Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp, uninstalling TERA.

13»

Comments

• windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I've heard of people getting motion sickenss in FPS games. I wonder if it's something you can build upa tollerance to like sea sickness ( which is the same thing pretty much )

I can't read a book in a moving car because the motion outside the window while I'm reading the page makes me sick.

I'm one of those people who gets really sick while playing FPS or even 3D RPG/MMORPG with lots of camera movement .

And I can tell you that you can build up a bit of tolerance if you can keep playing these kind of games everyday, when you feel sick, rest, and play again. After a while you'll get less sick while playing.

However, when you stop doing this for a while, you'll get sick again. That's what happened to me. I used to play conter-strike, the only FPS i played for an extended amount of time everyday around 8 years ago. At first I was sick after playing 1/2 hour or so, but after a while I can play 3-4 hours without any problem. Stopped playing CS for a few years, and nowadays I can't play any FPS games. eg. I bought Alan Wake when it's on special a while ago and I just can't play it without feeling really sick.

For RPG/MMORPG nowadays I usually use 3rd person view and try to zoom out as far as possible to avoid large camera movement.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    You kids don't get it , some of us mid to older players just can't handle certain type of gameplay anymore. It is what it is, OP was just being honest in observations and comment. My brother for one , can't play any true fps anymore , he did at one time, even myself I get dizy on those now, thou over the shoulder (3rd person) works fine.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Robokapp

exceptions exist. I've seen fleets in eve defeat fleets 3 times their size withou losses.

but developing a game where this is the norm is difficult. super-skilled players are few. and the few get well-known. So next time two fleets meet an in one fleet there's 20 unknowns and one elite, guess who the enemy will focus fire to take down first.

The same argument gets made in tanks. They even have a mod that shows peoples win rates so you can pick out the good players. Guess what happens when a team focuses on the good player.

The cost of killing him is so high in losses to your team you still end up losing and his win rate goes up. I don't play eve but I'd be willing to bet a good player there knows when he's being focused and how to use that against his enemies.

A good player is a good player and will always find a way to stand out above the regulars. Numbers don't negate idividual skill or the effect they can have on any size battle.

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265

cuz a dice roll depending where you hit or block is sooooo fun, or auto aim an arrow that magically aims no matter where they run to is so realistic... and another dice roll tells you if you hit...

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Robokapp

exceptions exist. I've seen fleets in eve defeat fleets 3 times their size withou losses.

but developing a game where this is the norm is difficult. super-skilled players are few. and the few get well-known. So next time two fleets meet an in one fleet there's 20 unknowns and one elite, guess who the enemy will focus fire to take down first.

The same argument gets made in tanks. They even have a mod that shows peoples win rates so you can pick out the good players. Guess what happens when a team focuses on the good player.

The cost of killing him is so high in losses to your team you still end up losing and his win rate goes up. I don't play eve but I'd be willing to bet a good player there knows when he's being focused and how to use that against his enemies.

A good player is a good player and will always find a way to stand out above the regulars. Numbers don't negate idividual skill or the effect they can have on any size battle.

glad somebody in this conversation gets it.  8)

in a 1 on 1 situation, there's a cap on how much a player can display his skill, depending on how less skilled the other guy is.

in massive fights he can unleash it all.

cuz his demonstrable skill is not being bottlenecked by fighting just 1 opponent.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------