Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WvW dislike pay for transfer

2»

Comments

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386
    Originally posted by korent1991

Hidden cost would mean we didn't know about it and nobody ever mentioned this would happen...

But we did know, they talked about it alot even before the game was out and everything they have in the cash shop or things they charge for - it was all said before the game event started with beta weekends. So if you got cought up in hype, you probably heard about those things, unless you just didn't care (but then you wouldn't care for anyhting they're charging, right?)

I was speaking of the hype machine, like these very forums, where extremist fanboys were badmouthing subscription and F2P games for having these same paid services.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Murashu
    Originally posted by cronius77

wait so let me get this straight you are mad and crying because players now have to pay money to realm hop to the best world vs world servers??? I never in a million years expected to hear crying here about this .....man now ive heard it all .....

I think a lot of people got caught up in the GW2 hype and believed all the claims of free service after they purchased the game. They are just now realizing that the B2P model has a lot of the same hidden costs that F2P and subscription games have.

It was never a hidden cost, they told people this would be coming.. in fact, this whole time people have been able to transfer for free.  It was a bonus to be able to do so for this long. 

But I do find it hilariously ironic that the OP called GW2 "cheap Asian F2P crap" while listing Forsaken World as a top MMO in another thread.  Seriously.

Not only was it not "hidden" but by the very nature of  W v W v W free server transfers are a hinderance to the game.  It created all kinds of problems, especially for the first two months when it was at the height of popularity.  Being able to transfer for free with few hinderances was very problematic.  

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You can always reroll on a new server, won't cost you anything. Move along, nothing to see here.

remember that in order to reroll on a new server you have to delete all your characters. Your server is your home world. With that said, im totally ok with paying for server transfer...

and the idea of charging depending on how populated the servers are is smart and fantastic. Blizz should do that (transfer price depending on population) now that they are adding GW2 features into WoW also lol

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by Murashu
    Originally posted by cronius77

wait so let me get this straight you are mad and crying because players now have to pay money to realm hop to the best world vs world servers??? I never in a million years expected to hear crying here about this .....man now ive heard it all .....

I think a lot of people got caught up in the GW2 hype and believed all the claims of free service after they purchased the game. They are just now realizing that the B2P model has a lot of the same hidden costs that F2P and subscription games have.

Hidden cost would mean we didn't know about it and nobody ever mentioned this would happen...

But we did know, they talked about it alot even before the game was out and everything they have in the cash shop or things they charge for - it was all said before the game event started with beta weekends. So if you got cought up in hype, you probably heard about those things, unless you just didn't care (but then you wouldn't care for anyhting they're charging, right?)

"Hidden" does not necessarily mean "previously unannounced". 

Quote from http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/hidden-cost.html:

Expense not normally included in the purchase price of an equipment or machine, such as for maintenancesuppliestraining, and upgrades.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

just go on forum and look all rants posted.
    last time I saw anything like that was on rants part of runescape, when both were not dead.

So far I bet guys found new way to make some cash: and you pay from 300 gems up to 1800!

I'm fully disgusted my idea they introduced this method only for push you once again to silly Item Shop...

Seems this game is nothing else but cheap asian f2p crap.

good news for all lovers of GW2: I'm not a hater, just wanted correct product for my money + I move to Tera now.

Really, you call non asian game asian crap and move to...wait....wait....wait....REAL f2p asian crap.

lol +1

Oh, and transfes were never intended to be free, and you have guesting, but nooooooo, lets QQ about non-existing problem.

Originally posted by rojo6934

remember that in order to reroll on a new server you have to delete all your characters. Your server is your home world. With that said, im totally ok with paying for server transfer...

and the idea of charging depending on how populated the servers are is smart and fantastic. Blizz should do that (transfer price depending on population) now that they are adding GW2 features into WoW also lol

You have guesting, so if youre not WvWvW bandwagoner theres 0 problem with paid transfers.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

again I'm not responsible of what others keep post on forum, I mean official GW2.
    I'll not link all here as are really a many posts about this issue.

From my part I don't care much about WvW, all I need is this stuff can be considered as PvP (shown as such on official forum, btw) and don't ask me to go there for any reason.

