Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO here ESO there

exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Im not hyped for this game at all. I never played Elder Scrolls serie, but it sounds to me alot like this game was made for fanboys only and some diehard leftovers from DAOC.

Weve seen Star Wars-wich appealed also only to his fanbase, fall from the sky-faster than you could say: Scoty, beam me up.

So why do you think ESO will be the next big thing?

Well i think it will flop because it carters only a handful people that are into those kind of hardcore games. its like shadowbane, even if it was (for me) the best pvp game, it shut down. You guys out there that want to play ESO- your just a handful. The game is just 2 hardcore to appeal to the masses.

And are you aware that this game wont have a big playerbase at all?- like many mmos that have this kind of style.

Thats why i think ESO will hit f2p in 6-8months. Free 2 Play or FAIL to Pay. 

"Edit: Some people got mad , i apologies. Speaking the truth must hurt :(0

"Edit2: just lock this thread, to many trolls joined. Some of them even drink beer.

*Edit3: ESOs full of fanboys-hyped fanboys-some of them resemble gollum of LOTR-my "precious treasure". funny people here, just wont accept the truth- becuase theyr world might scatter.

*Edit4: i didnt expect less from Daoc vets and all hardcore pvp players here. There is a good reason why u all act like this and why you always looking for hardcore pvp games. Guess what? only a fool wouldnt see. keep it going. I can take you all night long.  btw. ive asked you guys a question. i highlited it this time.

Comments

• SoulrynSoulryn Member Posts: 11
    Hehe, another prophet who knows the future.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Who's gonna win the world series this year Nostradamus?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

Wow... that was insightfull... and deep.

It will take years for me to absorb that quantity of information in your opinion.

I will now retire to my chambers and ponder on this... in silence.

Thank you so much for the opportunity you've given me to actually think about it on a different and more serious angle.

(I'll ask luke to beam me up now through the event horizon... scotty must be on his day off at the Star Destroyer somewhere around the Orion's Belt)

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    I would love a little more insight on why you think this game will flop? It may, time will tell. Just wondering.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by exile01

"Edit: Some people got mad , i apologies. Speaking the truth must hurt :(

Or maybe they are just mad at your attitude?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

What truth dude? Everybody knows that stuff said when you're high doesnt count!

Please do explain where this theory comes from.

Theres no truth in this besides a far fetched theory from a guy who cant even tell starwars apart from startrek and stargate.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Crazyhorsek

Theres no truth in this besides a far fetched theory from a guy who cant even tell starwars apart from startrek and stargate.

just accept it, only ESO fanboys will jump in. hate it and cry in this forum after release.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

just accept it, only ESO fanboys will jump in. hate it and cry in this forum after release.

"quit while you're ahead" seems like pertinent advice here.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Bah. I got trolled. Thought you had some facts to prove your stuff.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299

Do I hope the game does well? Yes. Am I looking forward to it? Yes. Will it be a great game? No Idea. Do you know what you are talking about? I highly doubt it.

Personally I dont care whether it has or doesnt : PvP, Quests, Raids, OW, Instanced World, seamless world, is P2P, is F2P, has a low population.

None of these things are my main reason for wanting to play this game. Though a few would be nice perks.

My main reasons are: ES style stealth and sneak attack, and sneak attack bonuses, and pickpocketing, lockpicking, and robing people blind. If Zenimax can pull these things off in a good (not even perfect) way, then Ill probably be more than happy. I love stealth games and have never seen a good implementation of stealth/rogue/thief/assassin mechanics in an MMO.

On the other hand they may completely fail to satisfy me in this area, but that remains to be seen.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I remember my first beer.
  • ZyxxZyxx Member UncommonPosts: 49

Hahahaha.. Biggest laugh to day from this.. TY OP...  :D

Btw your comparison, is shyte. It's 2 very different genre.

