Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda has never really made a good game.

calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

What they have always done is create a framework for us to create an amazing game and sandbox.

I think the above is my real issue with ESO Oblivon skyrim and morrowind were bugged to hell and created using low res reduced detail and generic stuff BUT the tools were there for players and modders to use that framework to create amazing things.

I am not just talking content I am talking updated textures and models, clothing and items, stories and entire world redos.

Even the sex mods created a whole new set of non adult specific mods to do with hires clothings and skins.

Extended script systems and animation, detailed life systems for animals and players, complete vampire and werewolf races with powers and cycles.

All these things before and beside the dlc the company came out with.

My morrowind game has 217 mods about 15gb of data and still works 1904 hours on my latest save game

My oblivion game has 130 mods about 22gb of extra data 1205 hours on my latest playthrough.

My Skyrim game has 76 mods about 17gb of extra data 604 hours on my latest playthrough.

Now I know mmo games are different but if the debacle with SWTOR and remember how hyped we were after seeing that very first CGI?

You could not realisticly ever live upto that hype and then TSO comes out with a heart pumping CGI and could it really ever live up to it, for what is essentially with variance a wow/doac Elderscrolls reskin cross.

Just like Most Elder scrolls players can not expect anything like the true spirit of the single player game in the mmo.

Really I just feel TSO should not have been done and it may be a success but it will never be elder scrolls.

Comments

• QuaidenQuaiden Member Posts: 19
    What does this have to do with TES:0... Bethesda is not making this game..
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Thank's for sharing, as you know many disagree.

It's certainly an "opinion".

Too bad you don't know the difference between a developer and publisher.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

FFS,

Fact check yourself!

And since Bethesda isn't making this game, you should have no issues then, right?

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by calranthe

What they have always done is create a framework for us to create an amazing game and sandbox.

I think the above is my real issue with ESO Oblivon skyrim and morrowind were bugged to hell and created using low res reduced detail and generic stuff BUT the tools were there for players and modders to use that framework to create amazing things.

I am not just talking content I am talking updated textures and models, clothing and items, stories and entire world redos.

Even the sex mods created a whole new set of non adult specific mods to do with hires clothings and skins.

Extended script systems and animation, detailed life systems for animals and players, complete vampire and werewolf races with powers and cycles.

My morrowind game has 217 mods about 15gb of data and still works 1904 hours on my latest save game

My oblivion game has 130 mods about 22gb of extra data 1205 hours on my latest playthrough.

My Skyrim game has 76 mods about 17gb of extra data 604 hours on my latest playthrough.

Now I know mmo games are different but if the debacle with SWTOR and remember how hyped we were after seeing that very first CGI?

You could not realisticly ever live upto that hype and then TSO comes out with a heart pumping CGI and could it really ever live up to it, for what is essentially with variance a wow/doac Elderscrolls reskin cross.

Just like Most Elder scrolls players can not expect anything like the true spirit of the single player game in the mmo.

Really I just feel TSO should not have been done and it may be a success but it will never be elder scrolls.

ZeniMax is making it.

Lastly, sure it might look like a WoW/DAoC "reskin cross", but try to withhold judgment until you've played it? I mean, really? What is it with judging things before hand? Stupid thing to do.

And lastly, we certainly haven't had enough of these threads, about how terrible it's going to be <_< Super! So don't play it! xD

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I disagree with you but I don't have time to write a short novel as to why I do so. You are set in your opinions and anything anyone says to the contrary isn't going to disuade you from your argument anyway.

Except of course ZeniMax Online Studios is making ESO, not Bethesda Game Studios.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Are we going to get a new one of these crappy threads every day until ESO launches?

If you don't like it, don't play it or follow it. Move on with your life geez.

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Zinimax thats making the game. Bethesda just helping with the lore.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    [mod edit]
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    [mod edit]
    Originally posted by evilastro

Are we going to get a new one of these crappy threads every day until ESO launches?

I take it any "crappy" thread is one that does not agree with you or your like of ESO this is a forum for discussion and opinions both for and against games.

