Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Truth about DayZ needs to be told

DobeyxxlDobeyxxl Member Posts: 11

DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers. I am not talking about aim bots and esp but any script kiddie with a free hack can nuke a server and destroy all the hard work that legitimate players have done.

I have had the displeasure of hosting a DayZ server for a month and have gotten over 5000 unique players, averaging over 35 at a time  playing on server. Our servers were running Battleye anti cheat, Gotcha which recently got shut down since they were attacked by hackers, The silent warrior anti hack , server controle panel with interactive mapping and 5 active admins using Dart Rcon tool.

It is impossible to stop script kiddies from injecting what ever they want into your server and taking it over or nuking it when ever they get upset. Banning them does Nothing, they jump on skype and get new stolen GUID keys from their fellow hacking friends and it is easy enough to change your ip.

You ban one person for hacking and ten of his buddies log on and wreck your server, killing everyone on it and destroying everyone's gear. My self and my fellow admins have even been banned by them and my server name changed along with all starting load outs changed. As my team researched this we learned that their are 7 dollar hacks that give any script kiddie this kind of power and the DAYZ COMMUNITY does Nothing about it.

In my 20 yrs of gaming I have never seen anything as bad as this, it goes beyond personal cheating , anyone with a cheap to free cheat can shut a server down when ever they want.

The truth about the state of DayZ and the community which plays it needs to be exposed, for if it is not then nothing will change. Dayz  gets nothing but good press when it does not deserve it.

People need to speak up about the true state of DayZ and force them to act.

As a side note for those who truly strive to have a pure gaming experience one has to ask themselves why are their no tools to combat scripts that can take over DayZ servers, is DayZ pro hacker, is Rocket pro hacker?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Dobeyxxl
    DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers. I am not talking about aim bots and esp but any script kiddie with a free hack can nuke a server and destroy all the hard work that legitimate players have done.I have had the displeasure of hosting a DayZ server for a month and have gotten over 5000 unique players, averaging over 35 at a time  playing on server. Our servers were running Battleye anti cheat, Gotcha which recently got shut down since they were attacked by hackers, The silent warrior anti hack , server controle panel with interactive mapping and 5 active admins using Dart Rcon tool.It is impossible to stop script kiddies from injecting what ever they want into your server and taking it over or nuking it when ever they get upset. Banning them does Nothing, they jump on skype and get new stolen GUID keys from their fellow hacking friends and it is easy enough to change your ip.You ban one person for hacking and ten of his buddies log on and wreck your server, killing everyone on it and destroying everyone's gear. My self and my fellow admins have even been banned by them and my server name changed along with all starting load outs changed. As my team researched this we learned that their are 7 dollar hacks that give any script kiddie this kind of power and the DAYZ COMMUNITY does Nothing about it.In my 20 yrs of gaming I have never seen anything as bad as this, it goes beyond personal cheating , anyone with a cheap to free cheat can shut a server down when ever they want.The truth about the state of DayZ and the community which plays it needs to be exposed, for if it is not then nothing will change. Dayz  gets nothing but good press when it does not deserve it.People need to speak up about the true state of DayZ and force them to act.As a side note for those who truly strive to have a pure gaming experience one has to ask themselves why are their no tools to combat scripts that can take over DayZ servers, is DayZ pro hacker, is Rocket pro hacker? 

Now, I know nothing of how Dayz servers work. But thinking along I.T lines could you do a MAC address ban, And have a server backup?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Nitth

DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers. I am not talking about aim bots and esp but any script kiddie with a free hack can nuke a server and destroy all the hard work that legitimate players have done.

I have had the displeasure of hosting a DayZ server for a month and have gotten over 5000 unique players, averaging over 35 at a time  playing on server. Our servers were running Battleye anti cheat, Gotcha which recently got shut down since they were attacked by hackers, The silent warrior anti hack , server controle panel with interactive mapping and 5 active admins using Dart Rcon tool.

It is impossible to stop script kiddies from injecting what ever they want into your server and taking it over or nuking it when ever they get upset. Banning them does Nothing, they jump on skype and get new stolen GUID keys from their fellow hacking friends and it is easy enough to change your ip.

