It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
They don't have to be nice.
What reason is there to be rude?
Originally posted by cronius77 do you guys seriosuly think this is only to gamers on the net? Hell i just spent the last two hours at work in a shit storm arguing over my team losing the super bowl and how the refs ignored key calls . I cussed out about 20 people and they cussed me out . Its life stop taking everything on the net so personally and grow a thicker skin. The net is full of trolls with opinions including my own trolling opinion its how life is if you are not a zombie. Be glad the countries you are from have free speech and internet , there is far more things to worry about in this world but some trolling comments that people make that you do not agree with. Hell some of the biggest trolls on this site are spotlight posters , who cares you can still agree with them on a lot of things also here. If you dont like what someone is saying put em on ignore. But unless its racist or sexist why should you really care?
The sports discussions are always fun! When I was teenager we used get into shouting matches for hours over baseball and football. We didn't pull any punches when it came to ethnic / race / religious jokes either, it was no holds barred.
After a years of that it's impossible to get insulted on an internet forum.
There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.-- Herman Melville
Originally posted by VengeSunsoar They don't have to be nice. What reason is there to be rude?
What reason is there to be nice?
May be it is just random. Someone is nice when he is in a good mood, rude if he is in a bad mood. It is not unheard of, you know.
People do it for attention...
1. Being rude and obnoxious gets people upset this in turns drives the trollers to troll more. Making themselves feel superior to those they can emotionally control.
2. Female gamers who prudently announce their gender are looking for attention, affection or emotionally control those around them.
3. Gay gamers look to promote how unique they are ,that their stance on life is more open and modern then others. In turn making their stance great then those around them gaining emotional control of others.
4. Older gamers tell younger gamers they have no clue what they are talking about , expanding on their experience being the only relevant idea that means anything. Making themselves believe their word is the only word that matters and in turn believe they are controlling the emotional situation of a discussion with rational one sided thinking.
5. Younger gamers refer to point one of being rude, all else fails they have to stand above the others listed to be top of the attention pyramid. Fits of rage, screaming, cursing.. it all comes from what you would expect of those with a juvenile mind. This of course doesn't mean just younger gamers, there are many older ones that have this mindset as well. The old saying " a child in an adult mind".
In the end it's all about getting the attention and being top dog. Say what you will but the human race in general are self centric people to which the true "me me me" aspect shines clear and brightly on the Internet daily. You can't fix it, it's in our nature. Not all people are like this, but as the Internet shows, the majority are right in line with it.
Wars are started for land, greed and envy, what makes you think the internet is any different?
"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"
Originally posted by Draemos Originally posted by LadyEuphei We get blamed for alot of violence and problems. Maybe it is true since our community is so mean, racist, sexist, and generally evil (except for a few)
Its the usual over broad generalization we've come to expect from some quarters. Video games get blamed by the Usual Suspects, because they are a convenient scape goat. Just as comics and rock and roll music have been in the past. They are useful to focus the attention and efforts of the thoughtless and clueless into faux feel good "solutions", that have little or no impact on the real problems.
Originally posted by nariusseldon Originally posted by VengeSunsoar They don't have to be nice. What reason is there to be rude?
Well being nice causes a release of endorphines and oxytocin, to name a few, that physically make you feel good. While being rude causes a release of cortisol that typically stresses you out and makes you gain weight.
Those are just the physical consequences of being nice or rude, the psychological aspects not only on yourself but the people around you are numerous.
And the person asked what point people have to be nice to each other? As if someone actually needs a reason to be nice, other than just to be nice. *Boggle*
Faction and guild based PvP with zoned play, in one "server world" can't be beat. In other words not with players you can only meet in a special war or dungoen instance.
Not having a ganking world certainly helps with player relationships.
You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy? :P