I hate games with limited content forcing you to use all they offer.

May be you guys find it normal, but to me hidden costs mean: very small and account bound
    banking space (you need to buy more spots), only 5 char slots compare to usual 8 (debatable) and even announce that after 5 months of playing service X became payable.

I like Forsaken World better for many reasons I can develop here or just read what I post on their forum as it can be more appropriate. Anyway this game may be asian but far from being cheap.

Beside for all over GW2, I'm careless more and more now, as this game keep stole my items (like recipe I used and never seen it on list, nothing corrected after GM report etc), give me tech issue every day (yay for non-stop beta participation), try to hook me to grind and give me nothing to do.

I go there for sometime, farm a bit, go out. 0 social, 0 pleasure. Great game. Let's talk about me and my gaming preference instate of seen obvious fail of GW2 hypo.

Must admit I was pretty much hyped too and hated like everyone who told me to be careful about... Sorry guys, I was wrong.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    You aren't linking threads because they aren't there.
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

just go on forum and look all rants posted.
    last time I saw anything like that was on rants part of runescape, when both were not dead.

So far I bet guys found new way to make some cash: and you pay from 300 gems up to 1800!

I'm fully disgusted my idea they introduced this method only for push you once again to silly Item Shop...

Seems this game is nothing else but cheap asian f2p crap.

good news for all lovers of GW2: I'm not a hater, just wanted correct product for my money + I move to Tera now.

/facepalm

We've knew knew since the CBEs that home world transfers were going to be restricted soon after release.... you are just flaunting your own ignarance

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Wow, this thing is still goin? I think by now we all knew they where goin to do this. They have a Guesting system so you can play with your friends on different servers, but it would be limited in WvW.

They also stated they would have a cash shop too. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Gem_Store

Not sure why this would be a surprise to anyone who took some time to check into the game before jumping in.

Is it a good game? I got my moneys worth out of it. I dont play it anymore for my own reasons. Just not that the Cash shop was goin to cost money. Its actually a decent cash shop compared to some other ones I have seen.

To the OP, sorry you feel like you got taken. May I suggest you take a few moments to check out a game before playing it.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

again I'm not responsible of what others keep post on forum, I mean official GW2.

From my part I don't care much about WvW, all I need is this stuff can be considered as PvP (shown as such on official forum, btw) and don't ask me to go there for any reason.

May be you guys find it normal, but to me hidden costs mean: very small and account bound
    banking space (you need to buy more spots), only 5 char slots compare to usual 8 (debatable) and even announce that after 5 months of playing service X became payable.

I like Forsaken World better for many reasons I can develop here or just read what I post on their forum as it can be more appropriate. Anyway this game may be asian but far from being cheap.

Beside for all over GW2, I'm careless more and more now, as this game keep stole my items (like recipe I used and never seen it on list, nothing corrected after GM report etc), give me tech issue every day (yay for non-stop beta participation), try to hook me to grind and give me nothing to do.

I go there for sometime, farm a bit, go out. 0 social, 0 pleasure. Great game. Let's talk about me and my gaming preference instate of seen obvious fail of GW2 hypo.

Must admit I was pretty much hyped too and hated like everyone who told me to be careful about... Sorry guys, I was wrong.

My question to you, would be, WHY do you feel you need to transfer servers.  you can already do dungeons with whoever you want, you can already play with people on other servers through guesting, the tradepost is game wide.  There really ae zero reasons outside of WvW to transfer. 

If it were a population concern, well, they announced a while back that free transfers would stop, you should have taken advantage of it before then.

/shrug

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

How did you think they were goin to make money of there game?  Game arent just made for everyones playing pleasure. Companies make them to make money.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

You're wrong for a different reason than you stated.  First of all, you said you need to pay for bank slots.  No, actually.. you don't.  It's a gem store service just like any other one and for only a handful of gold depending on transfer rates, you can get it for free.  The ONLY money-only charges for the game are the box and server transfers.  You're still going on and on about nothing.  But you're right, you were wrong.

Does Forsaken World allow you to earn cash shop services through just playing the game like GW2 does?  Don't cast stones from a cheap F2P glass house.