You ban one person for hacking and ten of his buddies log on and wreck your server, killing everyone on it and destroying everyone's gear. My self and my fellow admins have even been banned by them and my server name changed along with all starting load outs changed. As my team researched this we learned that their are 7 dollar hacks that give any script kiddie this kind of power and the DAYZ COMMUNITY does Nothing about it.

In my 20 yrs of gaming I have never seen anything as bad as this, it goes beyond personal cheating , anyone with a cheap to free cheat can shut a server down when ever they want.

The truth about the state of DayZ and the community which plays it needs to be exposed, for if it is not then nothing will change. Dayz  gets nothing but good press when it does not deserve it.

People need to speak up about the true state of DayZ and force them to act.

As a side note for those who truly strive to have a pure gaming experience one has to ask themselves why are their no tools to combat scripts that can take over DayZ servers, is DayZ pro hacker, is Rocket pro hacker?

Now, I know nothing of how Dayz servers work. But thinking along I.T lines could you do a MAC address ban, And have a server backup?

I use IT terms to try and sound knowledgable about a subject.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Rocket is not wasting his or the other devs time working on the DayZ mod since they are busy developing a new game, one hopefully with fewer hackers. The reason, as I understand it, that the scripting is so easy in Arma 2 is  because the game was designed as a coop team/squad game, not PvP. It was designed in a way that friends could get together and do thier own missions, modifying the game anyway they wanted without worrying about some bored idiot wanting to ruin everyones day for whatever reason. So having all these tools built into the core of the game make it a script kiddies dream come true.

The problems you describe are the reason I only play on private hives now. www.dayzrp.com is where I spend most of my time and the admins there have been pretty successful with keeping the lowlifes out.

• DobeyxxlDobeyxxl Member Posts: 11

Don't want to get off topic but I don't even think it is legal for me do dig into their stuff to get their Mac address, don't I have to inject something into their system to even get that info?

Point is I am not a game developer, just a guy who payed a monthly fee so that people could play DayZ on my server. My admins are trying various commercial hacks out now and testing them on our server, all I can say is What the Heck. They can see our Rcon tools and set them to default, they can do more with our server then DayZ enables the paying server owners to do.

This a DayZ developer problem and a community problem, a huge problem and people need to be made aware of the scope of the problem.

Pressure needs to be applied or the stand alone will be a utter failure resulting in thousands if not millions of people wasting their hard earned money for a mirage that never existed in the first place.

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by Murashu

Rocket is not wasting his or the other devs time working on the DayZ mod since they are busy developing a new game, one hopefully with fewer hackers. The reason, as I understand it, that the scripting is so easy in Arma 2 is  because the game was designed as a coop team/squad game, not PvP. It was designed in a way that friends could get together and do thier own missions, modifying the game anyway they wanted without worrying about some bored idiot wanting to ruin everyones day for whatever reason. So having all these tools built into the core of the game make it a script kiddies dream come true.

The problems you describe are the reason I only play on private hives now. www.dayzrp.com is where I spend most of my time and the admins there have been pretty successful with keeping the lowlifes out.

This. I run a DayZ clan and have had a dedicated since the beggining. We have never had our server hacked like that but I can say the scripts are rampant. Truth be told Rocket never thought the game would blow up the way it did, so everyone got caught with their pants down. As far as calling Rocket a pro hacker, well that's the dumbest shit I've read all week.

I do understand the OP's frustration, and that is why my clan quit playing on the hive servers, and our shit is passworded. We did the whitelisting for a while but that became a job, and its a pain in the ass.

Now we just play Arma senarios made by our guildies, that or wasteland until the standalone release. Edit: Also OP, you have to remember, DayZ is not a game, its a MOD...

We have looked into white listing and passwording our server but then you are on a server with people who all know each other which kinda defeats the entire experience in my opinion.

Playing on a open server is like going out and meeting a woman, then bringing her home for the night.

Playing on a whitelisted server that is password locked is like going out and meeting your sister then taking her home for the night, yuk!

Why does Rocket get to have his cake and eat it to, We pay money to host DayZ servers, we pay money to play DayZ since you are forced to purchase Arma, again they might say its free buts its not.

