Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The most beautiful world

Comments

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Thanks for posting the nice shots. I especially like some of the character models ;)
  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,332Member Uncommon

GW2 has the most beautiful world by a long shot in my opinion.

I´ve never seen so much detail before! It feels "alive" !

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

• MesfenlirMesfenlir ovPosts: 208Member
    Tera-Conan- Lotro
  • LobotomistLobotomist ZagrebPosts: 5,053Member Uncommon
    LOTRO , no question

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by Theely
    I was actually surprised at how well LOTRO looks when you crank everything up. They must have updated the graphics since launch? No way it looked that good on release.

They need to update the character / monster models though. They are looking very dated, in fact they looked dated at launch.

• faxnadufaxnadu HelsinkiPosts: 940Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    LOTRO , no question

i would like to know where you based your opinion sir? from launch or current state? if you can prove me the ground has grass and trees and bushes are not popping up with ultra setting then im wrong but my last visit month ago it was horrbiel what comes to graphics wise , seems like turbine have cut down the candy in order to make it run smoother for low spec players with low spec machines.

• vladwwvladww La provencePosts: 416Member Uncommon

-- Ryzom --

Pure ART

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• sportsfansportsfan BlankenbergePosts: 431Member

Azeroth.

Without a doubt as it is technically the most advanced open world with the most animated critters and you can BE there.

From epic dragons to personal flying mount systems that broke the small zoning worlds of other MMO's.

Playing GW2 in contrast is jumping through hoops with loading screens.

GW2 is disgusting for a 2012 designed world.

Azeroth is a world. GW2 is a bunch of sewed together loading screens giving access to closed bordered zones.

GW2 is 3 steps back in open world MMORPG design.

One step by not even having a mount or wagon system. Another stop for making ALL zones closed bordered and the final step by lack of ANY form of seamless travel.

Just a cheap way to produce things.

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,796Member Uncommon

GW2 wins this trophy for me, easy. In no other game I've just stood in awe and wondered the sights. Which is funny because it's nowhere as pretty as Skyrim with mods. Guess it just tells me something about the graphical state of MMOs more than anything.

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,796Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sportsfan

Azeroth.

Without a doubt as it is technically the most advanced open world with the most animated critters and you can BE there.

From epic dragons to personal flying mount systems that broke the small zoning worlds of other MMO's.

Azeroth is a world. GW2 is a bunch of sewed together loading screens giving access to closed bordered zones.

One step by not even having a mount or wagon system. Another stop for making ALL zones closed bordered and the final step by lack of ANY form of seamless travel.

I agree that Azeroth in its seamless design is a feat that I still wonder no one has been able to replicate. Unfortunately the graphics are showing their age. Here's hoping Blizzard will amaze us again with Titan, some time in the future.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc nottinghamPosts: 378Member
    Best GFX without a doubt are TSW (if your PC can crank it up - if you don't agre you have a high enough spec PC) but the OP question was World I don't think TSW really counts due to the horror aspect and the OP wanted an large open world.  for me only LotRo has that vast open tracks of land that fels like a world.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• spoononespoonone san diego, CAPosts: 39Member Uncommon
    I thought Norrath was most beautiful world I seen when I first played EQ back in 99.  All the games I played before EQ was Diablo, StarCraft and UO.
  • udonudon Durham, NCPosts: 1,767Member Uncommon
    There is more to a beautiful world than graphic quaility.  LOTR's and EVE have some of the most stunning views I have seen in any game.  EQ2, TSW, GW2, Terra and RIfts views seem more closed in to me even though all those games look good in their own right.
  • Goatgod76Goatgod76 Stow, OHPosts: 1,214Member
    Just based on world...from personal experience...Rift.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

I like having a game where I don't have to kill all the time. I have Chivalry when I want my pvp  and I want it bloody. I have a lot of games for pvp. But I really want something where I can just relax, do some fishing, gathering, taking in the sites, hunting when I feeling like farming or grinding something. 

WoW was fun for a couple of years. I leveled really slowly and enjoyed doing all the stuff you could do in Azeroth. But I'm done there now. I think Rift's Telara is an attactive world, as well, and I like that they have fishing.  

What is the most beautiful mmorpg world you can actually go out and enjoy without having to fight all the time? Is there fishing, etc?

