Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Deepworld: Almost Alone In this World

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

DeepWorld is a sandbox title from Bytebin that brings familiar features to players in a stark, post-apocalyptic world. We've been playing a lot of DeepWorld lately and offer our official review. See what we've got to say before diving into the comments with your thoughts.

The world hasn’t got the bling of 3-D mobile games with full character animations, voice-overs, and waving grass, but it is a 107 MB download, not 600 MB. For a 2-D game, they’ve managed to pull the pieces together and the world looks seamless. But for a plaque with the builder’s name or protectors which prevent the structure from being taken down, you would not be able to tell if you’ve encountered a long abandoned part of the world or one that has been built by a player. As the game progresses and environmental effects (acid rain) begin to erode buildings, unless maintained, player buildings will also show wear.

Read more of Carolyn Koh's DeepWorld: Almost Alone In this World.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    why does this review state the game is free to play with item mall.. yet the game page lists it as a $5 retail price. .. is this game freedium or pay to own?? other then that.. is it just for apple junk or can it be run on a normal desktop?
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    It looks like a really akward Terraria; the combined detail and simplicity kind of weirds me out.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Originally posted by Ichmen

why does this review state the game is free to play with item mall.. yet the game page lists it as a $5 retail price. .. is this game freedium or pay to own?? other then that.. is it just for apple junk or can it be run on a normal desktop?

Nice attitude, i'm sure the community would be glad to have you.

Ichmen, to answer you without insulting you here is what I gathered -

It is free to play.  Purchasing the premium pack gets you a few perks including in game currency.

It seems to be designed for in-app purchases.  You play, need something, pay a bit to get it.

It seems very geared towards apple products, and the windows release is listed as a pre order coming soon.

Glad to actually help. :)

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

thankyou kadepsyson for explaining the confusing game page here lol. 

i personally hate apple products so unless/until its a supports win-os of some sort ill pass on it lol

• emma520emma520 Member Posts: 7

Thank you for this.

With a deep world filled with both danger and treasure, the game allows me to explore around in search of items while battling monsters, mine and craft items to build my own ideal house, and play with friends in the endless adventure and fun.

• FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I think it would be fun... I'm a pc gamer though.
  • HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

This is just a bad re-make or Terraria

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Odd that he choose mac to release the game on first.. i guess thats one way to limit your player base.. sure lots of people have ipads these days but still the majority of people play these type of games on their PC...

Anyway the site does say awindows version is on its way.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198
    Ichmen, to answer you without insulting you, It's not an apple product. I mean really. Come on. It run on a MAC for sure, that doesn't make it an apple product. 

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"