Pressure needs to be applied, the community creates new maps and content all the time but cant police itself and help develop anti hacking software?

A reasonable person needs to wounder is the DayZ community pro hacker? and then what would the stand alone be if its base is pro hacker?

You cant leave your product name out on the market  being hacked to crap by its community and claim that you are immune to its reputation, this is Rockets baby, this is the community's baby, they hold responsibility for its state.

Even the fact that you are forced to play on a passworded server validates my point.

This needs to be echoed through out the gaming community so hopefully things change or at the very least those who chose to invest time and money into the game understand the true state of it.

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    ill just say you have to be really a pathetic little person sad really to CHEAT AT PVP on a video game, just sad.  Just really proves that the person who is cheating is not man enough or has the "greatfruits" downstairs to have the skill to pvp without cheating.
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

First of all, I am going to state upfron that I am no DayZ fanboy. All of what the OP says is true on public servers. From what I understand, ARMA II is a niche game that was constructed as an open engine for small groups of friends to play on. According to their fans, this worked very well until the explosion of popularity due to DayZ. ARMA is meant to allow scripts to be run so server admins can set up scenarios to play on. It is also true that Battle Eye does not work very well.

The only DayZ experience that I have had without hackers has been on whitelisted servers. You have to sign up on these to play  and the server admin knows who the members are. Hackers cannot just pop on and destroy the game for other players. Currently, this is the only way to play DayZ. To the OP, I would recommned making your server a whitelisted server. I am sure it is alot of work but thats the only way to do it right now.

According to Dean Hall, this issue has been a major priority for the standalone game. They are also launching on Steam and that should help as well. Even with all of this, I am still only going to play DayZ on whitelisted servers. Most script kiddies simply do not have the patience to get whitelisted so they stick to the easily accessible public servers.

We have looked into white listing and passwording our server but then you are on a server with people who all know each other which kinda defeats the entire experience in my opinion.

Playing on a open server is like going out and meeting a woman, then bringing her home for the night.

Playing on a whitelisted server that is password locked is like going out and meeting your sister then taking her home for the night, yuk!

Why does Rocket get to have his cake and eat it to, We pay money to host DayZ servers, we pay money to play DayZ since you are forced to purchase Arma, again they might say its free buts its not.

Pressure needs to be applied, the community creates new maps and content all the time but cant police itself and help develop anti hacking software?

A reasonable person needs to wounder is the DayZ community pro hacker? and then what would the stand alone be if its base is pro hacker?

You cant leave your product name out on the market  being hacked to crap by its community and claim that you are immune to its reputation, this is Rockets baby, this is the community's baby, they hold responsibility for its state.

Even the fact that you are forced to play on a passworded server validates my point.

This needs to be echoed through out the gaming community so hopefully things change or at the very least those who chose to invest time and money into the game understand the true state of it.

Again OP, its a free mod..And no matter how you look at it its free. We played Arma before DayZ so... And as far as playing on our own server there are enough clanmates to fill it. So, it's still fun:)

But really, you take a chance to buy a game just to play a mod, i mean really who doz that?? ( About a million people) But let me ask you this, did you research the Arma engine (Game) before you bought it for Day? chalk it up as a lesson learned. Noone twisted your arm to do this, there was no one promoting the game other than word of mouth, Rocket was not waving his arms saying "buy Arma and play my mod"!!

Now when standalone comes out, and we still have these problems, then I will have your back.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Hopefully Rocket can get the stand alone to be less hack friendly but I have doubts.

Sadly this is one the reasons I only play Triple-A titles, indies just dont have the means necessary to stamp down on cheaters.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

You say DayZ is not a game people want to play without hackers then dismiss proven methods of playing without hackers...

I meet new people every time I play on the whitelisted server I mentioned previously and it is nothing like playing with your sister, I don't even want to understand where you were going with that. Most people do not play 7 nights a week so it is very common to have a larger group (300ish) of people signed up for a server to keep 35-50 people playing each night.

Rockets product as you call it, is a FREE mod. You do not pay him to use the mod or the servers. You buy Arma 2 which is a coop military sim that was not designed to combat hackers and script kiddies.

