Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live streaming guild battle goon vs viet

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

hell yeah this is going to be a good one. I'm gonna head overthere.

lmao stop dying!!! lol

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    never been a fan of viet but I was hoping they could put some humility in goontang.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Sorry, couldn't resist

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rodingo

Sorry, couldn't resist

Well deserved :p

Kamikaze Kim kept diving in. image Do a steal event next time, or just be the camera man for the next war lol. 

Forreal though, Thank you Gary.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    game just looks horrible n boring......

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I think I got there too late.  Vid of a charcter running back and forth, then the vid went offline.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Well viet had the highest number of kills, by far but goon walked all over them in the end.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Dantae87

yeah i didn't enjoy it when i played. stiff controls and animations, grindy, just... meh. still. it's nice that an mmo with some good ideas isn't totally unappreciated (even if i, personally, don't think they pulled off those ideas that well).

and yet you feel the need to crawl on any thread even ones not remotely on the subject and talk about it. Troll somewhere else.

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    The goons certainly have their strength in numbers. Although I've never been a huge fan of their guild, they know how to pull together some decent numbers, they contributed quite a lot in the recent school wars that I've attended.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

and yet you feel the need to crawl on any thread even ones not remotely on the subject and talk about it. Troll somewhere else.

The word 'trolling' has lost all its meaning these days. Now days any statememnt which is negative and doesn't confirm with opinions of hardcore fans of any MMO is considered as trolling.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    A negative OT oneliner statement, without any relevance to the thread, lacking any substance beyond subjective opinion, and obviously posted to provoke a reaction, is a troll post - especially when posted by someone who has demonstrated time and again that he/she has no knowledge about or interest in the game being discussed.

It's a pretty fail troll post as well but we needn't go into that.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

The word 'trolling' has lost all its meaning these days. Now days any statememnt which is negative and doesn't confirm with opinions of hardcore fans of any MMO is considered as trolling.

the obverse of which would obviously mean that any positive comment could only be made by a fanboi image

opinions are a bit like horses, just not always running in the direction you want image

• wfsaxtonwfsaxton Member UncommonPosts: 73

I was on last night when I got the announcement that "Viet defeated GoonTangClan".

Is there really a winner and a loser in a war?

How is that figured out?

Originally posted by wfsaxton

I was on last night when I got the announcement that "Viet defeated GoonTangClan".

How is that figured out?

Last night was really a draw, in goon's own words.

Goontang defended its territory in the time the war was going on (the "war" being seperate from any ongoing conflict that occurs24/7 outside the territory invasion) but they didn't even both trying to attack viet's land either so viet sucefully defended that territory as well...from a non attack.

There are several conditions for victory but it mainly centers around burning down the defending clans buildings and taking the throne room via 3 lion objectives...or you could go for a point victory by overwhelming them on every other objective...niether of which viet was able to do.

Someone said something about a square in another post..I think they were talking about the start of the fight that normally occurs on the entry way of the guild territoy...which is a big pavillion square...but it then moves into the territory proper which is a collection of buildings and the like...you can visit a guild territoy at anytime they are located on the maps in most area to get a feel for what they look like before the invasion.

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91

From someone who claimed he hates chinese culture. How much we can believe what he said? He is a troll.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    Being a troill involves at least a modicum of cleverness. This to me, looks like someone who needs to take medication on a daily basis and may have missed a dose.
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by wfsaxton

How is that figured out?

Last night was really a draw, in goon's own words.

Goontang defended its territory in the time the war was going on (the "war" being seperate from any ongoing conflict that occurs24/7 outside the territory invasion) but they didn't even both trying to attack viet's land either so viet sucefully defended that territory as well...from a non attack.

There are several conditions for victory but it mainly centers around burning down the defending clans buildings and taking the throne room via 3 lion objectives...or you could go for a point victory by overwhelming them on every other objective...niether of which viet was able to do.

Someone said something about a square in another post..I think they were talking about the start of the fight that normally occurs on the entry way of the guild territoy...which is a big pavillion square...but it then moves into the territory proper which is a collection of buildings and the like...you can visit a guild territoy at anytime they are located on the maps in most area to get a feel for what they look like before the invasion.

I'm not sure you understand how warring actually works.  There's actually no condition for victory - simply a condition for loss.  Depending on what the attacker does (assuming that it is a one way battle), the defender loses territory points.  You only burn down buildings to advance the spawn points.  You could technically take the throne with the defender having no burned buildings. 

The true objective is to burn down the stables, then move inside the base (burning down the arena).  Then you take out the lions.  Once that is done you burn down the main hall building to gain access to one of several teleport points.  Once that is done you have to take the throne.

All burning buildings does after you've secured a spawnpoint is enable the attacker to steal maidens, which give a relatively low territory loss.

Goons, since they've not done substantial upgrading to their castle probably do not have over 150 territory points.  This is going to cause a problem because even losing one lion makes them lose more points in a 72 hour phase than they can gain back without upgrading the main hall.  This is why warring is broken, it heavily favors the attackers even if the defenders generally hold their ground.  I'm fairly sure that the CN version does not work this way anymore.  That and the fact that one player can burn down a building while it takes 5 to quickly put it out and repair.

Also, based on what I've heard about this war - the Viets were strangely unfocused in their attack.  I can't speak for certain, but if the overall kills were so heavily stacked in favor of the Viets - they should have been able to steadily progress towards the throne room.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Yea I don't put much weight into the guild wars in the game yet. They just seem kind of odd and little unbalanced / broken in design. Of course not having any clear localization in the game to read up on and understand how they fully work is an issue too.

Viets outkilling them doesn't suprise me. They are very annoying bunch with all those emotes and non-english insults they throw at you, but as far as playing the game and their skill in the PvP it is good. Of course we know anyway that a guen can flip a situation into his/her favor to make it seem like they are tops they are going to take it.

I'd like to see how they change up the mechanics working around the guild war before anything can really be claimed a victory. Right now it's more about who brings more boddies to clutter up the screen with. A standard guenie tactic.. the zerg..

Nothing much to see here other than that..

Meh!.. We'll see how things work out in the future tho..

See ya in game..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by atticusbc

yeah i didn't enjoy it when i played. stiff controls and animations, grindy, just... meh. still. it's nice that an mmo with some good ideas isn't totally unappreciated (even if i, personally, don't think they pulled off those ideas that well).

i can agree on stiff controlls and animations(barely) but i really cant see where this game is grindy...