Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Latest Update Brings Big Changes

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Such forums exist for other games, no doubt you game of choice too.
  • Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by Shadin

Are you on the fence? The game is free - download it and try it; don't just listen to me or anyone else - form your own opinion.

This +1

I downloaded it and have been playing for a week. Other than a little personal system lag ( I need more RAM ) I've been having a blast, my very first kill was a headshot. Haven't seen anything that looks like cheating yet, but being an online game I'm sure there are bound to be a few of them around.

It is what it is and with a good organized platoon or squad you can faceroll your enemies quick and efficiently. This is not the kind of game you solo, you probably could but it's much more fun with a group to help watch your back.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Game is awesome, runs lag free, very fun to play.
  • Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

Amazing Games but this last patch has caused terrible performance issues.

Before the patch I was getting a steady 30 fps but now it's almost unplayable. 5-10 fps if I'm lucky :(

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Anyone with a mediocre rig can play this fairly smoothly, its been optimized fairly well.

I'm personally not going to bother with it until they interlock continents like in pside1, because as of now you literally have a choice of 3 seperate maps...desert, forest, snow...

The tree maps have no affect on each other, its literally a cycle of capping bases in a clockwise/counterclockwise direction until you get bored of snow, you jump to the desert.

Blueehhhh

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    last patch borked frame rate (as of last night anyway). I like the other changes though.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ZoobiZoobi Member UncommonPosts: 115

If you've a 64-bit machine with 32-bit OS, this game will crash every hour or so.

Performance took a hit last patch, but I suspect this will be fixed pretty pronto. Now if they can stop it crashing for me I'll be a happy bunny.

Oh, i7 2.8 Ghz with 4Gb ram, win XP and ati 5830 1 Gb here and it runs fine. Why XP? I hear your cry; lots of reason, think some up.

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

I'm sporting the following system:

i7-3770k @ 3.5 GHz (3.9 GHz turbo boost), 16 GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2 GB, and PlanetSide 2 is installed onto a 150GB SSD which also houses my OS (Windows 8).

I get 60 FPS (vsync) in the warp gate and anywhere from 35-50 in large battles (at Tech Plants, Amp Stations, and Bio Labs).  The game runs pretty well other than in random areas where performance hitching occurs.  They're working on a fix for that.

The game is quite fun but somewhat grindy.  However, it is free, so if you feel like shooting some folks you won't have to spend a dime unless the cert grind gets to be too much.

Try it out.

• TrollsbaneTrollsbane Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

More reason for new players not to play this game.

Concept is good. Performance is terrible (even on good systems), combat is clunky, and cheating, from what I hear now, is rampant.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really enjoying this game, I have an older system and I'm not having any performance issues at all. I've been spending a lot of time in the game and havent found any cheating at all (not saying that there isnt, just havent seen it myself).

I've hooked up with some great people in squads and have had a great time.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Still no news about making MBTs un-soloable? What about those assault buggies, when are they coming? Will weapons already get unique skins so we don't have four shotguns what look exactly the same? :/

We?re all dead, just say it.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

More reason for new players not to play this game.

Concept is good. Performance is terrible (even on good systems), combat is clunky, and cheating, from what I hear now, is rampant.

Iv yet to notice any cheats but planetsides performance is pretty damn good.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

The UI changes destroyed my game, every time a player runs into and out of my minimap radius my hud goes into epileptic shock. From what I hear this has to do with the map still wanting to add little green dorito's marking players.

On the other hand I love the nerf to "Call outs".

However they still didn't fix playing on low graphics giving the advantage of seeing stealth unit perfectly.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Perofrmance was always spot on for me..

I jsut bursnt myself out with months of beta testing and a solid month of playing after release.. This is a game I will get back to at some poing as it was great fun :)

• KarnijKarnij Member Posts: 6

Before the patch game performance was not an issue at all for me.  After the devs released it there has been a serious performance hit to the game,  The game was unplayable in SLI mode for me, but after disabling it I started to experience stuttering when approaching larger battles.

The devs quickly issued a hotfix, but it broke the damage for the TR main battle tank and turrets on the bases.  However the next day they issued another hotfix to resolve these issues.  As a result I was able to enable SLI again and play the game.

The stuttering issue remains to be a big problem.   According to in-game messages from the devs yesterday they are in the prcoess of finding a resolution to the this issue too.

:P