I think most reasonable people can appreciate what Rocket has provided for FREE and are willing to see what he can do with the standalone. He will be charging money for the standalone and if it is riddle with hackers, then we have something to bitch about.

I am not a child and have given up childish logic long ago. A grown person does not just except what they are told to.

If we critically examine the situation we can come to logically correct decisions.

Marek Spanel from  Bohemia Interactive admitted that due to the DayZ mod Arma2 sales say a 500% increase and that they were more then happy to do work in future Arma updates ( this was back in 1.61) for DayZ.

"We are actively communicating about how we could best support the Arma 2 user community especially in multi player and Day Z players are right now a significant portion of people actively playing the game, so of course it's high on our priority list to support it the best we can" 

In the real world it would appear that Bohemia interactive has acknowledged that DayZ is responsible for its increased revenue and that they actively participated in its development. Thus taking responsibility for the products success or failure.

Currently it is a utter hacked failure, Public hives aren't even played on anymore and privet hives are almost as worse, even true believers admit that they can only play on whitelisted servers with their friends.

Why is the state of DayZ a utter failure, why does Bohemia interactive get to benefit from a 500% sales increase yet claim , this is a free mod, yeah tell that to the bank or your lawyer, lol

Rocket created this and Arma helped along with the community, if it is a mess it is still their creation and the reputation still reflects on them.

In their own words this hacked to death mess is the "Best" that they can do. The gaming community in general needs to be made aware of this.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

or you do like they do on minecraft... host a white listed server, make a forum thread about joining said white listed server and the requirements to do so. person completes said sign up and you add them to the list.. its a fking what 8hr turn around. if the person fks up on the server and breaks the rules BAM gone.. problem solved. 

its a public whitelist that way. it keeps scrubs out and keeps the player pool rotating so its not stagnate. 

expecting anti-cheat software to do the job is stupid. if WoW cant anti-cheat protect it self what the fk makes you think a free mod on arma will beable to O_o

fps games are full of aimbot/wall cheat scripts thats pretty much all you should expect now any game you run or play will be hacked and scripted before it leaves beta... so you can only setup anti cheat on the server and lock it down so joe blow cant just join and piss on it then logout.. instead they have towork to get on it first. 

as most retards are too dimwitted to wait the 24hrs to get accepted to the server.. they are most likely not going to waste time pissing on yours.

failing to do that is your own fault really.  valve anti-cheat is full of cheats.. lol most hl2 mods/games run it just to keep the real dreg out.. so why dont you ?? :/ 

seeing as setting up and running a server is by most accounts a job.. why not take the time to secure it better then trusting in cheap easy broken anti cheats :/

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Why is the state of DayZ a utter failure, why does Bohemia interactive get to benefit from a 500% sales increase yet claim , this is a free mod, yeah tell that to the bank or your lawyer, lol

Rocket created this and Arma helped along with the community, if it is a mess it is still their creation and the reputation still reflects on them.

You do not seem to understand what a mod is....

A team made a game, and gets payed when you buy arma II.

Dayz was made by a seperate person who does not get paid when you buy Arma, he took an engine that he thought he could work with and made a unique zombie survival game/mod. It has problems but it is a free mod for christ sake if you want Arma to work like Arma play it like Arma in co-op modern combat mode and stop playing it like a hacked version of Arma that has zombies running aorund in an mmo-ish environment.

They have already stated the stand alone version will use a different server system and one of the reasons is because of hacking. Move on, the free mod is probably not going to get that much support going forward with a standalone being worked on. I mean honestly who do you want to come to your rescue on your problems with the free mod? The original Arma team who didn't make the mod or the problems that come with the mod? The Dayz developer who is making a completely new product and didn't charge you anything for this free mod? Maybe your computer manufacturer should be involved in this somehow, after all they made the hardware that runs the software that runs the other software that is modded...and they are not doing a damn thing to stop your hacker problem.

I don't not believe that you fully understand the true state of DayZ, I am not talking about annoying little aim bots or esp hacks. The hacks that I am describing enable you to ban admins, inject stuff into the server database, remotely shut down Rcon tools, essentially from client side take over the server just by injecting a free script, its a horrible mess.

