Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

FTP Tera? How does it work?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentArabi, GAPosts: 1,095Member

Thinking about picking this up as a side game to WoW since its going F2P... 

How much impact is the CS going to have?

Comments

• MarcelinoMarcelino BlackburnPosts: 116Member Uncommon

Ive just installed it want to give it a try.

I heard the questing is a grind but WoW was also so I'm used to that.

I found this that explains the F2P limitations - http://tera-europe.com/tera-club.html

Dont understand what the Dungeon refesh thingy means?

EDIT - ok so I just logged on for the first time and I'm 1985 in the queue with a 45 min wait LOOOOOOOOOOL

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Nowhere, TXPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Marcelino

Ive just installed it want to give it a try.

I heard the questing is a grind but WoW was also so I'm used to that.

I found this that explains the F2P limitations - http://tera-europe.com/tera-club.html

Dont understand what the Dungeon refesh thingy means?

EDIT - ok so I just logged on for the first time and I'm 1985 in the queue with a 45 min wait LOOOOOOOOOOL

The dungeon refresh probably refers to the cooldown. Most instances have a timer. leveling instances just a few minutes the lvl60 instances can be a up to 6 hours cooldown. with elite 6 hours becomes 3 and a 2 hour cooldown is 1 and so on. Two endgame instances MCHM and SG are limited to 1 or 3 entries per day respectively. with elite they simply double that so you can do MCHM twice a day back to back but not a third.

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/how-long-is-the-dungeon-lockout-period

All die, so die well.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member

From the last time i played this game, a few things will stand out for you new players.

The combat, either your going to love it or hate it. The intro dropps you into some "dream" or "vison" where your character is decked out will all his skills...which was confusing but once i realized what was happening it was nice to play my class in full before proceeding. Dont be confused.

Second, the world is stunning to look at, absolutely gorgeous, and continues to amaze for much of the game.  Its just fantastic to look at while enjoying the combat (if the combat is appealing to you that is)

Third, your going to be hopping from quest hub to quest hub, this game throws an assload of quests at you, most repeatable. There are some dungeosn which are fun, as well as large open world mobs which are very hard to solo (but it can be done) they are called BAM's.  Youll be quest hubbing with the standard affair quests, spending the time required to kite drop a BAM, or in one of the few dungeons as your main mode of play.  This might not appeal to you, and eventually it gets a bit old, no matter how awesome the world is to look at or how fun the combat mechanics are.

Endgame is lacking, and it takes a considerable amount of time to get there.

When it goes free you might as well try it out.  Its fantastic until the quest hubs get stale, your milage may vary.