Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Now Free To Play Worldwide

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gameforge and En Masse Entertainment have announced that both the NA and EU versions of TERA are now free to play as of Tuesday, February 5th. Players will need to download a patched version of the game to access the F2P options.

From the TERA Rising NA release:

In-game content launching today includes an all-new wave-based dungeon and a PvP battleground map. The multi-level Crucible of Flame dungeon will challenge players with a series of epic, high-level battles, and PvP players can jump into an all-new three vs. three battle arena. Two new game servers, one PvE and one PvP, also launch today to give players the option of joining a fresh server or one with an existing community.

Gameforge has released a new trailer for the EU TERA:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I'm pretty excited to play today, I enjoy the game a lot.  I'm looking forward to the new server for a fresh start with all the new players.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Scellow
    [mod edit]

The server should be up at 7am PST / 10am EST.  Just be thankful they're trying to spread the word...

• KitsunechiiKitsunechii Member Posts: 10

I just regret not making 8 different characters before they changed it to 2 slots... well at least i have 3 <,<

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Scellow
    [mod edit]

It's "go to hell" anyways :p

Be nice, folks lol.

Not their fault the servers might have gone down in the mean time. I was able to log in at 8:00 AM before leaving for work at 8:30.

I know of a guildie who was online 3 hours before that. The servers were already up at around 3 AM CET.

https://twitter.com/TeraEurope

It went up early:

Then restarted:

There are more tweets since. Keep checking their forum/twitter, when in need.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    Thanks for the update about the game going free to play. Already downloaded the game and right now it is patching. If anyone wants to party up and make a group. I'm all in send me a message on here.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

This should prove to be a stepping stone for TERA if all goes well. It had incredible success in Korea, most likely what influenced the change here.

TERA has climbed from 22 ranked game in Korea to 13 in the month since F2P was released.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Gogo Tera. All the best now :)
    Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Did they create a new server as well?

I'll definitely be hopping on tonight...around 5:45pm EST if anyone cares to group up.

Edit: Just saw the two new servers.  I'll be going on the PVP one...Lake of Tears,  Anyone care to group up?

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    People thought Tera had too many sexist trolls before F2P, now it will be beyond worse. I feel sorry for those few decent gamers in that game.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    People thought Tera had too many sexist trolls before F2P, now it will be beyond worse. I feel sorry for those few decent gamers in that game.

Actually, it's one game where I don't mind the toxic community.  It makes up for the lack or lore/story.

• WontoonRooWontoonRoo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Kitsunechii

I just regret not making 8 different characters before they changed it to 2 slots... well at least i have 3 <,<

If you bought the game before, you should have the full 8 slots.

• Frenchie1234Frenchie1234 Member Posts: 5
    My authorization keeps failing when I try to login. I already changed my password en reinstalled the game with a fresh download and still the same bullshit. If this is how they welcome new players, then the game will die out before the end of this year...
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Frenchie1234
    My authorization keeps failing when I try to login. I already changed my password en reinstalled the game with a fresh download and still the same bullshit. If this is how they welcome new players, then the game will die out before the end of this year...

An issue specifically related to you that they obviously did on purpose is why nobody is in-game right now, there aren't queues to login and the game will be dead.

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123

Worldwide is misleading, no IP block to half of the world anymore? Or is that conveniently kept silent still?

---------------------------------

Apologies, it seems that Tera Europe is not blocking players from Africa or Asia yet.