ESO is a mistake in my opinion and the CGI just reaks of the same marketing that went into SWTOR.

Yes it saddens me because ES has always meant something.

So then you are saying the CGI marketing means the game is crap? Interesting, WOW does it for each of their expansions and 9 Million people say it is still a good game...

TES still means something. It is a setting, a world lore, a story, a fantasy, and a lot of other things.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    There will always be people who do not think a game is good prior to it being released. Just as there will always be people who will think that a game is the best game ever prior to it being released.  The best thing, in my opinion, is to not reply to either when they start a thread.  If there is new information they can provide a link to, well then, but if it is just speculation - let them speculate alone.  I like the Elder Scroll Games, and one of my favorite parts was the player mods. Now having said that - the absence of them in a multiplayer version is not going to be what I base my opinion on. The only way I can actually have an informed opinion is to play the game.  If I like it cool, if not it joins the list of disappointments I have.  Anything at this point that doesn't have a link to new information is just speculation, ignore it. My opinion.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Well your RIGHT!

Bethesda has only ever made AMAZING games.

But again what does this have to do with ESO?  Its being made by a sister company with only the lore of the single player RPG's.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

I'd say your useless "Troll" attempt fell flat on it's face. Good job! (You might want to stick with your actual "topic" next time though).

I take it any "crappy" thread is one that does not agree with you or your like of ESO this is a forum for discussion and opinions both for and against games.

ESO is a mistake in my opinion and the CGI just reaks of the same marketing that went into SWTOR.

Look, you don't know how the game plays or feels yet. Test it out when it comes, or don't. Figure out what you feel by then. Also, you're not forced to play this game. At all. If you don't like it, then stick to Oblivion and Skyrim, and mod those to your hearts content. Just because there is going to be an Elder Scrolls MMO that you may or may not like, does it really change what the Elder Scrolls is for you? If so, then, well, your loss really.

And the CGI was awesome. :D

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Quaiden

So then you are saying the CGI marketing means the game is crap? Interesting, WOW does it for each of their expansions and 9 Million people say it is still a good game...

TES still means something. It is a setting, a world lore, a story, a fantasy, and a lot of other things.

The CGI's in Warcraft 3 are also great. They convey parts of the story amazingly IMO.

Oh now we get to the stage of denial where by fanboys or girls rabit or not get offended by being called out as such.

My opinion comes from the facts of past games and source material, most of the early posts in reply to my post were quite rabid in there "OMG he is saying something against ESO send him home BBTL!!! " as if my opinion threatened them, so yes fan boys or fan girls is the term to use, just look at the amount of quick responses my post brought.

There is no denial or the standing of this game... it is not released so there can be no judgement as such.

There is NO previous TES game you can compare this to as it is in a completely different genre.

You have no sourse material as you are comparing apples to oranges. Yes they are both fruit but they really don't have anything to do with each other past that.

We are not slaming you for your opinion about the company we just see no relevance to your opinion about the company to the development of this game. They are involved as much as they are contributing art assests and lore. That is where it ends. Zenimax Media group greated Zenimax specifically to build MMOs and so they have people in that company who are specialized in just that.

I am not saying this game will be great or that it will fail. I am just arguing there is NOTHING on which we can cast that judgement yet.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I'll have to disagree. I would say that Bethesda (the company that is not making ESO) isn't great at details of story but quite frankly, mods, with the exception of those that fix the bugs (that bethesda should be fixing) only change the flavor of the game for  the players who want a particular flavor.

There is not one mod out there (again other than bug fixing) that I think is essential.

Armor mods are nice but they range from expanding the armor choices to down right ridiculous.

Tweaks are nice but those are just adding "spice" to the player's taste. The animaition mods don't change the game for the better but for the different. One might like them more but I it's really only an aesthetic choice.

The idea of mods allow players to sway the game in a way that the player might enjoy but the core of each game stands.

