Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What I see as ESO's possible pitfall.

124»

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Ah another thing would be lost uniqueness of factions, although on the upside it would be easier to balance. But I kinda like unique classes to factions, its a useful tool for promoting hostilities or even buffing the underdog.

I understand your point but I see it more in terms of how it affects PvP (seeing as the current design FORCES PvP restrictions onto everyone irrespective of the players desire for PvP or not). I would much prefer a game where, upon seeing a Group of Orcs you are cautious because you are unsure if they are allies or the enemy (ignoring any kind of red highlight kind of system of course). If ALL Orcs are the enemy then it take a lot of the thrill away personally.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    3rd point will be the lore behind pvp. With the system as is you can bet there will be a ton of quests building uo as your character advances to promote animosity to the other 2 sides. That would be lost.

Overall I don't this your system is bad though. I was afraid you were going to say pve everywhere with a voluntary /pvp switch

What if every quest replaces the word faction with Great house for example. Why would having animosity to a great house be any different to another faction? I honestly cannot see how it changes anything other then the naming convetions involved (And I am under no illusion this will happen, just discussing how I tihkn it should have been done and my incredulity as you why paid professionals did it this way).

No, I only have 1 problem with the information released so far and that is faction locks and how it affects the PvE side of things. I PvP but it isn't why I play MMO's, I see PvP as just a mechanic to tell the story. SO my main concern is that so much of what I expect from having TES turned into an MMO is being perverted to satisfy their PvP design when, as best as I can see, there is actually NO reason a better way could have been done. A way that does not have such a huge impact on the PvE but maintains all aspects of the PvP as it currently is, but replaces factions with great houses.

Originally posted by PongLenis
    (mod edit)

I will ask again...Is the crappy idea my idea or the idea of faction hopping that the developers of the game have designed so that it is a must to change factions to see the entire game world?

Oh and I can keep asking the same question repeatedly until you answer it and prove how stupid you point is or you stop posting.

124»