Some will argue that Arma was never meant for this but in their own words they admit that they benefit from charging us for the game and they would be doing their "best" to help improve the mod.

This is their best, why not secure your servers, stop client side script injection capabilities, develop tools that admins can use to combat hackers. The only way you can spectate view the players on your server is through hacking your own server and risk getting a global ban by Battleye yourself. That is ridiculous.

The community claims that giving admins the tools they need to combat hackers would lead to admin abuse so the hackers severely outgun the admins, if this doesn't sound like a pro hacker developer and community I don't know what does. These are private servers that we pay monthly fees to host.

You can white list what ever you want but people will still be pissed if a hacker gets in and nukes everything, which has already been described in the official dayZ forums. To quote " it only takes one hacker to ruin your white listed server and cause your members to quit". Many on the DayZ forums have posted about giving up on DayZ until standalone comes out, but why should we believe that things will be different?

If people choose to play DayZ knowing that it is hacked to crap that is fair enough but honestly the gaming media has not reported enough concerning the true state of the community and the game. It is only fair that people know what is really going on in DayZ before they spend money to play it.

My hope is that enough people will complain and things will change but I am afraid based upon the number of people who played on my server that cheated, their simply is not enough active legit DayZ members to make a difference.

Imagine if any person who was a member of MMORPG could take over the server when ever something upset them, perhaps a Mod reprimanded you or you didn't like a post and you just were able to nuke everything even banning other members and shutting down the mods and locking them out

That is what I am trying to explain what is happening in DayZ, it is utterly ridiculous and for the love of God i can not explain why it has not been reported on. All these articles about Mod of the year and what not are nothing more then rainbows and unicorns.

As we all know unicorns don't actually exist.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers.

I agree with everything you said - but the problem, as someone else has pointed out, is that the first half of your above sentence is the most crucial part.

DayZ is NOT a game, at all. It is a mod.

It is just an experiment so that Rocket can get the experience and knowledge required going forward with his own game - that is the true, standalone version of DayZ.

If you want DayZ where they start to deal with hackers, wait till DayZ standalone comes out. With DayZ mod you are only participating in a experiment, nothing more.

The servers that you've paid for has nothing to do with Rocket - he doesn't even sell servers. It is hosted by providers. That's the key part you really need to understand.

You know what? I'm starting to think your one of those WarZ fucktards..
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Hopefully Rocket can get the stand alone to be less hack friendly but I have doubts. Sadly this is one the reasons I only play Triple-A titles, indies just dont have the means necessary to stamp down on cheaters.

According to Rockets latest posts. DayZ Standalone has an entirely new server side. It was written from the ground up to not trust clients. There is NO way for a client to run scripts on the server side like there is now. The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Day-Z's hacking is pretty rampant, but that happens in any popular shooting game, and mods have it even worse. Problem is the anti-cheat that isn't even supported by arma anymore, bans random people. One of my friends actually got banned while playing legit on a server with 1 other person on it, because it detects false positives and gives you no chance to fight it. Basically his options were play day-z on unsecure servers without anti-cheat or play on privately owned servers. I think that this anti cheat is the reason hackers are running so rampant, it's garbage in design and in detecting actual hacks. I'm assuming with the standalone release it should have pretty decent anti cheats in place, but who knows maybe it will be just as bad.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

^ Exactly, and that in turn enables people to mod Arma2. Otherwise it will be impossible to create mods like DayZ using Arma2 if everything was locked down like a true mmo server/client.

Wait till DayZ is a standalone game before we past judgement. Really no point at judging an experiment.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

^ Exactly, and that in turn enables people to mod Arma2. Otherwise it will be impossible to create mods like DayZ using Arma2 if everything was locked down like a true mmo server/client.

Wait till DayZ is a standalone game before we past judgement. Really no point at judging an experiment.

For us that play Arma, Its awesome for what it does, it lets us set up our own senarios!! Fun as hell!!

But for a Mod to come along, and be as popular as it is, well, shit... Sorry. Again, ITS A FUCKING MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

As Arma and DayZ players we understand this, why cant you??

That's not entirely true, if you are the host and have a private server you could still mod the game. The way it is set up now anybody who connects to the game can mod your server from their client.