Bethesda's offerings are games that allow player choice (to a certain extent) and that's their talent. And since the majority of elder scrolls playes don't have access to mods the point at the moment is sort of moot.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

A troll because I have a different opinion, oh I do plan on trying it out, I was probably one of the first to sign up for beta and when I do and find it lacking (if it does lack) I will be told "its beta" or "troll" or "move along" again.

The main person in charge created DaoC or was a main driving force how suprising that he seems to be trying to make DoaC2 not something inovative.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Bethesda is not doing TESO, end of thread.

• AridArid Member UncommonPosts: 14

To be honest I LOVE these threads. They cut down the hype of a game by a shit ton. It'll make it feel better and you won't get dissapointed. Look at SWTOR for example. OVer hyped to SHIT. Now it's a Cash shop based game.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Ikeda

FFS,

Fact check yourself!

And since Bethesda isn't making this game, you should have no issues then, right?

I know that but unless you are trying to tell me that the company hired to do this is completely 100% seperate from the bethesda entity and no cross polination is occuring then for all purposes this is a Bethesda game and people will view it as such.

It is interesting to see the rabid fanboys come out of the wood work.

I stand by my valid opinion that will be a generic mmo doac reskinned to ES and nothing like the spirit of true ES

1) Most will disagree with you when you say Bethesda hasn't made a good game. I like mods as well, but the core games have never dissapointed me.

2) No regardless of what you "feel" the FACT is that Zenimax Online Studios is making this game, they are part of Zenimax Media the company that Owns Bethesda, they are not ran by Bethesda. So, your opinions and or feelings here are of little relevance to your OP and thread title.  

3) I'd really like you to try and paint me as a rabid fan considering how critical of this game I have been lol. Its in my post history, feel free to check it. 

4) Your opinion is neither valid nor invalid, it's simply your opinion and one ,as you can clearly see, not everyone is going to agree with. Though from the looks of things is doesn't seem many if any are going to agree with you.

My advice is to go back and do some actual research on the game since you seem to have missed the basics like whom the developer of this game actually is. Also I'd go back and look at the features show and said to be in TESO as well as DAoC because the similarities are limited to a few systems/mechanics with the vast majority of the game being based off of other non generic MMO's.

I'm all for everyone having their own opinion and I'm all for criticizing TESO, but make it an informed opinion at least and try to bash it for real reasons rather than some random things you thought up while having little to no knowledge of the game.

Theres plenty of things to bash the game about, do your research and come back if you want.  

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Absolute pointless thread
  • calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'll have to disagree. I would say that Bethesda (the company that is not making ESO) isn't great at details of story but quite frankly, mods, with the exception of those that fix the bugs (that bethesda should be fixing) only change the flavor of the game for  the players who want a particular flavor.

There is not one mod out there (again other than bug fixing) that I think is essential.

Armor mods are nice but they range from expanding the armor choices to down right ridiculous.

Tweaks are nice but those are just adding "spice" to the player's taste. The animaition mods don't change the game for the better but for the different. One might like them more but I it's really only an aesthetic choice.

The idea of mods allow players to sway the game in a way that the player might enjoy but the core of each game stands.

Bethesda's offerings are games that allow player choice (to a certain extent) and that's their talent. And since the majority of elder scrolls playes don't have access to mods the point at the moment is sort of moot.

Interesting an actual post on the subject at hand, while I can agree with your opinion on the bug fix patches and mods that came out, I do believe you are doing a disservice playing down all the rest.

By your side of the discussion any change made to any game other than those by a developer is just personal slant and sway.

Lets take oblivion and discount all the mods that were bug fixes and script extensions, we should also take out of the equation the graphical updates and mods that make oblivion look as good if not better than skyrim, weather mods and lore races created, towns and cities redone to bring them more alive, code to allow guards in cities to actually have lives, to eat food at break times and a family to go home to,  ordered life mods that have animals with breeding cycles young and territory.

Nomad adventurers and tribes, skirmishes and wars.

In my morrowind game there is an npc who has a grudge against my character and has been hunting me for the last 5 years who breaks into my house sometimes or kills off someone I am suposed to be questing for.

Modders have brough so much more to the table.

This discussion has been closed.