Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Factions, balancing, 3 MMOs in 1, TESO will be a PRO game.

Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

Bethesda does not make broken products.  They have a longstanding history of quality games and storylines, better in fact than Blizzard. 

Every game released by Bethesda has been followed by mods, updates, patches, additional content.  Each game has seen changes adapting it to make it better.  Never has a Bethesda seen an update that 'ruined' it like many other games you've seen.

I'm only making the above points to say that for once I think the players should go along and trust the company to make big-boy decisions without second guessing everything they do.  They aren't Aventurine or SOE or NC, they are Bethesda; a bigger more successful and professional company.

3 MMOs in 1.  Yes, if a company can possibly do it, Bethesda is that company.

Full voice acting for 3 MMOs in 1. Yes, if a company can possibly do it, Bethesda is that company.

Faction zoning and locking, be it permanent or temporary, there is no way Bethesda would allow it to be an Achilles heel in their game. 

Everybody is sick of WoW, thinks GW is a failure, hates Aventurine, and thinks SOE is a greedy scam artist.  Yet, people scream and kick and moan when a company makes a game that doesn't follow the same model.

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Bethesda isn't making this game.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Indeed, Bethesda Game Studios, the makers of Oblivion and Skyrim, are not making this game. Instead, ZeniMax Media (the parent company) created ZeniMax Online Studies to create this MMO for them. It will, however, still be published by Bethesda Softworks, just like all the other TES games.

Doing it this way is obviously a smart move as it frees up Bethesda Game Studios to continue to work on our beloved single player TES franchise.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Scalpless

Heh, wonder how many times you're going to have to remind folks of that?  Even if Bethesda were the developer and not just the publisher of the title, the same rhetoric was used over and over when it came to Bioware and SWTOR.  Honestly, can Zenimax do any worse than Bioware did?  God I hope not. =/

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Ok then it will probably suck, it's either going to suck or it's not.  Nothing you say on these forums are going to alter whether or not it sucks nor will it change how much it sucks.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

Everybody is sick of WoW, thinks GW is a failure, hates Aventurine, and thinks SOE is a greedy scam artist...... 

Yet the keep buying games with the same philosophy of streamlining and convenience.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Op has a good point.

Zenimax have a lot of money and put a lot of time and resources into their games, not just bethseda games, look at say dishonoured by arkane, no corners cut there.

Also look at ZOS dev team, they come from top quality mmos - daoc & uo.
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Ok then it will probably suck, it's either going to suck or it's not.  Nothing you say on these forums are going to alter whether or not it sucks nor will it change how much it sucks.

S why not let us discuss it without feeling the need to prove us wrong, tell us the game isn't out yet, tell us to not play it or any of he other things people say....oh that is right, because we are all free to express our opinions about the game on these forums.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Besides the fact that Bethesda isn't making this game, Daggerfall and Arena were among the most bugged games ever released on the PC at the time of their release, so I'm not sure the statement that they don't make broken games comes from. Morrowind definetly wasn't bug-less either. 

REALITY CHECK

You don't know how big the world is Mael.

If the world is as big as daoc the various "waagh I can't go everywhere" whines are moot. If the world is as big as daoc you will get at least double the pve content in your "locked faction" as you do in the entire game with recent mmos like tsw, swtor, vanilla rift and gw2.

People forget just how big the world was in daoc. It is like 3 separate pve mmos with a shared pvp mmo. It is 4 games in one compared to modern mmos.

Maybe our opinions sound like a menagerie of crybabies complaining because we aren't satisfied with anything anyone else ever does and we don't want to do anything for ourselves.  Maybe our opinions don't actually matter.  If you think you're the guru of MMO games and know everything, go hire a team and make one yourself.  Tell everyone what you want to do in Kickstarter and get some support.  Oh wait the same people who complain about EVERY single mmo are the same people who think Kickstarter is a horrible idea.  What a sad bunch.

We're the consumer, searching a market place of available products, a marketplace which has failed to produce a product we can all be satisfied with time and time again.  Pick a game you like and play it, nobody is making a game for 1 specific person.  Yes games with poor models fail, that will continue as long as gaming exists.

My point was that Bethesda has a 100% success record, and excedes expectations in every game that they publish or develop.  When I made this point it was referred to as the same rhetoric used with Bioware and something else lol. 

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

That's not really the tone I was trying to convey in my post, though I don't know if this was directed at me or others.  My feeling is that patience is the best course as history has already shown that past successes and even dollars spent are no indicator of future success.  I'm as hopeful as anyone that this game will be spectacular but I've been burned a lot by hope.

No I agree with you, patience is the key.  Every game will eventually be good, unfortunately most games are not good before the consumer has already passed them over.
    Why do I need to use kickstarter?

By the sounds of it ZOS are making pretty much my ideal game (except the megaserver nonsense)

Best mmo ever - daoc, meets best rpg series ever - tes. What's not to like.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    It's not 3 MMOs in 1, it's 1 MMO segregated into 3 parts. Well acually they are putting a pvp part in the middle so 4 parts but still it's only one MMO. Lipstick on a pig and all that.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Not This crap again.

What you guys think is take a game like say rift and divide it by 3. Which would be shit I agree.

What daoc is, is take a game like rift give it to albion, take a second game like rift give it to hibernian, take a 3rd game like rift give it to midgard, then take a 4th game like a fantasy planetside then let everyone pvp in it.

