Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We all can't like the same game

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Gotta love the post history posters who tuse it to make a point.

Besides GW2 is not your typical themepark game now is it.

Yeah no one likes being judged by their previous actions. We should all just be judged on whatever we say in the moment. Screw hypocricy !

Wow.... I have never seen such a sick burn.

My god...

I agree that if you really want to say something like 'hey like what you like!', having posts like 'I hope this MMO crash and burn!' in your post history is probably not a good thing.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yeah no one likes being judged by their previous actions. We should all just be judged on whatever we say in the moment. Screw hypocricy !

Wow.... I have never seen such a sick burn.

My god...

I agree that if you really want to say something like 'hey like what you like!', having posts like 'I hope this MMO crash and burn!' in your post history is probably not a good thing.

Some games do deserves that.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Sincerely I've never understood people that got to forums of games they don't play (unless they are considering playing it)) or a game that they tried but isn't their style.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by ktanner3

Dosen't matter if a game is the best ever made or the worst ever made there are always people who enjoy or hate it right.

A lot of people do like GW2 and some don't really like it at all and It's ok,  we dont twist the same way, we are all looking for that special flake MMO, but sadly that will never happend due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

For me GW2 is on the right track, is the best game ever made?, no not for a long shot but Anet dared to take a risk and for me it payed off, for some it didnt.

What I'm trying to say here is just try to emprace the change and cross your fingers that hopefully your dream MMO will be made.

You know, you should take your own advice....

/pull post history...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2/11/09

Don't bash the carebears hardcore war pvpers, heres som news for ya, the entire game is a bigfat carebear pvp mmo.

12/13/08

Im hoping for  both games to succeed becuse im so damn friggin tired of all the themepark MMO's outhere.

3/9/09

I take it you are like 14-15years old?

3/2/10

That there is so many rabit fanboy defending this game when a  whole MMO commuity says otherwise.

Granted the game was fun for the first 2weeks and yes i'm a startrek fan, it was fun at first with all the startrek stuff and looks, but after my second week i really got fed up with it and yes you all read why people get fed up with this game so i wont post it.

I am so damn mad over Cryptic/Atari for putting out such a joke of a game, they basicly labled players as dumb retards.

I really hope this game crash and burn fast and i fear it will.

And that was from just a quick glance.

Really dude, you are one of the LAST posters on this forum that should be giving  lessons in forum civility. But it is interesting to see you change your attitude once it's your game being bashed. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

Can you please let me know on what sub forum those posts were made, the last one i know is far STO, I don't remember the other ones.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Still chuckling over "rabit fanboy".

Peter Cottontail endorses our MMO!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Still chuckling over "rabit fanboy".

Peter Cottontail endorses our MMO!

And here I thought we were past chasing the carrot on a stick...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Dosen't matter if a game is the best ever made or the worst ever made there are always people who enjoy or hate it right.

A lot of people do like GW2 and some don't really like it at all and It's ok,  we dont twist the same way, we are all looking for that special flake MMO, but sadly that will never happend due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

For me GW2 is on the right track, is the best game ever made?, no not for a long shot but Anet dared to take a risk and for me it payed off, for some it didnt.

What I'm trying to say here is just try to emprace the change and cross your fingers that hopefully your dream MMO will be made.

You know, you should take your own advice....

/pull post history...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2/11/09

Don't bash the carebears hardcore war pvpers, heres som news for ya, the entire game is a bigfat carebear pvp mmo.

12/13/08

Im hoping for  both games to succeed becuse im so damn friggin tired of all the themepark MMO's outhere.

3/9/09

I take it you are like 14-15years old?

3/2/10

That there is so many rabit fanboy defending this game when a  whole MMO commuity says otherwise.

Granted the game was fun for the first 2weeks and yes i'm a startrek fan, it was fun at first with all the startrek stuff and looks, but after my second week i really got fed up with it and yes you all read why people get fed up with this game so i wont post it.

I am so damn mad over Cryptic/Atari for putting out such a joke of a game, they basicly labled players as dumb retards.

I really hope this game crash and burn fast and i fear it will.

And that was from just a quick glance.

Really dude, you are one of the LAST posters on this forum that should be giving  lessons in forum civility. But it is interesting to see you change your attitude once it's your game being bashed. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

He nailed you. Pot meet kettle

Originally posted by grimal

I particularily like this one from 11/26/11 (see below). 

Now, If I'm wrong, I have no problem admittinb to my error. But when you make a soapbox based on a mountain of hypocrisy, don't expect much empathy, OP.

That is SWTOR and I guess GW2 is excactly like SWTOR right?

If GW2 was a classic made themepark then you had a point but It's not, we all know SWTOR failed bigtime so I dont see how your post have any form of mening.

Has GW2 failed?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Bossalinie

Those games required a second life to be good at the economy aspect. RPG or not, it's still digital entertainment. I think some are trying to lose themselves inside  the game. Made sense 15 years ago when we were young and dumb...

Didn't take that much time in SWG as an example, log in, check a harvestor, retrieve stock from manufacturing locations, set a macro,walk away. Log off when you wake up (if need be).  I spent no more time in that game than I do today, I had no more free time in 03 than I do now. I'd say it's easier to play casually in that type of game, considering you set your own goals.

Sounds thrilling.  Yeah, I want gaming to head in this direction again... not.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Now, If I'm wrong, I have no problem admittinb to my error. But when you make a soapbox based on a mountain of hypocrisy, don't expect much empathy, OP.

If GW2 was a classic made themepark then you had a point but It's not, we all know SWTOR failed bigtime so I dont see how your post have any form of mening.

Has GW2 failed?

