Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion

Trion should be involved with making the next Star Wars MMORPG.

That is all.

Comments

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Nothing to do with the game but George Lucas should back away from the franchise all together.  Mediocre talent but got lucky.  
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    There's a reason Trions last producer "resigned".
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I think Adventurine should do the next Star Wars mmo :) or the WarZ squad

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

If you want Rift 2.0... Trion hasn't proven they have any talent in creating a vibrant world or story.  While Rift is certainly a technicially proficient game, it's also incredibly mediocre in almost all creative aspects. 

Honestly Funcom is probably the best company to do it, but between their shit record at MMO launches and their recent downsizing, that will never happen.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    SOE should do the next Star Wars. They know now what people want.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

We might get a new battlefield game , now that would be pretty cool. Not tried any Trion games yet , might get Defiance.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

clint eastwood as tech guy

jerry seinfeld for arts/design

GET TO WORK!!!!

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

ROFL!!!!!!

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by ktanner3

ROFL!!!!!!

SOE had a more solid and dedicated fanbase.  They did something right apparently (Regardless of your mindless laughs).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by Karteli

ROFL!!!!!!

SOE had a more solid and dedicated fanbase.  They did something right apparently (Regardless of your mindless laughs).

They're laughs based on experience with them in SWG. Don't even try and pretend that there was dedication to SOE because I was there during that whole debacle and know better. The players HATED SOE. The only reason they stuck through that game for as long as they did was because of the great community that was forged early on and the great foundation the game was built on. They stuck through all the crashes, bugs, broken professions, revamps..even the CU. Once the NGE happened that was the last straw and they left. There was actual protests in game. Players were standing around theed  shouting F. U to SOE. Heck, many crafters left notes on their houses saying they left and telling SOE what to do with itself.  I have never seen that level of hatred displayed in a game towards a company before or since. That's not counting what was up on the forums on a daily basis. 

You need to move on or try to peddle that SOE love fantasy to someone that doesn't any better. 

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by turkishmafia

That is all.

There is no "next Star Wars MMORPG" The IP is old and dead.

that is all.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

ROFL!!!!!!

They're laughs based on experience with them in SWG. Don't even try and pretend that there was dedication to SOE because I was there during that whole debacle and know better. The players HATED SOE. The only reason they stuck through that game for as long as they did was because of the great community that was forged early on and the great foundation the game was built on. They stuck through all the crashes, bugs, broken professions, revamps..even the CU. Once the NGE happened that was the last straw and they left.  It had NOTHING to do with SOE. 

You need to move on or try to peddle that fantasy to someone that doesn't any better. 

I had my experience with SOE, no need to lecture me.

I do question your statement in blue.

I don't see things as you do, apparently.  Explain it to me please!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

No, no they don't, but the suites there that keep dumbing down the the SOE games and doing NGE's think they do.

Hope you were being sarcastic and i was just being to dense to see it.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt another Star Wars MMORPG for years to come, but then again I wouldnt be surprised if there was one in the making as I post this. Anything is possible I guess, maybe Disney and Blizzard will pair up for it?

ROFL!!!!!!

I agree with your past tense termanology "Had" as such they did something wrong, and the laughs are not so mindless.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

ROFL!!!!!!

They're laughs based on experience with them in SWG. Don't even try and pretend that there was dedication to SOE because I was there during that whole debacle and know better. The players HATED SOE. The only reason they stuck through that game for as long as they did was because of the great community that was forged early on and the great foundation the game was built on. They stuck through all the crashes, bugs, broken professions, revamps..even the CU. Once the NGE happened that was the last straw and they left.  It had NOTHING to do with SOE. 

You need to move on or try to peddle that fantasy to someone that doesn't any better. 

I had my experience with SOE, no need to lecture me.

I do question your statement in blue.

I don't see things as you do, apparently.  Explain it to me please!

I think I would have to side with you on this because from my understanding the star wars game that replaced it by a different developer did alot worse.

ROFL!!!!!!

They're laughs based on experience with them in SWG. Don't even try and pretend that there was dedication to SOE because I was there during that whole debacle and know better. The players HATED SOE. The only reason they stuck through that game for as long as they did was because of the great community that was forged early on and the great foundation the game was built on. They stuck through all the crashes, bugs, broken professions, revamps..even the CU. Once the NGE happened that was the last straw and they left. There was actual protests in game. Players were standing around theed  shouting F. U to SOE. Heck, many crafters left notes on their houses saying they left and telling SOE what to do with itself.  I have never seen that level of hatred displayed in a game towards a company before or since. That's not counting what was up on the forums on a daily basis. 

You need to move on or try to peddle that SOE love fantasy to someone that doesn't any better. 

Anyone remember Jester Rodeo? Guy used to dress up like th ejoker and do anti SOE/SWG podcast post NGE. WOndr whatever happened to that guy. Guess he moved on once SWG finally died.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by winter

That is all.

that is all.

Except for the next 3 Star Wars movies coming up

Anywho Trions one hit wonder only showed they could deliver a polished product that's all. If that's the bar we set these days then we really have sunk to new lows

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Starpower

That is all.

that is all.

This.

ROFL!!!!!!

I agree with your past tense termanology "Had" as such they did something wrong, and the laughs are not so mindless.

Can't believe I have to explain something that is pretty common knowledge with anyone that has been playing MMOs just eight years ago. Then again he only started posting here in 2012 so maybe he wasn't around during that whole debacle. 

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I don't know about Trion. Rift is great for what it is, but its not big enough and there were some things in that game that just smacked of half-ass to me. No offense to Rift fans, but I don't think that Trion is the answer. Putting out content at that rate is good though, I'd vote for that aspect.  

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

ROFL!!!!!!

Anyone remember Jester Rodeo? Guy used to dress up like th ejoker and do anti SOE/SWG podcast post NGE. WOndr whatever happened to that guy. Guess he moved on once SWG finally died.

Probably threw a big victory party first. The hate for SOE after the NGE was something that lingered for years. Even in other games I still run into players who swear up and down that they'll never fork over another penny to that company. 

[mod edit]

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

id like to point out cause no one else did that george lucas has nothing to do with starwars anymore. They were sold to watl disney for alot of money. So disney now owns star wars ip and games and all that suff. So the next mmo will be up to disney. 

Ps if u really want a star wars game that people play blizzard should do it. Say what u will about wow. Love or hate it, Diablo ro starcraft. Blizzard sells alot of games and gets alot of people to play there games. 

If blizzard ever did a sandbox mmo it would be the most popular sandbox mmo in history. so put blizzard together with star wars and it may not please mmorpg players but i bet they would have more players then either galaxies or the old republic got. 

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Starpower

That is all.

that is all.

Anywho Trions one hit wonder only showed they could deliver a polished product that's all. If that's the bar we set these days then we really have sunk to new lows

Along those movies SW-fans may witness the death of their beloved universe. It's Disney, it's going to be some rude awakening. And they will cry George to save their souls, even he can't be that bad.

I really hope Trion won't fade away as a one hit wonder. Afterall, they did introduce a solid product with new story and tested mechanics. And as hard niche MMORPG games are, they did awesome.