Let me get out of this crappy thread.. LOL

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Amsai

My main reasons are: ES style stealth and sneak attack, and sneak attack bonuses, and pickpocketing, lockpicking, and robing people blind. If Zenimax can pull these things off in a good (not even perfect) way, then Ill probably be more than happy. I love stealth games and have never seen a good implementation of stealth/rogue/thief/assassin mechanics in an MMO.

On the other hand they may completely fail to satisfy me in this area, but that remains to be seen.

You might want to not hold your breath and just keep watching the news on some things. I highly doubt you can rob other people, even in the PvP zone. Pickpocketting might only work against NPC's. Stealth I hope will be a case of position and noise reduction but..who knows.

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299

Oh believe me, I understand. Im not losing sleep over it or anything. But the last MM to give me any hope in this direction was Mortal Online I think?

Regardless, it will be what it will be for better or worse. And if its worse, I still have my offline stealthy games and Neverwinter and Pathfinder to check out (D&D nerd, my other passion). Because they cant be worse than DDO......... or can they??!!?

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

lol troll harder, champ. Btw, I always start threads about  games that I am not hyped about.

i have no idea how this game will turn out and I am an elder scrolls fan. What I am not is psychic.

Say hi to Mada Clio for me!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by spankybus

lol troll harder, champ. Btw, I always start threads about  games that I am not hyped about.

i have no idea how this game will turn out and I am an elder scrolls fan. What I am not is psychic.

Well guess what? i just did the same. Im not hyped the slightest about this game. But instead of you i have a clear idea how this game will turn out, because all and i mean all of the games that have this kind of setting will fail in long term.

Originally posted by spankybus

Well guess what? i just did the same. Im not hyped the slightest about this game. But instead of you i have a clear idea how this game will turn out, because all and i mean all of the games that have this kind of setting will fail in long term.

Please go into detail... I want to see where this is going.

" i have a clear idea how this game will turn out, because all and i mean all of the games that have this kind of setting will fail in long term."

Seriously... get into details. Don't spray and pray, be precise.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    [mod edit]

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

I don't know whats more entertaining, OP's blatant use of opinions = facts or the subsequent decimation of the poor guy by everyone on the forum.

Amusing either way.

Originally posted by UMADBRO

Im not hyped for this game at all. I never played Elder Scrolls serie, but it sounds to me alot like this game was made for fanboys only and some diehard leftovers from DAOC.

Weve seen Star Wars-wich appealed also only to his fanbase, fall from the sky-faster than you could say: Scoty, beam me up.

So why do you think ESO will be the next big thing? (While you ask yourself that question maybe you notice that you have no clue at all, or maybe its the next big thing?-->wich means you have no clue at all)

Well i think it will flop because it carters only a handful people that are into those kind of hardcore games. its like shadowbane, even if it was (for me) the best pvp game, it shut down. You guys out there that want to play ESO- your just a handful. The game is just 2 hardcore to appeal to the masses.

And are you aware that this game wont have a big playerbase at all?- like many mmos that have this kind of style.

Thats why i think ESO will hit f2p in 6-8months. Free 2 Play or FAIL to Pay. 

"Edit: Some people got mad , i apologies. Speaking the truth must hurt :(0

"Edit2: just lock this thread, to many trolls joined. Some of them even drink beer.

*Edit3: ESOs full of fanboys-hyped fanboys-some of them resemble gollum of LOTR-my "precious treasure". funny people here, just wont accept the truth- becuase theyr world might scatter.

No need to apologize, its not the truth that hurts its the stupidity that does.

Well i wont be for sure the one that pays them a cent. Only fanboys will be fooled.

Please don't. The community will be better for it. We appreciate your non patronage.

• ShredinShredin Member Posts: 2

Don't buy the game then?

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    The ES series was unique because it had an MMO style for a single player game. When it goes online ESO will be just another fantasy MMO. It shoud have a decent following but I fail to see why anyone should play it over any other open world.
This discussion has been closed.