Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda has never really made a good game.

13»

Comments

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by calranthe

Okay lets derail this threads with facts

3 realm conflict was first done successfully in an mmo called DaoC, it is slightly more than a minor aspect of ESO and thus calling in to question the innovation and motives of the man being asked to do an ESO game is valid

He has stated right from the start no housing in ESO housing as any player of ES games will know is a core part of the adventure, yes mmo limitations and all that.

A CGI that in no way in this reality anyone should expect the game to be like that just like the SWTOR CGI trap caused.

ES has always been about immersive combat without the kind of leveling and hotbar mmo generic.

Also it has been stated that the game really begins when you reach level 50 I do not know about you but I have never played an elder scrolls game where my first aim was to get to max level.

He talks about exploration but in the same breath segregation, levels and area limits.

All of those things were in DaoC

All of those things are NOT ES

Hotbars cooldowns limits not ES

At level one in any ES game you could if you did not sleep explore the entire world and every mountain you could see you could explore till you hit the out of bounds line.

1) 3 realm conflict, your correct not been in tes games before, but then again niether has pvp and if we could only have things that previous games have had we wouldnt have had dragons in skyrim etc

2) player owned housing didnt come into tes games until oblivion

3) cgi trailers are pretty standard for most games these days, theyre not exactly indicative of a bad game

4) this isnt true, skyrim/oblivion does have a hotbar its just hidden and arena was just xp based not skill based, teso will have both skill based leveling and xp based

5) the game opening up at 50 is just marketing speak for "we have end game...honest", its a statement that needs to be said because most mmo's lack in this department at launch

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Destai

You can't expect the same results with this game. First off, Bethesda is involved through consulting. Zenimax is the developer. However, consider that many of those systems and mods are an attempt to make the game resemble an MMO, at least at first glance. They're adding quests, schedules, crafting, etc. These features exist in an MMO.

Honestly, it's getting annoying hearing people complain about MMOs being generic. MMOs have quests, skillbars, raids, classes, races. Graphics won't be stellar. The game is what you make it. It sounds like you don't like MMOs.

You can't expect but I do.

I play a lot of mmo games, I still actually run a mud (precursor to mmo) that has been running for 15 years now, the lack of innovation and use of popular IP is destroying the genre.

We expect less so we get less.

I play Star Trek online and pay subscription because the space combat is fun, the changes since launch and conten is amazing

I play EVE online as my only pvp game

I play TSW for the storyline and content

I play Champions oline because the changes since launch are great and I miss my make a costume fetish :)

So actually I love the mmo genre it just seems to be dumbing itself down more and more.

I see ESO like the american version of Godzilla anyone who knows the toho version and brand knows what I mean.

Originally posted by deakon
    If mods are so essencial to enjoy tes games why are far more tes games sold/played on console where you cant mod at all?

I would love to see figures to back this up and also stats showing how many console players are still playing there copy of oblivion 7 years later and finding fresh content.

Only 14% of skyrim sales were pc

link

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    lol @OP
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    If mods are so essencial to enjoy tes games why are far more tes games sold/played on console where you cant mod at all?

I would love to see figures to back this up and also stats showing how many console players are still playing there copy of oblivion 7 years later and finding fresh content.

link

Thank you.

I've been saying this for quite some time. Bethesda wants to expand mods to console players but the truth is that mods are a pc centric thing and the pc sales are dwarfed by the console sales. I find that a shame but the truth is most players of Elderscrolls games don't get access to mods. It's not part of their regular elder scrolls experience.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

link

Doesn't support his opinion so will likely be ignored lol... 

Facts in a half baked thread usually don't get acknowledged. 

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

You sure about that?

I am pretty damn sure I built a house in Morrowind. I remember it being up a hill from a rinver and you follow the river to the town and buy parts/building materials from there somehow. been a long time since I played Morrowind so I might be wrong but...but...memories tell me Morrowind had housing.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    O_O

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    What?  Well Bethesda has always made decent games, but I have never once thought of them as highly as most seem to.  I think they're good but overrated.  That's beside the point though, since Bethesda is not making TESO.. for better or for worse, we don't know yet.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

You sure about that?

I am pretty damn sure I built a house in Morrowind. I remember it being up a hill from a rinver and you follow the river to the town and buy parts/building materials from there somehow. been a long time since I played Morrowind so I might be wrong but...but...memories tell me Morrowind had housing.

you are correct. If you are part of one of the great houses you can eventually have your own house built for you.

My thought is that you were part of house Hlaluu (or however that's spelled) correct?

I believe if you are Telvanni you get a mushroom house.

ah here it is, not a house but "a stronghold"

Furthermore, every Great House allows you to possess a house in the form of a Stronghold, at either Rethan Manor, Indarys Manor, or Tel Uvirith. In addition, the Bloodmoon expansion provides you with two permanent houses - the Factor's Estate, and the Bloodskaal's House (formerly Rigmor's hut).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Houses

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

You sure about that?

Just checked, you couldn't buy houses, but aparently you could have them given to you via quests (dont remember this ever happening for me) or kill the owner and use the house as your own (this i did do for storage)

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

What ? Bethesda never really made a good game ????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyNET now that's one GREAT game from Bethesda and they were only starting back then ....

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

You sure about that?

As far as I recall, Morrowind had no housing. You couldn't buy any at least, I think. But like you, it's a long time ago, so not entirely sure. <_<

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Sovrath

you are correct. If you are part of one of the great houses you can eventually have your own house built for you.

My thought is that you were part of house Hlaluu (or however that's spelled) correct?

I believe if you are Telvanni you get a mushroom house.

ah here it is, not a house but "a stronghold"

Furthermore, every Great House allows you to possess a house in the form of a Stronghold, at either Rethan Manor, Indarys Manor, or Tel Uvirith. In addition, the Bloodmoon expansion provides you with two permanent houses - the Factor's Estate, and the Bloodskaal's House (formerly Rigmor's hut).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Houses

Ah now I remember...I managed to get Rethan manor and eventually build it up fully....good times :)

This discussion has been closed.