I dont understand what the point of playing a game wiithout having to fight.  I suppose its why I like themeparks so much.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer RomePosts: 557Member Uncommon
    Aion, TSW and TERA.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• AdokasAdokas KristiansandPosts: 217Member
    I really liked Lineage II's world. Thought it seemed so grand and huge! Also really love LotRO's!
  • pinktailzpinktailz internet, ALPosts: 61Member Uncommon
    Lotro lol? I remember i played for about half hour and understood that i cant play game with so primitive graphics, it is like lineage 2
  • sparrsparr east liverpool, OHPosts: 48Member

RODE, Rise of Dragonian Era .....Im not much for FTP games.. but i like to grind..and i like the holy trinity, where you need healers and tanks to do dungeons..

I read about this game from someones post here..it has fishing,,,lots of quests...dungeons and even Dragons...yes Dragons ..you start by get and egg and a relic..and you hunt with them to build loyalty...and you then combine those to hatch the egg into a dragon hatchling.

It take alot of time and grinding to raise your dragon to a full size dragon you can use to fight and fly with him....you feed him armor and weapons that you get from npcs to help him  grow..i would try it out if you like so many dif things to do in a game.

• AdokasAdokas KristiansandPosts: 217Member
    Originally posted by pinktailz
    Lotro lol? I remember i played for about half hour and understood that i cant play game with so primitive graphics, it is like lineage 2

To me, beautiful is not just in terms of graphical beauty. But how I feel the world is created. How open it is, and large too.

• sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon

This may sound strange to you guys but the most beautiful world ive played in is Norrath (Everquest one) although it may not have the highest end graphic and textures than other games but that it not where the beauty of that world exsists. The beauty of norrath is the feeling of the zones/areas as you explore. Not a single zone/area looks or feels the same as another one in the world there all had there own set of feeling and uniqueness this is what made this world so Beautiful you can explore one area and know you will never come across another place like it no matter where you went. All the cities had there own different feeling to them for example

Qeynos the human capaital on the west coast of Antonica was a bussling city that felt happy

Freeport on the other hand on the east coast of Antonica when hiking through the dessert you reach the coastling and gaze at the empowering might of the city you feels its power however once u delve into the city and unturn a few stones you get a feeling of sadness in the city being filled with corruption however there still hope that the palidins hold the northern part of they city still which is free of corruption.

Rivervale located in the center of Qeynos and Freeport is home to the hafling, It has a peaceful yet somewhat mysterious feel to it, It was like the peace surrounded by the dark, I think maybe that was because it was somewhat difficult to travel to and from at lower levels its kinda got the feeling of being that one peaceful happy place that welcomes you after a long hard dangerous journmey to it.

Halas north of Qeynos is a city covered in snow and ice, the home of the barbarian the freezing wind and icy snow fall on this city though out the whole year yet it felt like home to those after traveling through the snowy plains and icy paths you come across this white gem of antonica despite being covererd in snow and ice it had a somewhat warm feel to the city.

I can go one about how every zone felt in norrath however i would be creating quite a wall of text haha so i think ill stop here lol its gives you quite a understanding to what im trying to get at im hoping. The true beauty of a world for me comes from the feeling and the unique looks of areas and zones and in norrath every zone had its unique feeling or looks and to me that what made it the most beautiful world ove played in.

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by Adokas

To me, beautiful is not just in terms of graphical beauty. But how I feel the world is created. How open it is, and large too.

When I first tried LOTRO a couple of years ago, I never made it out of the starter areas, so I had a similar feeling as pinktailz. They seemed very confined and the graphics were not impressive. However, since I decided to try again and got out of Ered Luin, I can see a much larger, more varied, and very beautiful world. Just a little while ago, I enjoyed an amazing sunrise in Buckland after doing some fishing in the river there.

A lot of people complain about the character animations and such, but they don't bother me. I definitely agree with Adokas. For me, graphics and beauty are not necessarily the same thing. 

• faxnadufaxnadu HelsinkiPosts: 940Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Azeroth.

I agree that Azeroth in its seamless design is a feat that I still wonder no one has been able to replicate. Unfortunately the graphics are showing their age. Here's hoping Blizzard will amaze us again with Titan, some time in the future.

with all the mmos ive played and currently out there i have to also agree with Azeroth simple as that.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member
    Originally posted by m0lly
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Azeroth.

with all the mmos ive played and currently out there i have to also agree with Azeroth simple as that.

Wtf? Tons of MMOs before and AFTER WoW have had entirely seamless worlds. 

I'm so sick of people thinking WoW ever did anything unique. 

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member
    Originally posted by Adokas

LotRO is packed to the gills with inivsible walls, linear design, impassable hills and mountains, and terrible monster layout. Not to mention zones that auto kill you if you try to explore them without first doing the quest, phasing and instancing up the ass blocking you from going places you've discovered... 

open is a word I'd use to describe LotRO if I'd never played another MMO.