Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Exclusive TERA Rising Live Stream Event TODAY!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com will be hosting an exclusive live stream event with En Masse developers to talk about tomorrow's launch of TERA Rising, the free to play version of TERA. We'll be joining Executive Producer Brian Knox and Associate Producer Patrick Sun to check out some new and overhauled locations and much more. Join us at 2:00 pm PST (5:00 pm EST) TODAY in the MMORPG.com Live Stream Channel.

The stream will include a casual Q&A after the tour and talk by the dev team. It's definitely an event you won't want to miss!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Glad they put some effort into advertising the F2P.

Wish EU TERA did something aswell :P

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    TERA was worth money, now as f2p this is making it much bigger !!!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Already got the game downloaded and ready to play.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

The servers being down for 24 hrs is going to suck but between this change and the upcoming patch the game is getting some nice improvments.

f2p was the right way to go for tera. It should of launched this way.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Well see how F2P launch goes, hopefully they do it right and bring over the guild/faction PvP and raids from Korea in a timely fashion. Korea has also begun working on guild housing again.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Interesting...interesting..
    So many mmos, so little time XD

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I better get downloading, I completely forgot about this until just now. I'm pretty excited for this too, I haven't played anything new since GW2 came out and even at that I still play WoW more than GW2. Hopefully I can become immersed in the pve here because that's what its going to take to get me to stick around. I'm finding anymore pvp in mmo's is a waste of my time as long as there is a gear grind involved. Here's to Tera carrying me to Neverwinter or EOS whichever I settle on devoting time to.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

Exactly !!!! QQ QQ QQ

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    It seems f2p + tera will be a good fit

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Will region lock be remove after f2p?

RIP Orc Choppa

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Oh an interview with Patrick Sun and Brian from Family Guy. This should be fun!

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

Very true

• xArsonistxxArsonistx Member Posts: 31
    I love this. Gw2 was a major flop for me and kind of been just playing LoL to waste time till archeage an TESO comes out but this will be awesome to waste some time and I heard its a pretty good game. I wonder is it better then gw2? guess I will find out.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by xArsonistx
    I love this. Gw2 was a major flop for me and kind of been just playing LoL to waste time till archeage an TESO comes out but this will be awesome to waste some time and I heard its a pretty good game. I wonder is it better then gw2? guess I will find out.

It has the classic quest hubs - kill 10 rats - come back, etc. The combat system is different than others. The races are classic anime style. It is a decent game.

• xArsonistxxArsonistx Member Posts: 31

I dont mind go here kill that quest....GW2 is a good example of marketing. They have the same exact quest as every single MMO but yet they convinced the public that they are dynamic events that impact the world which they do not. They are the basic go here kill that pick this flower quest as any other MMO just repackaged.

Originally posted by xArsonistx

I dont mind go here kill that quest....GW2 is a good example of marketing. They have the same exact quest as every single MMO but yet they convinced the public that they are dynamic events that impact the world which they do not. They are the basic go here kill that pick this flower quest as any other MMO just repackaged.

Pretty much, some of the hearts really started annoying me later on. But overall GW2s questing is still more enjoyable than TERAs, but not by much and it was mostly because of how much faster leveling in GW2 was, took too long in TERA, got painful in the 50s whereas I was 80 in GW2 before I could burn out. Masking the same old quest system only does so much, need to revamp the entire idea of levels in an MMO in my opinion.

I think a fine tweaked Runescape system in a fully functional AAA MMO would be the most ideal solution.

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

Heh, will give this a try for sure.

Their F2P chart seems very generous too, from what I saw :o

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I counted the word "GW2" 11 times, 9 if I exclude quotes and add the one in my post (and hopefully last!).

Could we just not mention it, in a thread totally unrelated to it? 

You do know what happens soon after, right? Right?

Just

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by NBlitz

I counted the word "GW2" 11 times, 9 if I exclude quotes and add the one in my post (and hopefully last!).

Just

lol- funny ...too bad TERA dosent have Charrs..see? i didnt mention-that other game for yah.

all things aside- i wish TERA had proportionate weapons to their characters then maybe id give it a go.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Gah, I hope the servers aren't down forever.  I spent yesterday running STO third anniversary event quests and haven't got to play my archer in a couple of days.

I got my wife and son an account they can share so we can duo BAMs and such.  $20 for the pre-order was a pretty good deal, imo.

Depending on what servers they open I might re-roll, but I've already got to the mid 20s on my archer and spent my one use mount token on him.

I really hope F2P goes well for them.  This is a great game.  It reminds me of Lineage without having to PvP.  Even the animation to pickup ground drops is similar to the old Lineage animation.

If you bought the game you will be a founder and get the "Terminus Mount" it is an argonomorphed horse, glows, electricity effects and it's redeemable on all your characters from level 1.

So no worries in the mount department.

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    this looks like a great f2p model, I'll definately be downloading this and giving it a good go
  • KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    I had an account and played for like two months and quit, does this mean at 12 I'll be able to log in for free?

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Just

lol- funny

I try :p 

...too bad TERA dosent have Charrs..see?

Not really. The Amani are pretty kick-ass on their own. No fur needed.

i didnt mention-that other game for yah.

Still, what's this have to do with the topic?

all things aside- i wish TERA had proportionate weapons to their characters then maybe id give it a go.

Ah, this is what you were getting to. Informing the rest of the Net you don't want to play because the weapons are not "proportionate"? What the funk does proportionate even mean in a world created from the figments of the artists' imagination?

Imagine whacking away at one of these with your proportionately flimsy weapons:

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Gonna take this game for a spin.
    Originally posted by KatlaOdindottir
    I had an account and played for like two months and quit, does this mean at 12 I'll be able to log in for free?

Yes, you'll be able to login and play for free as a founder, the game remains unchanged for you and you get a free mount usable on all characters from level 1.