Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Factions, balancing, 3 MMOs in 1, TESO will be a PRO game.

13»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Badorb.
    No it wasnt as you visited exactly the same planets and dungeons on all those swtor characters. Even the starter zones were shared between 2 classes.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

*snip*......Yes, if a company can possibly do it, Bethesda is that company....*snip*

Yeah.....

Wasn't that what was said about SWTOR and Bioware as well? There was so much trust.

But there where also 2 other things; The Internet and the Community.

These both combined are worse than weapons. These both killed SWTOR (or better words might be; reducing the playerbase) and that will happen with TESO as well. Time will show that. Just a matter of time until the Comm starts whining, that will spread all over the place and *BANG* that was it. After that we will have all the "I saw that comming" and "I told you" guys running around and so forth.

It is just sick and makes me so endlessly sad.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Eir

No I think HARD faction locks are a necessity for good rvr style pvp. It's the reason planetside 2 is considerably more balanced than gw2, tsw and swtor.

Planetside 2 has 3 faction pvp everywhere, as soon as you log in you are pvping. TESO is more like GW2. GW2 is PvE and the pvp takes place in WvWvW map. TESO (correct me if im wrong) has Cyrodil as the equivalent to WvWvW, so everything out of Cyrodil is just PvE. I said it before in other post and will say it again. Zenimax has to keep 3 faction pvp inside Cyrodil, and let the PvE world be shared among all 3 factions as friendly. That does not affect the lore and it works better than limiting pve maps to factions. Faction X can go to Faction Y and Z but cannot receive tasks from them due to faction reputation, but you are free to explore the entire world of Tamriel. 

want rvr style pvp? go to Cyrodil, just like WvWvW. They are using the same method GW2 did by isolating massive pvp to one huge map (Cyrodil), do not limit the pve-only world and you will succeed.

Being a shit game killed swtor.

Theres plenty of rift and gw2 backlash on the internet too. But they are doing / did do ok.
    Rojo
    Fine, do that on a PVE server, hell go one step further and let people group and guild with who they want. Have a disclaimer "pvp experience may vary due to cross realming cheats and RVE powergamers"

But don't break the RVR server by letting everyone be chums in pve though. Tsw tried that. It doesn't work.
    Deakon
    You can't switch server in planetside 2 either. Another reason its the 2nd best current mmo for pvp (after eve).
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i personally enjoy the hard lock on factions , it worked for DAOC and it could work here if done properly. I think they are working on Fallout 4 also?
    Cronius:
    Don't you feel the "can't go everywhere" moaners would have nothing to moan about if the game had core / coop / ffa servers like daoc?

Mind I get the idea some are hellbent on not having the choice and you've got 1 camp trying to impose "eq in tamriel" and another smaller camp trying to impose "darkfall in tamriel" on all of us.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Rojo
    Fine, do that on a PVE server, hell go one step further and let people group and guild with who they want. Have a disclaimer "pvp experience may vary due to cross realming cheats and RVE powergamers"

But don't break the RVR server by letting everyone be chums in pve though. Tsw tried that. It doesn't work.

i understand what you are saying, but there are no separate pvp servers and pve servers. its only one server. If they separate pvp servers from pve then yes. They are doing exactly the same thing GW2 did, but they are locking maps to factions. Imagine GW2 where you, as a norn, cant go to any of the other races maps. You are stuck with a tiny piece of land where your main city is located. That is not fun.

On the other hand, having faction lock maps can work if the map you are allowed to go to is big enough to make up for what you are missing in other factions maps. Sadly i think they said the maps are smaller than the single player games so i see a problem here. Small maps + limited world = no exploration, no fun, no nothing.

yeah but this is always this site period here. This site is all about crybabies that do not get their way and throw tantrums over it , im used to it by now and just gave up on the arguging over it. They hired Matt Friror because of his experience with DAOC and what made it a great game. Obviously they had the idea for a long time to have a DAOC 2 style ESO game. I just roll with the punches and if i like it ill play it for however long I enjoy it. I can play mediocre games for awhile to i played warhammer online for 2 straight years because i enjoyed the pvp and realm factions.

I think the few ESO fans here that complain about everything will be the first ones buying the game regardless of how much they complain here . The hardcore pvp players that want mordred all over again well I dont even pay them no mind because there is maybe like 20 on this entire site heh.

IF i want a ES experience i play skyrim , if i want a mmorpg i cannot think of a better one to play than a graphically upgraded awesome lore based game like a DAOC 2 personally and from what I gather TESO is turning out to be one.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Badorb.
    No it wasnt as you visited exactly the same planets and dungeons on all those swtor characters. Even the starter zones were shared between 2 classes.

Appart from Balmorra and Taris of course and yeah 2 whole seperate planets per faction ( coruscant and dromund kass beign the second 2 ). I was only joking really though. At a guess there is probably at least 2-3 whole mmo's in SWTOR though with all the different choices , oops I did it again.

So TESO will have 3 totally different places to level ? sounds interesting.  Might look into it a bit more. Mind you there's a long time to go until it's release.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

when DAOC released you had hibernia midgard and albion , they were all big landscape wise but it was still going camp to camp grinding mobs and then doing dungeons every 10 or so levels.Then you had the frontiers and darkness falls dungeon nothing else to DAOC yet it was still and is still considered one of the best mmorpgs to date by tons of players. About the only haters of DAOC seem to be from this website and the UO crowd.  Anyways point being ... DAOC was successful with a open world feel for all three realms seperated and there was very few dungeons in the game for how slow you actually leveled. This game is being made out to be way worse than it will be with the realm thing. I think a lot of people are going to be pleased in the end once they actually try it for themselves.
    I see more of the EQ types slating daoc in these threads than the uo players. They have a secret agenda, water down the pvp enough then press for hard raid content and a raiders first mmo. You get these guys in EVERY mmo beta.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I see more of the EQ types slating daoc in these threads than the uo players. They have a secret agenda, water down the pvp enough then press for hard raid content and a raiders first mmo. You get these guys in EVERY mmo beta.

Tinfoil hat much?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

I find it difficult to understand how anyone could confuse 'size of world' with 'amount of PvE content'...

... anyway...

No matter how big the game, no matter how much PvE content there is in each faction zone. No matter how big and fun Cyrodil is, the FACT remains that if the whole game was open to a single character, then there would be 50% MORE CONTENT for that character to enjoy.

Maths doesn't lie - but hell, people do try to spin it anyway don't they...

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Wow since when does playing any game make it "pro". The title is an absolute joke. I love it when basement dwellers think playing games is "pro"