The main thing you were wrong about was that they "announced" 5 months in that a service would become payable.  Maybe you haven't read the scores of other people's posts correcting you, so just in case:

NO THEY DIDN'T.  IT WAS ALWAYS KNOWN THAT IT WOULD BE A PAID SERVICE, YOU JUST DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION AND NO ONE IS TO BLAME BUT YOU.

There we go.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

You're wrong for a different reason than you stated.  First of all, you said you need to pay for bank slots.  No, actually.. you don't.  It's a gem store service just like any other one and for only a handful of gold depending on transfer rates, you can get it for free.  The ONLY money-only charges for the game are the box and server transfers.  You're still going on and on about nothing.  But you're right, you were wrong.

Does Forsaken World allow you to earn cash shop services through just playing the game like GW2 does?  Don't cast stones from a cheap F2P glass house.

Server transfers cost gems as well, so you can get those for free.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon

Server transfers cost gems as well, so you can get those for free.

Geez, you're right.  So essentially, after all those months of whining, GW2 is a B2P game without even the slightest need to buy with real money.  Notice how all of those people who got so offended by it are now silent?  Yeah, me too.

Originally posted by Acidon
    [mod edit]

Why thanks, I am.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Acidon
    [mod edit]

Ehm, this was known before launch, its not their fault people are ignorant.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The main thing you were wrong about was that they "announced" 5 months in that a service would become payable.  Maybe you haven't read the scores of other people's posts correcting you, so just in case:

NO THEY DIDN'T.  IT WAS ALWAYS KNOWN THAT IT WOULD BE A PAID SERVICE, YOU JUST DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION AND NO ONE IS TO BLAME BUT YOU.

There we go.

you can still pay gold for server transfers because they cost gems, and you can get gems with gold always :)

So as you said you can get everything for free but the box. :)

Everything else, I agree with you.

EDIT: damn, I see someone else posted the exact thing, well.. xD nvm

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Yeah, thanks to both people who corrected me.  I only remembered seeing the gem amount on server transfers after I read those posts.  Essentially, if you want to work a little extra and save money, it's doable.. heck, it's not even that hard.  I bought a guaggan backback and the gold to gem transfer rate at the time was only like, maybe 5 gold.  That's easy to make.  You'd save 5 bucks or so just selling the mats in your bank.
    Yeah, thanks to both people who corrected me.  I only remembered seeing the gem amount on server transfers after I read those posts.  Essentially, if you want to work a little extra and save money, it's doable.. heck, it's not even that hard.  I bought a guaggan backback and the gold to gem transfer rate at the time was only like, maybe 5 gold.  That's easy to make.  You'd save 5 bucks or so just selling the mats in your bank.

If I recall it's a variable rate as well... something like 800 gems to transfer to a low pop server, 1300 or so for in the middle and 1800 to get to a high pop server. But with guesting in place the only reason you'd need a full on transfer is for WvW.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    • Medium: 500 Gem.png
    • High: 1000 Gem.png
    • Very High: 1800 Gem.png

Oh BTW this person is not posting these links of the threads created of the 100s of players mad because there I think 2 threads with like 5 posts lol 
    Originally posted by elitero
    • Medium: 500 Gem.png
    • High: 1000 Gem.png
    • Very High: 1800 Gem.png

Oh BTW this person is not posting these links of the threads created of the 100s of players mad because there I think 2 threads with like 5 posts lol 

Ah, thanks for that. I'm on a high pop server so was only confident of the 1800 it would take people to get to JQ. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Why do people even read what lovely_laly types up. Its always bashing in broken english untill someone calls him/her out then the game isnt so bad.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by TCTC
    Why do people even read what lovely_laly types up. Its always bashing in broken english untill someone calls him/her out then the game isnt so bad.
    feel free to put me to ignore and enjoy your game w/o to know what going on there.

P.S. why someone need to tell all others what to do?

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by TCTC

feel free to put me to ignore and enjoy your game w/o to know what going on there.

P.S. why someone need to tell all others what to do?

Everyone has an opinion ...the problem with the OP was you made statements as facts ...and then you couldn't supply any proof when called on the facts .

P.S. I'm sure if we want to know what's going on in GW2 you being put on ignore really won't effect things one way or the other