it?

Mutually exclusive.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by xArsonistx
    [mod edit]

With good numbers I don't see the need.  NCsoft earnings report.  If you don't like the game you probably feel this way, but the truth is the game is doing wonderfully well.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    [mod edit]

With good numbers I don't see the need.  NCsoft earnings report.  If you don't like the game you probably feel this way, but the truth is the game is doing wonderfully well.

Those are good numbers. The game isn't my cup of tea, but hats off to ArenaNet for a successful game. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

+1  Well Said

Unfortunately people here dont read, but *read into* what is said.

No one seems to have issue with what he said in that post...it's just every other post he's made that kind of ruins the msg.

Lets face it, this thread has kind of gone

1) people shouldn't bash games just because they don't like it.

2) But you bash games all the time

1) Yeah but those games sucked.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    [mod edit]

Those are good numbers. The game isn't my cup of tea, but hats off to ArenaNet for a successful game. 

Nice response. I wish all folks saw things the way you do. I like the game but hope for some changes down the pipe. I play a couple times a week but know it's always there for a good time. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Their parent company isn't though.

328,000 -> 132,500 share price isn't 'good numbers'.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by jpnz

Their parent company isn't though.

328,000 -> 132,500 share price isn't 'good numbers'.

So $40M->$110M =$150M.

At an average of $30 a box that is 5M boxes.

That is lots of gems. :)

And I thought people said B2P revenue dwindle really fast cause it was box based.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Calerxes

SNIP!

Torgrim is Lance Armstrong and I claim my £5.

Don't you have to see him strolling along the promenade with a copy of GW2 under his arm to claim the £5

I've seen him already in this virtual world we all inhabit and diposited the virtual £5 in my virtual bank account.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by DamonVile

+1  Well Said

No one seems to have issue with what he said in that post...it's just every other post he's made that kind of ruins the msg.

I'm just waiting until it gets to the bit where Torgrim says " but my dads bigger than your dad so nerrrrr!"

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

+1  Well Said

I'm just waiting until it gets to the bit where Torgrim says " but my dads bigger than your dad so nerrrrr!"

So how big is your dad?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• xArsonistxxArsonistx Member Posts: 31

Wow NCsoft earnings report from a just released a super hyped gw2. Lets see how it does in the coming year. I assuming not so well considering its alrady been dieing off for months.

Heres some facts Most zones are empty.

WvW is only done by a hand ful of servers and the pop caps are so low you can only imagine about 4k concurrent wvw players worldwide. Just off the top of my head lets see 3 bl's Anet changes the # of people allowed in every patch because of their abysmal culling but as someone with 20k wvw kills I would guess its around 70-80 on the BL's maybe 120 on EB. Lets see only 2 tiers take wvw seriously In NA and EU soooo thats 6 servers....You get the point do the math. Or do you actually think every server has wvw ques? lol.

Spvp there is only about 200-300 players in the browser an maybe 2-3 teams running tourneys. Spvp is tied to your region so ALL OF NA there is only maybe at best 400 people in spvp? rofls.

You can walk all of gw2 on the highest population server an you might see 1-2 other palyers and about 100 bots.

Please enlighten me where all these die hard gw2 players are. Its not like I havn't played the game 2 lvl 80s over 40k wvw kills on both chars. 

Entire 500 peopel guilds have left this game.

Yeah tho earnings reports must be a blockbuster...hell even i got fooled they got my money lets see the earnings report after everyone buys the game then realizes its poooo

In your mind tho I guess spvp is super popular with 60k twitch viewers every zone is filled to the brim with pvers wvw has ques on all servers yeahhhhhhh.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Wow NCsoft earnings report from a just released a super hyped gw2. Lets see how it does in the coming year. I assuming not so well considering its alrady been dieing off for months.

Heres some facts Most zones are empty.

