Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: New Pre-Order FAQ Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Defiance team has posted a terrific new FAQ with particular regard to the game's pre-order. The FAQ came about in response to several questions asked by the community and is intended to be a 'living' document over time as more questions are answered.

Q: Why does the $150 Ultimate edition only get 7 days of xp/script but the Digital Deluxe gets 30 days?

A: The Ultimate Edition comes with much more value in the form of collectible art book, hellbug statue, and of course the Season Pass and bits. Since digital customers won’t be getting any of those, we wanted to make sure they had good value in their edition also. Don’t worry, you will be able to purchase boosts in the Defiance store once the game is live.

Read more on the Defiance forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Hmmm was hoping for more details on the console versions. I will be getting this for the ps3.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

sooo excited! love that is b2p. reminds me of secret world about how it functions

Cant wait already preordered 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

still undecided on what system i will get it. - D:

i want it for PC but i dont play shooters with mouse and using a gamepad on pc will put me at disadvantage in pvp (if theres any)....

i might get it for PS3 or PC. Damn me for being so indesicive with games.

• xArsonistxxArsonistx Member Posts: 31
    f2p or pass.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Another overpriced "Founders" program with postcards, recolored digital goodies and a Rare VBI Sentinel Shield that is so rare everyone except Standard buyers get them.

Like getting a Honus Wagner rookie card in every pack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T206_Honus_Wagner

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by xArsonistx
    f2p or pass.

How come? Is it really that bad you don't even want to pay for it?

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

I like that subscription based games are on the way out. 

Buying to play (B2P) is the new norm. I hate Free to Play (F2P) games as 'normally' they force you to buy micro transactions just to get anywhere. (Path of Exile is the first I have found which is not like that)

Defiance is looking good from the 'cost' side and being on three platforms at once in the same worldserver, that sounds cool!

So with Xbox, PS3 and PC all on the same server, who do you think will have an 'easier' time playing? Or are the controls simple enough to make it the same for all 3?

Interesting that they hinted that the 'top' players might find their toons IN the tv series. Now that would be funny seeing an actor play out your toons last actions on TV! 

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237
    f2p or pass.

lets see how to put to your level

'lol, gtfo'

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Natjur

This is a genre thats typically b2p.  If Defiance wasnt b2p you alienate the main potential playerbase (fans of games like Borderlands 2).  Its not an MMORPG

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

This is a genre thats typically b2p.  If Defiance wasnt b2p you alienate the main potential playerbase (fans of games like Borderlands 2).  Its not an MMORPG

Borderlands you only play with 3 other people,where as you play with 100's-1000's of people in this game so what exactly isnt mmo about Defiance?

Originally posted by Asheram

Borderlands you only play with 3 other people,where as you play with 100's-1000's of people in this game so what exactly isnt mmo about Defiance?

difference between MMO and MMORPG

difference between MMO and MMORPG

The only thing different about Defiance than any other mmorpg is you dont have tab targeting and a skillbar with 50 skills in it and crafting thats about it.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Curious to learn more about this game. Really hating that F2P is becoming the norm. Noone wants to pay for anything anymore, and just expects it to be free. Sad..

The only thing different about Defiance than any other mmorpg is you dont have tab targeting and a skillbar with 50 skills in it and crafting thats about it.

Its a shooter.  With RPG elements.  And those have eben around for a while now.  It takes the shooter into a persistent world, but its going to have a greater appeal to a fan of shooters than a fan of MMORPGs

Originally posted by nttajira

collector edition used to be like 70-90 $$ and that was the best you could buy from a game....

150 $$ REALY ??? and when i was reading about the neverwinter pricing of 200 $ i was thinking that was crazy ....or just plain stupid for pay that much for a game .

F2P GAME 200 $ and B2P game 150 $$ , look abour right ....

customer need to stop one day or im pretty sure we will see something like

ULTIMATE PACK ONLY 500 $ soon for some other game..... calling it .

btw since when we have accepted this DLC crap anyway ? ...... we accept to much :(

The collectors edition is $99,amazon even has a ce upgrade for $39.99 as long as you have the base game.

The $150 edition includes physical items like the hellbug statue and artbook and a 12 month dlc pass plus ingame stuff, so not really much different than alot loike it.

Not as agood as http://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Blacklist-Multi-Mission-Aircraft-Xbox-360/dp/B00B5XAKSI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360037174&sr=8-1&keywords=splinter+cell+blacklist+collector%27s+edition but hey what can you do.

Its a shooter.  With RPG elements.  And those have eben around for a while now.  It takes the shooter into a persistent world, but its going to have a greater appeal to a fan of shooters than a fan of MMORPGs

Lol w/e rationalize however you want I met as many or more people in my travels in one given play period as I did in any mmorpg that I ever played,and I have played alot WoW being 1 for 5 years.So like you said its a shooter-true- but otherwise not different- there is no lobby,but a wide open world to explore and do stuff in with lots of people or solo.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Oh, great. Game has recticle! Not for me and I'm very sorry will not be playing it as I love otherwise aspect of game. Good for rest that enjoy using recticle to target.
  • DaedalEVEDaedalEVE Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Sciva
    f2p or pass.

How come? Is it really that bad you don't even want to pay for it?

No, he/she is just that cheap/poor. That's all it is. All the little kids these days (and a lot of the "grown up kids") expect to get everything for free. They have no concept of how capitalism (and the real world) works.

I held off on pre-ordering until after I took part in one of the beta weekend stress test events. I liked what I saw, and I also like that the game is tied in to an TV series that will be on Sci-fi channel. So I only pre-ordered (CE) after having played it for a bit and finding that I like it. It reminds me of Tabula Rasa (which I also liked a lot).