So you didn't even read your OP?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Bossalinie

Those games required a second life to be good at the economy aspect. RPG or not, it's still digital entertainment. I think some are trying to lose themselves inside  the game. Made sense 15 years ago when we were young and dumb...

Didn't take that much time in SWG as an example, log in, check a harvestor, retrieve stock from manufacturing locations, set a macro,walk away. Log off when you wake up (if need be).  I spent no more time in that game than I do today, I had no more free time in 03 than I do now. I'd say it's easier to play casually in that type of game, considering you set your own goals.

Sounds thrilling.  Yeah, I want gaming to head in this direction again... not.

Each to their own...Some people enjoyed the ability to set up their own little shop and keep it supplied, other's like myself enjoyed having those people around to support our endeavors in the more thrilling aspects of the game.

But I agree who wants any game to go back to offering many different ways to play, all we need is combat...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by SuperDonk

Has GW2 failed?

sigh nevermind, dosen't seems people understand what I mean.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Has GW2 failed?

No, people understood your OP, it's just that with your post history (see Edit below, found in seconds) it is sheer hypocrisy.

I bashed ToR something chronic in the first half of last year, so if I posted an OP like yours, like you, I would have no legitimate comeback to a charge of hypocrisy.

You got nailed, deal with it and move on.

edit: 21.08.10 "Unforgiveable rape to the greatest IP ever existed by Cryptic. This game needs to die."

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Tetris is a great game. Some like it, some hate it. And it's B2P, so you if you paid for it and feel scammed, remember that you can return to it whenever you want because it doesn't force a subscription on you.

End of the day, Tetris is not for everyone. Deal with it.

I didn't know Tetris was a MMO ,,,,first time I've seen it discussed here

I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that you can copy and past the op to nearly every game ever made.  You can find at least a few fans of every game.  I'm sure I could find someone that even liked E.T. for the 2600.  But yes, you could copy and paste the op to nearly every game subforum on this site, and it would be equally as accurate.

Has GW2 failed?

I'm pretty sure they are saying this because in your op you seem to have this "live and let live" attitude about games, but your post history suggests a history of doing what you don't want people to do with GW2. 

Originally posted by RefMinor

Has GW2 failed?

No, people understood your OP, it's just that with your post history (see Edit below, found in seconds) it is sheer hypocrisy.

I bashed ToR something chronic in the first half of last year, so if I posted an OP like yours, like you, I would have no legitimate comeback to a charge of hypocrisy.

edit: 21.08.10 "Unforgiveable rape to the greatest IP ever existed by Cryptic. This game needs to die."

Well then I'm a hypocrit then.

Those games I have bashed have been not that very good considering the IP they have been using.

Like STO, great IP for a EVE kind of freeroam MMO in my mind, instead we got a shoebox universe with little to explore and with 90% fighting (at first), much has change so I'm told.

Same with SWTOR, a great IP ruined with the first ever made railpark MMO, for me these are legit complaints and bashing materials I have played them both I have got to lvl 32 in TOR and RA in STO and what I wrote is not lies.

Many haters and trolls in GW2 do bash GW and It's ok if they know what they are talking about and if they dont lie, like some guy sead he played GW2 and you unlock every skill when you are lvl 5.

It's the liers I dive on to tell em they are wrong.

Kinda funny that guy who quoted me in out of context to prove my OP is faulty sure It can look that way but it depends on the game is it not.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Has GW2 failed?

I'm pretty sure they are saying this because in your op you seem to have this "live and let live" attitude about games, but your post history suggests a history of doing what you don't want people to do with GW2. 

Yes that's true for those who played the game and wrote what they felt was good and bad and why they won't return, those was my target with my OP.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

SNIP!

Those games I have bashed have been not that very good considering the IP they have been using.

Like STO, great IP for a EVE kind of freeroam MMO in my mind, instead we got a shoebox universe with little to explore and with 90% fighting (at first), much has change so I'm told.

Same with SWTOR, a great IP ruined with the first ever made railpark MMO, for me these are legit complaints and bashing materials I have played them both I have got to lvl 32 in TOR and RA in STO and what I wrote is not lies.

Many haters and trolls in GW2 do bash GW and It's ok if they know what they are talking about and if they dont lie, like some guy sead he played GW2 and you unlock every skill when you are lvl 5.

Kinda funny that guy who quoted me in out of context to prove my OP is faulty sure It can look that way but it depends on the game is it not.

Torgrim is Lance Armstrong and I claim my £5.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Everyone has reasons for liking or disliking games. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Doesn't mean your reasons for bashing TOR and STO is any more important than those who bash GW2. 

And don't even try and say you were quoted out of context. Those are your EXACT quotes. They are right there in your post history for everyone to see. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Has GW2 failed?

Yes that's true for those who played the game and wrote what they felt was good and bad and why they won't return, those was my target with my OP.

While that may have been the point of your op, I think the point of others is that you haven't done this with other games, so why should someone listen to you when you haven't "practiced what you preach" so to speak.

Has GW2 failed?

The thing is though, there are people who feel about the games you bash (tor, sto, etc) exactly the same way as you feel about GW2.  You seem to be pulling the old George Carlin line "Your stuff is shit, my stuff is stuff."

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Calerxes

SNIP!

Torgrim is Lance Armstrong and I claim my £5.

Don't you have to see him strolling along the promenade with a copy of GW2 under his arm to claim the £5

Has GW2 failed?

The thing is though, there are people who feel about the games you bash (tor, sto, etc) exactly the same way as you feel about GW2.  You seem to be pulling the old George Carlin line "Your stuff is shit, my stuff is stuff."

That might be the case if TOR and STO were smashing success.

You know what happend to those games right?

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

+1  Well Said

Unfortunately people here dont read, but *read into* what is said.