Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dr. Greg Zeschuk explains his departure from EA's subdivision BioWare in a recent interview: "I just

2»

Comments

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    I'm pretty sure micro-breweries don't need anymore microtransactions. EA would make you long for a Bud.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    at least now EA wont screw up his beer project

Dont even joke about that... I can just imagine if EA started with beer as well.

Every beer would taste like Bud. :(

LOL

• leovinousleovinous Member Posts: 38

You know what suprised me the most with swtor, is that LA gave their stamp of approval for the game. that has to be the biggest thing that never got me, I mean look at SWG, they basicly redid the whole game because a exec at LA said that it wasn't star wars'y enough...I think that was a direct quote but don't quote me on that. I just don't get it, I had high hopes for it, I was in the first stage beta and i put in suggestions as much as i could...again and again and again. I just wanted this to be what the post-cu crap wasn't. don't get me wrong the game Pre-f2p was alright...not great but alright. not that is is post-f2p...it is just plain stupid...paying for ui and crafting slots...stupid.

I think that the should just shut it down now and save people the trouble.

Have you not read the Bible?
    Oh, yeah, yeah... Not all of it. Actually, I'm listening to it on tape.
    Don't tell me how it ends.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by leovinous

You know what suprised me the most with swtor, is that LA gave their stamp of approval for the game. that has to be the biggest thing that never got me, I mean look at SWG, they basicly redid the whole game because a exec at LA said that it wasn't star wars'y enough...I think that was a direct quote but don't quote me on that. I just don't get it, I had high hopes for it, I was in the first stage beta and i put in suggestions as much as i could...again and again and again. I just wanted this to be what the post-cu crap wasn't. don't get me wrong the game Pre-f2p was alright...not great but alright. not that is is post-f2p...it is just plain stupid...paying for ui and crafting slots...stupid.

I think that the should just shut it down now and save people the trouble.

Ok yeah Lucasarts is stupid. I agree. Anyone else see the footage of the shitcanned Battlefront 3 game? makes me angry.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Lucas Arts was and is a weird company. They can never make up their mind if they are going to make video games, license video games, co-create video games, or just be pain in the ass know it all Monday morning quarterbacks.

Currently they are in the "We can do this better ourselves!" mode. (They said all SW games will from now on be made in house.)

They announced this shortly after their new president took over but shortly before Disney bought their asses; so who knows?

Originally posted by tiefighter25

Lucas Arts was and is a weird company. They can never make up their mind if they are going to make video games, license video games, co-create video games, or just be pain in the ass know it all Monday morning quarterbacks.

Currently they are in the "We can do this better ourselves!" mode. (They said all SW games will from now on be made in house.)

They announced this shortly after their new president took over but shortly before Disney bought their asses; so who knows?

well that will at least make the blame game easier. Any future SW fuckups will belong to them.

Meh, if 1313 flops they'll probably just change their minds again.

The IP can both make them lazy sometimes due to the somewhat automatic minimum purchase amounts from the hardcore fanbase; it can makre them a pain in the ass to work with since they know they have a high demand IP; but it can also make anything they release seem like a failure, since many expect anything with the Star Wars IP to sell in the squnitillions.

They are never here nor there.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

No matter what anyone say's to take some blame away from EA, they are still a soulless company that suck the life out of once great games companies when they take over.

Even if Satan (CEO of EA) himself ordered his minions to make Jade Empire 2, I would still feel the same.

Originally posted by Scummyman

No matter what anyone say's to take some blame away from EA, they are still a soulless company that suck the life out of once great games companies when they take over.

Even if Satan (CEO of EA) himself ordered his minions to make Jade Empire 2, I would still feel the same.

No I agree that EA totally sucks. I just think in this case they were too busy fucking up other things to take an Active role in the SWTOR debacle. This was the one that got away lol.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    at least now EA wont screw up his beer project

Dont even joke about that... I can just imagine if EA started with beer as well.

im already picturing Greg on his youtube vlog shoving a six pack at the camera and saying to EA...." HA!!! i betcha didnt see that coming!"

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113

I Don't buy it. EA may be the giant corporate evil machine, But they gladly gave BW 300+ millions dollars hoping this would be the most advanced and largest MMORPG in the history of gaming, and they pissed away 300+ million on something that had less features then tetris. It boggles the mind how much money that cost them.

What was all the money spent on?

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by rojo6934 at least now EA wont screw up his beer project

Warm Bud Light...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by NC-John

I Don't buy it. EA may be the giant corporate evil machine, But they gladly gave BW 300+ millions dollars hoping this would be the most advanced and largest MMORPG in the history of gaming, and they pissed away 300+ million on something that had less features then tetris. It boggles the mind how much money that cost them.

I think it went to fund CIA Black Ops. This is the classic case of the 700 dollar hammer folks!

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Warm Bud Light...

EA Beer (current definition):

Tastes like warm Bud Light, leaves you sober and makes you run to toilet every 5 minutes. and when people refuse to buy it, they say the price was why it didn't sell. They give it away for free but have a cap that you need to buy a special opener for and it can be used only twice a week.

Originally posted by NC-John

There is plenty of blame to be lain on Bioware's feet.

That said, from Bioware's prespective, EA initially came in and in essence said, "We keep fucking up MMOs, so take as much money and time as yu want to develop this thing. We trust you more then we trust ourselves."

Than a few years in EA said show us what you got. EA took a look and said "Uh-uh."

EA had bioware increase staff, escalate pace of development across teams scattered around the globe.

EA created their "Death Star" of killing off a lot of expensive ideas that Bioware wanted to put into the game.

EA's firm deadline to avoid MoP and GW2 and cash in on a holiday based marketing campaign resulted in a game released too early.

In order to meet the christmas deadline, Bioware had to lower the texture quality, remove chat bubbles, and create the wonky travel system and the tacked on Fleets as a central corridor. (Initially, the identically laid out Republican and Imperial fleets even had the reflections of the Republican flags as Imperial.)

The shadows were horribly optimized, no footprints in the sand or snow, uneditable UI, and what was supposed to be one of the defining features of the game, the Legacy system, not even operational.

So, even though Bioware created a lot of their own misery, from their point of view, the deal was altered halfway through.

After release, the deal was altered again, and Bioware which wanted to throw money at the problem with an increased amount of content, was overruled by EA which cut all content release and insisted on the conversion to FTP/Cash shop.

So basically, insert your Lando quote here.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Warm Bud Light...

EA Beer (current definition):

Tastes like warm Bud Light, leaves you sober and makes you run to toilet every 5 minutes. and when people refuse to buy it, they say the price was why it didn't sell. They give it away for free but have a cap that you need to buy a special opener for and it can be used only twice a week.

Haha, perfect.