Daoc has 41 dungeons, how many of these modern "pve" mmos have anything like that, possibly wow after several expansions, but none of the others, hell tsw, swtor and gw2 are in single figures.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

You seem really eager to generalise. "We" are not you. I'm not sick of WoW, think GW2 is a success and couldn't care less about Aventurine or SOE. Bethesda hasn't exceeded my expectations that often. In fact, I think both Oblivion and Fallout 3 are rather boring games and poor sequels to fantastic Morrowind and Fallout 2. If you're in love with Bethesda and think their indirect influence can produce something awesome, good for you. I, however, am quite happy with my own opinions and don't need a spokesperson, thank you.

So far, TESO looks interesting, but not more than that.

Originally posted by Airwren
    Originally posted by Scalpless

Heh, wonder how many times you're going to have to remind folks of that?  Even if Bethesda were the developer and not just the publisher of the title, the same rhetoric was used over and over when it came to Bioware and SWTOR.  Honestly, can Zenimax do any worse than Bioware did?  God I hope not. =/

Well, the BW everyone liked wasn't the BW that made TOR. Having some guys or a brand from a studio doesn't magically turn your team into that studio. That's also something the "This'll be DAoC 2!" folks should keep in mind.

Originally posted by ShakyMo

If the world is as big as daoc the various "waagh I can't go everywhere" whines are moot. If the world is as big as daoc you will get at least double the pve content in your "locked faction" as you do in the entire game with recent mmos like tsw, swtor, vanilla rift and gw2.

People forget just how big the world was in daoc. It is like 3 separate pve mmos with a shared pvp mmo. It is 4 games in one compared to modern mmos.

Neither do you so you are just expressing your opinion as much as I am.

As for world size...my problem isn't how big the world is. the problem is, as a Breton (for example) I cannot got to Shyrim and climb the 7000 steps goto Morrowind to see the volcano. There will be mechanical restrictions in place to stop me visiting that mountain in the distance if it happens to be in a place outside my faction. And as I pointed out elsewhere, I would rather hve lots of content open to all my characters then only haveing specific content available to each based on faction.

lol so now the game is gonna be 4 games in 1.....fuck it....I like to think of each quest in Skyrim as an game gave so if TESO has 200 quests that is gonna be 200 games in 1. Plus the PvP. Each opponent is a new PvP game.

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF GAMES WITHIN TESO, THE OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS - See how stupid it sounds when you try and justify their resrictions by exagerating and excusing it?

I'm not exaggerating though. Daoc has a much larger landmass than these modern mmos. If they are making a "daoc 2" I would not be worried about running out of pve content.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Neither do you so you are just expressing your opinion as much as I am.

As for world size...my problem isn't how big the world is. the problem is, as a Breton (for example) I cannot got to Shyrim and climb the 7000 steps goto Morrowind to see the volcano. There will be mechanical restrictions in place to stop me visiting that mountain in the distance if it happens to be in a place outside my faction. And as I pointed out elsewhere, I would rather hve lots of content open to all my characters then only haveing specific content available to each based on faction.

lol so now the game is gonna be 4 games in 1.....fuck it....I like to think of each quest in Skyrim as an game gave so if TESO has 200 quests that is gonna be 200 games in 1. Plus the PvP. Each opponent is a new PvP game.

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF GAMES WITHIN TESO, THE OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS - See how stupid it sounds when you try and justify their resrictions by exagerating and excusing it?

Yeah for some TES fans the size of the game has nothing to do with the ES need to be able to go everywhere the game has.

I don't have this problem as I am an altaholic and will make characters in all 3 factions anyway.

As a side note: the majority of Vvardenfell isn't open for exploration so you wouldn't be able to go to Red Mountain anyway.

Originally posted by MyTabbycat

As a side note: the majority of Vvardenfell isn't open for exploration so you wouldn't be able to go to Red Mountain anyway.

I can live with area's of the game not being live more then being live but blocked.

Not This crap again.

What you guys think is take a game like say rift and divide it by 3. Which would be shit I agree.

What daoc is, is take a game like rift give it to albion, take a second game like rift give it to hibernian, take a 3rd game like rift give it to midgard, then take a 4th game like a fantasy planetside then let everyone pvp in it.

Daoc has 41 dungeons, how many of these modern "pve" mmos have anything like that, possibly wow after several expansions, but none of the others, hell tsw, swtor and gw2 are in single figures.

So 41 dungeons and only darkness falls mattered at all. This is like SWTOR saying it had a game for every class story.

Saying it's 3 MMOs in 1 is just not true.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Hype train goes on and on and on and on....

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Huh?

You do know pveers played daoc too, and those guys never went in DF? You do know the game had huge 100+ player pve raids? Sure pvpers at the time like uo and daoc,but daoc had pve content simmilar to EQ (though less elitist, more Inclusive)
    Huh?

You do know pveers played daoc too, and those guys never went in DF? You do know the game had huge 100+ player pve raids? Sure pvpers at the time like uo and daoc,but daoc had pve content simmilar to EQ (though less elitist, more Inclusive)

Yes we all know DAOC is famous for it's PVE oh wait maybe the entire premise for DAOC to be mentioned in an ESO thread is the PVP design. Did you really just play the daoc pve card?

It's not 3 MMOs in 1 no matter how hard anyone tries to spin it.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    How many MMOs have Bethesda made OP, your view is like cheerleading Ford for announcing an Aeroplane, although bugs in an MMO are less terminal.