WvW is only done by a hand ful of servers and the pop caps are so low you can only imagine about 4k concurrent wvw players worldwide. Just off the top of my head lets see 3 bl's Anet changes the # of people allowed in every patch because of their abysmal culling but as someone with 20k wvw kills I would guess its around 70-80 on the BL's maybe 120 on EB. Lets see only 2 tiers take wvw seriously In NA and EU soooo thats 6 servers....You get the point do the math. Or do you actually think every server has wvw ques? lol.

Spvp there is only about 200-300 players in the browser an maybe 2-3 teams running tourneys. Spvp is tied to your region so ALL OF NA there is only maybe at best 400 people in spvp? rofls.

You can walk all of gw2 on the highest population server an you might see 1-2 other palyers and about 100 bots.

Please enlighten me where all these die hard gw2 players are. Its not like I havn't played the game 2 lvl 80s over 40k wvw kills on both chars. 

Entire 500 peopel guilds have left this game.

Yeah tho earnings reports must be a blockbuster...hell even i got fooled they got my money lets see the earnings report after everyone buys the game then realizes its poooo

In your mind tho I guess spvp is super popular with 60k twitch viewers every zone is filled to the brim with pvers wvw has ques on all servers yeahhhhhhh.

I generally take 5 minutes to know if I like a game or not.

Some people are slow...

Pics or never happened - a line saying xarsonx MMORPG would be good too.

Ah.

By the way GW2 is overwhelmingly PvE, not PvP.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Has GW2 failed?

Amen.

I am surprised this wreck of topic went on for 7 pages though. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

What I see in general problem with so people, many in need of professinal help, is that they will flame over and over game that is not to their liking. They will shit over and over on any possible forum.

On the other side, I'm kind of person, that will protect game i care about, but for games I do not like, I forget they exist. I might use them as bad example or alike in some forum when appropriate, but will never ever "hunt" down that game.

+1  Well Said

So how big is your dad?

Not as big as yours obviously. image Though Torgrim you have been caught with your hand in the till so a formal apology to all the other games you have bashed I think is in order now and then we can take it that you are a reformed character and not laugh at and ridicule anything you write in future.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Has GW2 failed?

But that isn't what your point seemed to be in the OP.  Your point seemed to be "some people like this game and some people don't, why do those that don't feel the need to come and bash it?" (I'm paraphrasing of course).  The point I'm making is, you want people who don't like GW2 to just leave it alone, but you didn't do that yourself to other games. 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

MMO's are basically like the Highlander.  There can be only one.*

*it doesn't matter that I have about 10 of them installed on my hard-drive and have loved/hated all of them at one time or another, depending on my mood.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Well see, thats what WoW did to the industry... Made everyone think that every game was made just for them.. We can't even begin to imagine a game that actually has something that we don't like, but someone else might..

Too diverse of an industry and as an acronym to be closed minded about it all..

+1  Well Said

So how big is your dad?

Not as big as yours obviously. image Though Torgrim you have been caught with your hand in the till so a formal apology to all the other games you have bashed I think is in order now and then we can take it that you are a reformed character and not laugh at and ridicule anything you write in future.

Apology to things I've sead 4-5 years ago?

lol, this thread have really gone down the tube might aswell lock it.

Has GW2 failed?

But that isn't what your point seemed to be in the OP.  Your point seemed to be "some people like this game and some people don't, why do those that don't feel the need to come and bash it?" (I'm paraphrasing of course).  The point I'm making is, you want people who don't like GW2 to just leave it alone, but you didn't do that yourself to other games. 

You can bash GW2 howmuch you like I really don't care if you have legit reasons for not liking it.

But many basher here simply just lie about things just for lolz.

Those games i have bashed I had legit reasons and didn't lie about things.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Has GW2 failed?

You can bash GW2 howmuch you like I really don't care if you have legit reasons for not liking it.

Oh boy.  Ok, I think this is all going above your head.

Has GW2 failed?

Then I simply stop posting in this thread then.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Did anyone else see the yellow text in the post quoted above me and immediately think "YES GOT A RARE!!"
  • FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166

Has GW2 failed?

Then I simply stop posting in this thread then.

You should've never made it in the first place since you have proven time and again you are trying to set rules you feel do not apply to you.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.