Simply enable modding server side only.

The post speaks for itself and hopefully it is informative for anyone thinking about paying money to try this so called experiment.

Bohemia Interactive has benefited tremendously from the sales increase of Arma 2 which is needed to play this so called free mod, lol

Arma2 was dying before DayZ made the headlines.

That's not entirely true, if you are the host and have a private server you could still mod the game. The way it is set up now anybody who connects to the game can mod your server from their client.

Simply enable modding server side only.

The post speaks for itself and hopefully it is informative for anyone thinking about paying money to try this so called experiment.

Bohemia Interactive has benefited tremendously from the sales increase of Arma 2 which is needed to play this so called free mod, lol

Arma2 was dying before DayZ made the headlines.

1. Your Admins suck at what they do. We never had half the problems you guy's have suffered though. And 454 U.S. East was notorious on youtube "FTS Gaming", SiCo, we got scrit kids left and right, but managed to block most. 

2. A great Mod was made, and people bitch thinking its a game.

3. Arma is a nitch game and as far as sales,  Arma3 will do well, and is set for release soon.

4. Your a hater, and I cant wait for standalone so you fuckers can leave my game.  

I cant find a 454 U.S. East server listed on DayZ commander? I did happen to find more then one thread about admin abuse concerning 454 U.S. East server in DayZ official forums, lol

Never had any official complaints about my admins.

Arma was dead before DayZ

"Bohemia Interactive’s ARMA II is arguably the most amazing comeback story of 2012. The game originally launched in May 2009. The military simulator had a soft debut, maintained relatively flat activity numbers, and did not attract many headlines for years after release."

One week after DayZ’s release, ARMA II’s daily active users increased by 36%. 

One month, DayZ had boosted ARMA II’s DAUs by 847%

During the first week of DayZ ARMA II saw 106% more new users per day, and in a month, that figure jumped to 1343%.

The average user was playing 50% more than before DayZ’s debut after 1 month

DayZ is Arma!

These numbers have only grown and now DayZ is responsible for over a 500% increase in Arma sales, people buy Arma for DayZ and not the other way around.

The time has come for people to understand DayZ has been left to rot , that the community thinks it was a experiment in their own words and to bad if its hacked to crap, that in your view we shouldn't even be here and expect something that is kept up and without massive hacking, lol

That was basically why I felt compelled to even make this thread in the first place.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers. I am not talking about aim bots and esp but any script kiddie with a free hack can nuke a server and destroy all the hard work that legitimate players have done.I have had the displeasure of hosting a DayZ server for a month and have gotten over 5000 unique players, averaging over 35 at a time  playing on server. Our servers were running Battleye anti cheat, Gotcha which recently got shut down since they were attacked by hackers, The silent warrior anti hack , server controle panel with interactive mapping and 5 active admins using Dart Rcon tool.It is impossible to stop script kiddies from injecting what ever they want into your server and taking it over or nuking it when ever they get upset. Banning them does Nothing, they jump on skype and get new stolen GUID keys from their fellow hacking friends and it is easy enough to change your ip.You ban one person for hacking and ten of his buddies log on and wreck your server, killing everyone on it and destroying everyone's gear. My self and my fellow admins have even been banned by them and my server name changed along with all starting load outs changed. As my team researched this we learned that their are 7 dollar hacks that give any script kiddie this kind of power and the DAYZ COMMUNITY does Nothing about it.In my 20 yrs of gaming I have never seen anything as bad as this, it goes beyond personal cheating , anyone with a cheap to free cheat can shut a server down when ever they want.The truth about the state of DayZ and the community which plays it needs to be exposed, for if it is not then nothing will change. Dayz  gets nothing but good press when it does not deserve it.People need to speak up about the true state of DayZ and force them to act.As a side note for those who truly strive to have a pure gaming experience one has to ask themselves why are their no tools to combat scripts that can take over DayZ servers, is DayZ pro hacker, is Rocket pro hacker? 

The security holes are actually rife within the core code of ARMA2, Whick is the foundation of the DayZ mod & not something that can be fixed within the mod.

TBH your post is borderline rant.